COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!

Emil

Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!
« Reply #140 on: 24 Oct 2016, 03:50 pm »
Emil,

Things were wild here in Happy Valley!!!!

I know cus I was THERE with over 107K other fans!

I almost cried :cry: :lol:

In case you missed to opening ceremonies. Fireworks at the end was a nice touch :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haPwTYqD1Cc&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

dpatters

« Reply #141 on: 24 Oct 2016, 05:02 pm »
I know cus I was THERE with over 107K other fans!

I almost cried :cry: :lol:

In case you missed to opening ceremonies. Fireworks at the end was a nice touch :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haPwTYqD1Cc&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

Do you live near State College?  I'm about 4 miles from the stadium.  Graduated in 1978.  Still here.

Emil

« Reply #142 on: 24 Oct 2016, 05:10 pm »
Do you live near State College?  I'm about 4 miles from the stadium.  Graduated in 1978.  Still here.

No. I'm on Long Island.

My daughter is a senior at PSU therefore the connection as well as  the checks I write to the school 3 times a year

dpatters

« Reply #143 on: 24 Oct 2016, 05:41 pm »
No. I'm on Long Island.

My daughter is a senior at PSU therefore the connection as well as  the checks I write to the school 3 times a year

Out of state tuition rates.  Yikes!!! I'm originally from Philly but love it here.  Great retirement area with lots to do because of the PSU presence.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #144 on: 24 Oct 2016, 06:56 pm »
Oh no, Clark

My upset was bigger than your upset :icon_lol:
I dunno, Emil.  Last I checked, Penn State still recruited football players.  SMU is doing well if it has a team of smurfs and hobbits. 

Mudslide

« Reply #145 on: 24 Oct 2016, 07:13 pm »
SMU & PSU ...

Congrats on the big upsets, guys.  These two schools have had their share of ... uh ... troubles.  Glad to see some goodness coming forward!

S Clark

« Reply #146 on: 24 Oct 2016, 08:03 pm »
Troubles?? It is still shocking, shocking I say, to think that SMU recruits, or any college recruits, were actually paid under the table.  :roll:

I can't remember.  Was it $180 000 that Cam Newton's dad wanted for him to play for Miss St.?  Of course, Cam was completely innocent  :lol: :rotflmao:

Mudslide

« Reply #147 on: 25 Oct 2016, 04:19 am »
Troubles?? It is still shocking, shocking I say, to think that SMU recruits, or any college recruits, were actually paid under the table.  :roll:

I can't remember.  Was it $180 000 that Cam Newton's dad wanted for him to play for Miss St.?  Of course, Cam was completely innocent  :lol: :rotflmao:

Newton!   :evil:  'Twas that devil that should have been expelled, and instead beat my Ducks in the NCG.  Hey, if pay-to-play worked, Phil Knight would make certain the Ducks never lost another recruit or game.  LOL.   :wink:

Emil

« Reply #148 on: 26 Oct 2016, 09:47 pm »

In PSU's case, they were sanctioned by the NCAA and eventually withdrawn but not after much damage to the schools reputation and football program. No charges were filed against Paterno and the three other PSU officials that were charged are still waiting for their day in court. In fact, charges against the three are being dropped one as time as time goes. My bet is that they will eventually be all dropped and then what? Sorry?

Sandusky is a monster and as most pedophiles a snake in the grass. He opened the Second Mile charity for boys so he can find the most vulnerable and groom them for his needs. Bastard.

Let's not forget the media which have lost all the journalistic integrity it once had. You are now guilt till proven innocent.

Remember the Duke Lacrosse Case?

charmerci

« Reply #149 on: 27 Oct 2016, 01:24 am »
Let's not forget the media which have lost all the journalistic integrity it once had. You are now guilt till proven innocent.

Like the good old days when alcoholic, women abusers like Babe Ruth and others got away with it.

I'm not sorry to say that it's getting better than it used to be.

Emil

« Reply #150 on: 27 Oct 2016, 12:16 pm »

Like the good old days when alcoholic, women abusers like Babe Ruth and others got away with it.

I'm not sorry to say that it's getting better than it used to be.

I would think the average Joe would also have gotten away with it the early 1900s as well. Not sure how the media changed that.

Babe with his babes.

Interesting article about The Bambinos sex life

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/12/babe-ruth-ladies-man/

S Clark

« Reply #151 on: 27 Oct 2016, 12:35 pm »
I don't share your disdain for the "media", and tend to think it is a positive influence in our world. This first thing every dictator does is to control information.
Guys like the Babe would not be as revered, as beating women is no longer acceptable to a more enlightened public.  Without the light of investigation, Pete Rose would be in the HOF. 
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2016, 02:39 pm by S Clark »

Emil

« Reply #152 on: 29 Oct 2016, 01:01 pm »
I don't share your disdain for the "media", and tend to think it is a positive influence in our world. This first thing every dictator does is to control information.
Guys like the Babe would not be as revered, and Pete Rose would be in the HOF.

I guess can put up with questionable sports coverage as long as they keep doing an outstanding job of providing balanced coverage on this presidential election.
Speaking of controlling information....

Emil

« Reply #153 on: 29 Oct 2016, 01:45 pm »
Michigan and Michigan State today!

Watch this perfect LEGO recreation of Michigan State's epic 2015 win at Michigan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weuJIuTRFaA

Some Michigan State fan had alot of free time

S Clark

« Reply #154 on: 29 Oct 2016, 02:32 pm »
I guess can put up with questionable sports coverage as long as they keep doing an outstanding job of providing balanced coverage on this presidential election.
Speaking of controlling information....
I suspect we don't agree on politics as well, but fortunately, we won't be discussing that here.  But I do share your disdain for the media, albeit limited to Faux News. 

Emil

« Reply #155 on: 29 Oct 2016, 03:15 pm »
I suspect we don't agree on politics as well, but fortunately, we won't be discussing that here.  But I do share your disdain for the media, albeit limited to Faux News.

Yes, Faux news. Cus everyone else gives it to you straight.

Agree, no politics. Can't wait till this election is over. Its crept into all aspects of  my life and I'm afraid I'm not alone. :cry:

Country has never been so divided

Go PSU and SMU!  :thumb:

S Clark

« Reply #156 on: 29 Oct 2016, 04:26 pm »
Go PSU! Go Ponies! 

S Clark

« Reply #157 on: 30 Oct 2016, 02:18 pm »
Hey Emil, Penn State looks like they have a damned good football team, and even my Ponies came back to take another victory. 
Go PSU, go SMU!!

Emil

« Reply #158 on: 30 Oct 2016, 03:20 pm »
Hey Emil, Penn State looks like they have a damned good football team, and even my Ponies came back to take another victory. 
Go PSU, go SMU!!

Hey Clark
Doncha love college football?
Looked up SMUs record and you guys haven't had a winning season since 2012. Man that's rough.
I understand your excitement with this season especially after last years 2-11 record.

The Nits finally ran up the score on somebody :lol: Next week against Iowa is huge and I'll be there again but this time with the wife :( :lol:

Mudslide
Feeling better? Whats your feelings on the the Ducks so far?

Mudslide

« Reply #159 on: 31 Oct 2016, 05:11 am »
Hey Mudslide
Feeling better? Whats your feelings on the the Ducks so far?

Yes, thanks, Emil.  I'm up and around and walking only with a slight limp.  No walker, no cane!  They tell me the lingering pain eventually goes away.  It's not too bad, all things considered.

The Ducks (great pics, emil)...are MUCH too young this year and have had a lot of injuries.  The coaches are on super-hot seats...but I don't think it's deserved...yet!  This year sucks duck eggs...but the recruiting to position needs is positive, so far.  Since I began fanboying Oregon in '92, this has been the ugliest year, but one with considerable hope...especially at qb.  A youthful, unhyped, true freshman is setting school records in his first three starts.  ...  Including Marcus Mariota's records.  (All freshmen O-line, too.)

And lastly, I have to opine a little on the election media coverage, too:
1.  May it come to a painful conclusion soon.   :(
2.  The media is biased BOTH WAYS...strongly so, with marriage and familial ties of media moguls and top political agents.   :duel:         (Follow the money.)