anyone into Rilo Kiley??

2bigears

anyone into Rilo Kiley??
« on: 20 Aug 2007, 10:37 pm »
 :D heard the new album is going to be killer!! "Under the black light"  :D

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
Re: anyone into Rilo Kiley??
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2007, 11:58 pm »
Yep i like Rilo Kiley plan on picking the album up on wensday along with the new Nina Nastasia & Jim White - You Follow Me also the Watson twins album Southern Manners is very good

yo2tup

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2007, 12:05 am »
Rilo Kiley is awesome....as is Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins and The Elected!

I heard some clips from the new album that comes out tomorrow, sounds a lot different from their previous albums.  Has a funk, disco sound to it.  I hope its good.

They're gonna be here in two weeks for a concert, I'll be there front center  :thumb:

MerRev

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2007, 12:08 am »
Can't wait to hear it after being mesmerized on Rabbit Fur Coat. 
Thanks for the tip on Nina Nastasia & Jim White.

2bigears

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2007, 12:15 am »
Rilo Kiley is awesome....as is Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins and The Elected!

I heard some clips from the new album that comes out tomorrow, sounds a lot different from their previous albums.  Has a funk, disco sound to it.  I hope its good.

They're gonna be here in two weeks for a concert, I'll be there front center  :thumb:
:D front row center,you lucky!!!!do they have a past cd,and is it ok?? never heard of these guys till today.the reviewers say the first 5 songs kill,and the rest is also very nice. :D

stereocilia

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2007, 12:27 am »

Sweet.  I have a coupon for Rilo Kiley's new album @ Newbury Comics (Boston area music store).  While I'm there I'm going to nab the new Galactic album, too.

JoshK

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2007, 04:24 pm »
Rilo Kiley's solo albs are ok, but I prefer JL & the Watson Twins. 

jrokke

« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2007, 04:45 pm »
I got the new album last night and to say I am disappointed is an understatement. I like their other albums, they are catchy but not over the top. The new album is way to poppy and overdone. I honestly don't think it will grow on me. They are playing here in a couple of weeks and thought about going but I am pretty sure I won't. Hope I am not being too harsh

Frihed91

« Reply #8 on: 23 Aug 2007, 05:49 pm »
If you think that one is bad, try the new Josh Ritter.  It is simply awful.  These two albums are tremendous let downs.  I have heard R-K and JR, each, live 3-4 times in the US and Denmark.

I hope they get back to their roots in their next albums.

By the way, the Watson Twins have an EP and it ain't bad, better than these two albums.

yo2tup

« Reply #9 on: 24 Aug 2007, 05:54 am »
I got the new album last night and to say I am disappointed is an understatement. I like their other albums, they are catchy but not over the top. The new album is way to poppy and overdone. I honestly don't think it will grow on me. They are playing here in a couple of weeks and thought about going but I am pretty sure I won't. Hope I am not being too harsh

i agree, way to over produced :duh: :duh: :duh:

stereocilia

« Reply #10 on: 28 Aug 2007, 04:52 pm »

The Rilo Kiley album is not my cup of tea either.