Clueless in Seattle

Vasubandu

Clueless in Seattle
« on: 16 Feb 2018, 04:07 am »
Greetings everyone, my name is Matt Davis and I am from Seattle,  I am newly back to audio after a decade away and everything has changed.  I was a Paradigm guy before but was adopted by some Klipsch people and have nee headed down that direction. I finally have the kids' home theater system complete for now, but who knows how long that will last.  I ended up with a Klipsch RC-7 and fell in love. It still is my favorite speaker ever. SO I built the system around it more than seems possible.  My fronts are RF-5 but they have tweeters and crossovers from a couple of RC-7, so they have exactly the same components as my RC-7.  The surrounds are RS-7 and the back surrounds are the donor RC-7 with the RF-5 tweeters and crossovers.  All of it was made between 2000 and 2004.  Even my subwoofer was made in 2004. It is an SVS PB2 Plus with 2 12 inch drivers.  I have finally been talked out of old subwoofers, and I a building a subwoofer column 6 feet high and 3 feet in diameter to house 2 SI HS-24 Mk II drivers. 

I joined here because I came across a post by Ruben1 about an open baffle Klipsch CF-3 that he made, and it made me want to know more.  I look forward to hanging out here.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Clueless in Seattle
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2018, 04:11 am »
Greetings everyone, my name is Matt Davis and I am from Seattle,  I am newly back to audio after a decade away and everything has changed.  I was a Paradigm guy before but was adopted by some Klipsch people and have nee headed down that direction. I finally have the kids' home theater system complete for now, but who knows how long that will last.  I ended up with a Klipsch RC-7 and fell in love. It still is my favorite speaker ever. SO I built the system around it more than seems possible.  My fronts are RF-5 but they have tweeters and crossovers from a couple of RC-7, so they have exactly the same components as my RC-7.  The surrounds are RS-7 and the back surrounds are the donor RC-7 with the RF-5 tweeters and crossovers.  All of it was made between 2000 and 2004.  Even my subwoofer was made in 2004. It is an SVS PB2 Plus with 2 12 inch drivers.  I have finally been talked out of old subwoofers, and I a building a subwoofer column 6 feet high and 3 feet in diameter to house 2 SI HS-24 Mk II drivers. 

I joined here because I came across a post by Ruben1 about an open baffle Klipsch CF-3 that he made, and it made me want to know more.  I look forward to hanging out here.
Welcome aboard Matt :thumb:

neekomax

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2018, 04:36 am »
Hehehe... welcome to the rabbbit hole. :)

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2018, 05:27 am »
 Matt,

Welcome to AC! Lots of good stuff and great people here.

Michael

JakeJ

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2018, 01:01 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, Matt.

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2018, 03:09 pm »
Welcome!

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2018, 04:53 pm »
Welcome from another Seattleite!

Greg

MttBsh

« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2018, 06:11 pm »
And welcome from yet another Seattleite ...... also named Matt!

Matt

Emil

« Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2018, 03:09 pm »
I am newly back to audio after a decade away and everything has changed.