Another happy customer

moremoremore

Another happy customer
« on: 31 Jan 2018, 01:29 am »
Super Alnico HO monitor with ebony and Birdseye maple veneer.  Sounds great of course!

Thanks, Louis!

Meicheng

Re: Another happy customer
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2018, 06:22 am »
Beautiful!

Flyin_V

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2018, 06:57 am »
Very sharp

macdane

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2018, 01:21 pm »
Nice! Welcome to the club!

Doody

• Troublemaker
« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan 2018, 01:53 pm »
Ooooh - I like the two-tone! Nicely done, macdane & Louis!!!!!!

Enjoy the crap out of those, sir.

Doody

FireGuy

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2018, 01:58 pm »
Impressive.  The dissimilar veneers add a nice dimension with this classic design.   Enjoy for years to come.

nature boy

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2018, 02:23 pm »
 :thumb:

NB

peckjed

« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2018, 04:03 pm »
Gorgeous speakers and I love the contrasting veneers! What kind of stands are those?

roscoe65

« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2018, 06:50 pm »
Gorgeous speakers and I love the contrasting veneers! What kind of stands are those?

They look like these:  http://www.aandmcustomsteelspeakerstands.com/

I bought a set for a pair of Dynaco A25XL speakers.  Very high price/quality ratio.

Jorge

« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2018, 07:11 pm »
More pictures about the whole set up!

They look great! congratulations!!!!

Amplifier conected?

Enjoy them!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #10 on: 31 Jan 2018, 07:41 pm »
Beautiful speaker. Louis I need to come visit with my Audio Hungary A20i integrated [20W]. Field trip.

charles

peckjed

« Reply #11 on: 31 Jan 2018, 07:51 pm »
They look like these:  http://www.aandmcustomsteelspeakerstands.com/

I bought a set for a pair of Dynaco A25XL speakers.  Very high price/quality ratio.

I actually almost bought stands from them before I went with Skylan, when I spoke with them the builder was very sick/ in and out of the hospital. I hope everything is okay.

Louis O

« Reply #12 on: 31 Jan 2018, 11:33 pm »
Hi moremoremore,

Thanks for posting the pictures and they sure came out great. I should do more 2 tones and this combo is one of the best.

I like your stands a lot too, I have a set of large cabs that need a custom stand like that.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words,
Louis

macdane

« Reply #13 on: 1 Feb 2018, 01:00 am »
Ooooh - I like the two-tone! Nicely done, macdane & Louis!!!!!!

Enjoy the crap out of those, sir.

Doody

I'd love to hear them but those aren't mine ... my wife would skewer me if I brought another set of speakers home!

guillaume bougard

« Reply #14 on: 1 Feb 2018, 06:26 am »
can you play some Jamaican dub on it and crank it up to 11 and give us your impressions: how FAT is the sound coming out of them and how do they handle the heavy bass???

moremoremore

« Reply #15 on: 14 Feb 2018, 05:19 pm »
Sorry I haven't updated the photos (they're damn drab and ugly compared to how the speakers look in real life) or said much about the system and sound.  I've had the flu bad until recently.

In a word, they sound EXCELLENT.  Yes, those are the A&M Fabrication stands out of Alabama; I'm also very pleased with them, nice and heavy (sealed, sand-filled) with beautiful welds and powder-coated.  The builder is Anthony, but I'm not sure if he had been sick.  He's certainly okay now!  I happened to have bought a pair of stands for my Large Advents from him five years ago and was happy how that went.  But these new ones are even better finished--perfect welds.  Cost was $210 for the pair and another $30 or so for shipping to Texas, so obviously NOT BAD, not bad at all.  No affiliation, just pleased.  Not crazy about the flash-riddled website, but it's worth the pain.  http://www.aandmcustomsteelspeakerstands.com

Currently using a First Watt F6 with a wonderful LTA ZOTL2 as a preamp.  I'm currently fishing for a SET/SEP amp for the warmer months since the FW amp is a hot beast.

Bass is deep, but I use a subwoofer, so I can't really say they're extraordinary in the bass department.  I listened to some jazz on the turntable a few days ago and I was startled by the quality of the bass, so there's that.

I can't help but run my hand over the top in order to feel the ebony.  Yes: happy customer.