Waveform Fidelity (formerly Kaplan Cable) cable loom review in Enjoy the Music

Occam

I'm quite pleased with the review, by Wayne Donnelly, of a complete loom of my new cables -
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0114/waveform_fidelity_cables.htm

Conclusion
Ultimately, the best thing I can say about the Waveform Fidelity cables is that I just don’t think about them when I am listening to music. During these last weeks I have had to remind myself that I'm supposed to be evaluating them for review purposes. With all of the other improvements I have made to my system this year, these cables are a crowning touch. I will be writing about some of the other things that have contributed to the improvement, but I believe that the Waveform Fidelity cables have allowed all those other improvements to be realized fully. I have already revealed the punchline here, but to restate it, I give these superb cables my highest recommendation.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Congratulations, Paul!

I heard your first version (prototypes) of your interconnects at Toprounds NY Rave awhile back & they were truly amazing. I guess the "official" Waveform Fidelity version is really the "bees-knees"!

Good Luck with Waveform Fidelity!

Cheers,
Pete

smargo

I'm quite pleased with the review, by Wayne Donnelly, of a complete loom of my new cables -
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0114/waveform_fidelity_cables.htm

Prices:
GS III interconnects $1495 for 1 meter pair +$300 per added meter
GS III speaker cables $2495 for 8 foot pair + $200 per added foot
GS III power cords $1595 for 5 foot + $200 per added foot

why should i buy these speaker cables and interconnects - i need 2 meter interconnects - so $1795

and i need 10 foot cables - so $2895

so i should spend $4600 total - Really - they would have to change my stereo life completely

rpf

Congratulations Paul!

If these new cables are better than the GS IIs I have, they must be incredible indeed!

And for those who don't know, I have listened to a lot of cables over the years.

Occam

Pete,

I appreciate the kind words, especially coming from a fellow cable manufacturer. The KC GS mkII RCAs were the ones your heard at Mike's Rave. I was very happy with their performance and they've sold quite well. But the ongoing challenge, for me, has been maintaining that proper midrange density present in live music, while improving resolution and extension. Its taken 18 months of playing slap and tickle with the ICs and speaker cables, plus a hearty dose of regression analysis and other quantitative techniques (my old stomping grounds), and I finally have a products that IMO, justify the name Waveform Fidelity.

Rob - Many thanks for the positive (and perceptive 8)) post.

Regards,
Paul

Audioclyde

Paul,

Do you make a digital cable?

Thanks,

Randy

Occam

Randy,

Thanks for the inquiry, but no, I presently do not offer digital cables, as I can't offer anything that I feel is competitive with some of the better products available. I have made digital cables, both SPDIF and AES/EBU and they're quite good, but not great, so I see no point in offering them for sale.

Regards,
Paul

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Congrats, Paul! Sounds like you have put a lot of work into your cables, good luck with the new name  :thumb:

BobM

Great review Paul. Now get that website up and running so we can see some more pic's and learn about your methodology in making them (and what is different from the original Kaplans).

Occam

Dave and Bob,

Thanks for the encouragement. As to whats different, the connectors on the speaker cables, and RCA ICs are totally different. The XLR and power cord connectors are improved variants of what I've been using. These have provided substantial improvements, but what I'm most pleased with are the results of applying various quantitative techniques, within the context of subjective evaluation. The choice of connectors and attachment methodology turned out to be a gradient search exercise. And the 'strength' of certain implementation processes was optimized for each cable type by length via least squares regression. I've typically found the same cables of different lengths to sound slightly different. The regression technique has provided a method to yield consistent subjective sound regardless [within reason] of cable length.

Bob, I believe you heard the KC RCA ICs last year at Mike's rave. Subjectively, the Waveform Fidelity cables preserve that musical 'body' while increasing resolution and extension. Dynamics and imaging are also improved. In other words, the new Waveform Fidelity cables are simply 'mo betta.

Regards,
Paul

nature boy

Paul,

Best wishes for your new line of cables in 2014.  I love my Kaplan power cords. 

NB