A/C and D/C power run on the same wire at the same time.

mikeeastman

I just spoke with a guy that claims  a company has developed a way  to run A/C and D/C power  on the same wire at the same time.   :scratch:  I have PDF of their brochure  and I will PM or E-mail a copy to anyone interested. Anyone ever heard of this?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: A/C and D/C power run on the same wire at the same time.
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2018, 10:09 pm »
Can you convert it to JPG and post it? 

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2018, 10:18 pm »
I just spoke with a guy that claims  a company has developed a way  to run A/C and D/C power  on the same wire at the same time.   :scratch:  I have PDF of their brochure  and I will PM or E-mail a copy to anyone interested. Anyone ever heard of this?
Seems a joke from Edison, April fool is near, not a reliable patent from Tesla. DC tension is hot useful to any home equip or appliance I can remember.

I doubt there is any military equip that can use direct DC voltage from the Power Plant. How much is the DC tension available?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2018, 10:36 pm »
Your question leaves me THUNDERSTRUCK!

mikeeastman

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2018, 11:05 pm »
Here is a JPG of parts of the brochure, I left out the stuff was stickily salesman BS. Some tech guy i going to call to give me a technical explanation, we'll see.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2018, 12:09 am »
24V DC, certainly I wont want my electric system poluted w/DC power due expensive audio equip in home.

Folsom

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2018, 01:17 am »
Possible? Surely. But I think his efficiency ideas might be a bit out there...

And I am not sure exactly how it works. Why are the lightbulbs on 24vdc and 120vac? I would need more info. Plus DC makes transformers buzz.... would like to know how they handle that.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2018, 01:35 am »
It happens a lot in your hi-fi equipment. In a tube amp, the wires from the output tubes plates to the output transformer have both AC current and DC current.

But for delivering raw power, why it's a expensive solution looking for a problem.

Folsom

« Reply #8 on: 31 Jan 2018, 03:33 am »
But for delivering raw power, why it's a expensive solution looking for a problem.

Prrtty much. If the efficiency numbers were real, then it would make sense, but I cant find that kind of discrpeancy unless you run a bunch of 1960's industrial ewuipment in your home...

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #9 on: 31 Jan 2018, 03:40 am »
Yes, it certainly can be done. But why do it? :scratch:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 31 Jan 2018, 04:43 am »
It happens a lot in your hi-fi equipment. In a tube amp, the wires from the output tubes plates to the output transformer have both AC current and DC current.
On transistors amps it depend on the output circuit.

EDITED
« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2018, 06:34 pm by FullRangeMan »

genjamon

« Reply #11 on: 31 Jan 2018, 05:37 pm »
Okay....  So, DC-DC is more efficient than AC-DC.  Don't think anyone would argue with that.  And he's advocating DC 24V lighting.  Great - more efficient - agreed.  But in all the off-grid DC systems I know about, you have to either buy all new appliances that run on DC, or have expensive inverters to run standard appliances that run on AC, or a combination.  Totally agree it would be nice to get away from that dilemma. 

But I'm confused - how would all our normal appliances work on this system?  As some have already mentioned - DC running on our AC lines isn't very good for transformers in all our appliances...

Folsom

« Reply #12 on: 31 Jan 2018, 10:03 pm »
DC to DC is about the same as AC to DC if you're using SMPS.

Systems that are DC to AC to DC are wasting something appreciable. But having a bunch of SMPS to scale the voltage around for all the varied devices brings its own woes, in order to skip the AC.

DC devices are not likely to all be the same voltage, but if they were it would make it all simple.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 31 Jan 2018, 10:29 pm »
Seems this system not simple, it would be more useful a system to collect scalar energy.