LS 100 - Location of IR port on front of unit?

SoCalWJS

LS 100 - Location of IR port on front of unit?
« on: 9 Sep 2012, 06:20 pm »
I'm moving things around, and I will be ending up with part of the LS 100 front panel being obscurred from the primary listening position. I have some flexibility and can make it so that either the left or right side would be blocked worse. I looked for the IR port on the front, but there was nothing obvious. There is no mention in the manual.

Anybody know where it is?  :scratch:

Scottdazzle

Re: LS 100 - Location of IR port on front of unit?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2012, 07:49 pm »
It''s on the back panel.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2012, 09:02 pm »
I see two remote trigger outputs on the back panel.  If the remote is IR (and not RF), wouldn't the IR receiver have to be on the front panel, likely behind the backlit MW logo?

Steve

SoCalWJS

« Reply #3 on: 9 Sep 2012, 09:09 pm »
..................well that would explain why I can't find it on the front panel. Seems like it might work if it is designed so that it works based on reflections off the wall behind it - provided that there is a reflective surface behind it.

So far, I've had no problems getting the remote to work, regardless of which portion of the front panel is blocked. Guess it could be designed that way.  :dunno:

04dgmsilv

« Reply #4 on: 9 Sep 2012, 09:58 pm »
I'm pretty sure it is behind the MW logo on the front.  I never had a problem except for trying to get the remote when at a significant angle from the front of the unit.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #5 on: 9 Sep 2012, 10:22 pm »
It''s on the back panel.

:)  Gang, he means the IR receptor for the remote, not the miniplug IR port.  He's worried that his remote control IR signal will be blocked by his cabinet; he's not looking to add an extender.   Almost everyone here is telling him where the IR port is (cuz those are the words he used) but he is clearly worried about the IR receiver eye, whcih is of course on the front panel (i.e he's worried now that it would have to bounce off the back wall!  :)  Nope, not designed that way).

srb

« Reply #6 on: 9 Sep 2012, 10:26 pm »
Everyone here is telling him where the IR port is (cuz those are the words he used) but he is clearly worried about the IR receiver eye, whcih is of course on the front panel

Not me, I referred to it as an IR "receiver".  The jacks on the back panel I believe are 12V trigger outputs to turn on and off other trigger-equipped components anyway, not for IR repeater/extenders.

Steve

SoCalWJS

« Reply #7 on: 9 Sep 2012, 11:23 pm »
:)  Gang, he means the IR receptor for the remote, not the miniplug IR port.  He's worried that his remote control IR signal will be blocked by his cabinet; he's not looking to add an extender.   Almost everyone here is telling him where the IR port is (cuz those are the words he used) but he is clearly worried about the IR receiver eye, whcih is of course on the front panel (i.e he's worried now that it would have to bounce off the back wall!  :)  Nope, not designed that way).
You are right - wasn't even thinking about the possibility of a plug in recepticle for extension or other room capabilities - should have explained it better.

So, behind the logo? That would makes sense - an opening in the case where you could put the sensor.

In this case, not worried about a cabinet door. I managed to pick up some used Sound Anchor amp stands yesterday. Forgot that if I raised the amps up any higher than where they were, the left amp would be directly in line with the LS-100  :duh:

mraudio

« Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2012, 05:05 pm »
It's behind the big MW logo on the front panel.  I had to ask Dan because I was getting a very narrow angle from my remote.  He readjusted it a little for me.  He did say it had a narrower window than the SWL9.0SE that I had before, (in the same location).