GAS Audio Jumble is Saturday, August 9th

daves

GAS Audio Jumble is Saturday, August 9th
« on: 29 Mar 2014, 11:23 pm »
I pulled some strings, and we have a confirmed date for our first Audio Jumble on August 9th at St. Matthias the Apostle school gym. We will have standard foldout leg cafeteria tables and two chairs along with available electric power for each table. This is an excellent opportunity to pare down your fleet of speakers, receivers, turntables, and accesseries to something more manageble.

St Matthias is at 796 Buckley Road, Mehlville MO, 63125. It has a huge parking lot, and is well situated just north of MO255, east of Lemay Ferry, south of Reavis Barracks, and west of Telegraph. It is very convenient to get to in south county, and very easy to access from Illinois and all parts of the county, excepting north county(ie the other end of the world. :P)
 https://www.google.com/maps/place/796+Buckley+Rd/@38.5111532,-90.3014833,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x87d8c83b48c99327:0x5a7662577ff42602

The charge is being determined for each vendor table, and I'll pass that along soonest.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: GAS Audio Jumble is Saturday, August 9th
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2014, 09:09 pm »
How 'bout a mass email to the group Dave?
This looks worthy. I'd be happy, just lemme know.  :thumb:

Bob

daves

« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2014, 11:25 pm »
Bob, maybe one now, one a month before the sale, and the final a week before....or something along that line.

Hosting things at our house was a little problematic, as my wife did not want any non-GAS stranger tramping through the house, which is quite understandable. This route allows us to advertise on CL and beat the bushes to get hundreds of strangers to show up. I'm hoping Bryan and a couple other vendors that haunt the Record Convention might also attend and rent a booth with their music...it's good to cross pollinate. :lol:

I know I need to lose one or two dozen pieces of gear and about five to ten sets of speakers. I think I might just create an ad sheet for the stuff that is way too heavy to drag both ways.

Everything is inside, so the weather won't affect us outside of the traipse into the gym. 8)

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2014, 11:32 pm »
Sounds good Dave, I'll shoot an email to everybody on the GAS list in just a moment.
(and as always...if you didn't get the email, then I don't have your email).

As far as getting rid of equipment, I've got a large truck and can haul as much away as you'd like.  :wink:
But seriously, I wouldn't mind dabbling in some vintage receiver type stuff, so I'd be interested.

Bob

daves

« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2014, 06:44 pm »
After talking with justin, a table with power will be $20.

michaelhigh

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2014, 07:01 pm »
Hey Dave...

Are we still doing this?

Might need to lighten my load a little.  :green:

daves

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2014, 08:35 pm »
Yea, and I have talked the powers that be into a table fee of $20. Zoot suits!
« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2014, 03:23 pm by daves »

padam

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jul 2014, 05:02 am »
I would like to attend the Jumble again this year.  How do I reserve a spot and what are the hours?

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jul 2014, 12:46 am »
Welcome Padam!
Tell us a bit about yourself (this is not a requirement to be in the Jumble, just an attempt at helping us to know you).  :thumb:

Bob

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #9 on: 28 Jul 2014, 12:52 am »
I'm in!  Not too much to dispose of, but I'm sure I'll find something.   :thumb:

drummerwill

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jul 2014, 05:38 am »

Great Idea Dave. I've got several DIY pieces that could seek a new home !

Willie

Scott F.

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jul 2014, 03:03 pm »
Hey Dave,

I see you are providing tables and power but should I bring an extension cord to reach the outlets?
I assume it will be OK to bring a cooler with (non-alcoholic) drinks.
I'm seriously thinking about bringing down a bunch of vintage stuff (lots of raw drivers) and passing it on to some one that will actually do something with it. I may have a few newer pieces too.

Have you thought about advertising this on Craigslist? Might get a better turnout.

daves

« Reply #12 on: 28 Jul 2014, 03:06 pm »
Coolers with drinks and lunch are fine, I'll know everything after tonight's meeting.

daves

« Reply #13 on: 28 Jul 2014, 03:32 pm »
I have initial reservations for ten tables, with an option for more.
Yea, we are now at FOURTEEN tables!
Steve A
Mike Yaffe,
Scott Faller x2
Paul
Matt
Kent J
Dave S
Bob Rolla
Mark Blackmore
Chris Williams
Marv Cruz
Willie R
Brian Sturma
          Are down for tables

A reminder that the table is $20 and I have paid for everyone, so please catch me with a payment sometime during your stay.

NOTE 1....if it rains, we will be sharing the gym with six tailgater tables from the flea market held outside. Keep your gear tightly managed, so nothing inadvertently gets "misplaced" if you store behind your table. In crazy situations, I have had success keeping tabs on stuff behind the table by covering all with a sheet and tying a string around the corners, and also keeping smalls boxed.

If the weather is good, we will be kings of our domain. If the weather is bad, we will be under the gun, as the tailgate flea market starts three hours before us, and they are higher on the parish pecking order. We will need to be nice and be good gentlefolk.

NOTE 2... I will be there at 8:30 to start the setup. The front entrance to the gym has glass doors that are unlocked, so people can access the restrooms and snack machines. This foyer leads directly to the gym doors, which I have have blocked off. We will use the double gray service doors immediately to the right(north) of the main entrance, and we will not allow any stereo hounds to sneak in like Gollum before 10 am. This will be a challenge, but we all can help each other once cars start to arrive.
« Last Edit: 9 Aug 2014, 12:09 am by daves »

daves

« Reply #14 on: 28 Jul 2014, 03:36 pm »
We can blanket carpet bomb craigslist and the audio forums in a couple days.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #15 on: 28 Jul 2014, 03:51 pm »
Yeah!  We can be like traveling gold and coin buyers!  Bring your Marantz and Mac tube shit!  We'll buy it!

Oh, the idea is to get rid of stuff.  My bad!   :oops: :duh:

daves

« Reply #16 on: 29 Jul 2014, 01:25 am »
It is definite...
$20 for an eight foot table, I have reserved and prepaid for ten tables. More can be available with advance notice.
Saturday the 9th of August from 10 am to 2 pm
at St. Matthias the Apostle church gym three blocks from our house in south county
tables will be set up the night before, with access at 9am on the 9th. I can get setups before then, but cannot ensure security for unattended gear overnight

If you can, let me know some of the stuff you will have for sale, so we can use the info to attract a very large crowd.
Dave
« Last Edit: 2 Aug 2014, 12:28 am by daves »

kentj1948

« Reply #17 on: 30 Jul 2014, 04:55 pm »
I am putting together an ad for CL for the jumble.  If you are planning on selling there, send me a list of your choicer items.  I will put them in the ad.  Thanks, Kent

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #18 on: 30 Jul 2014, 05:27 pm »
Partial list sent   :thumb:

Scott F.

« Reply #19 on: 31 Jul 2014, 01:21 am »
Sent mine too.

Got quite a list of gear I'm liquidating. Lots and lots 'o stuff. Some high end, some vintage. Come on down to the Jumble and help me clear off my shelves  :thumb: