Cherry monoblocks

watercourse

Re: Cherry monoblocks
« Reply #20 on: 12 Nov 2010, 05:36 am »
You've been busy I see - nice work! I second the satin/titanium, but I love the new red faceplate too. Me, I'm thinking I might try a walnut faceplate to match my speakers.

MIKED

« Reply #21 on: 15 Nov 2010, 06:13 pm »
Well, my Legacy Whisper XD's arrived last week and I've been listening to them with my Cherry Mono's (the pictured ones are mine).
In terms of speakers, I think I finally reached speaker utopia (best speakers I ever heard, and I heard many).
The amps perform beautifully. Dynamics, extension, life-like clarity are three attributes that come to mind when trying to find areas the amps excel in (whether you like Von Karajan or Led Zeppelin, they perform). I couldn't be happier.
By the way, for those of you who think the Whispers lack a powerfull bass, listen to the XD's.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #22 on: 18 Nov 2010, 06:35 am »
Well, my Legacy Whisper XD's arrived last week and I've been listening to them with my Cherry Mono's (the pictured ones are mine).
In terms of speakers, I think I finally reached speaker utopia (best speakers I ever heard, and I heard many).
The amps perform beautifully. Dynamics, extension, life-like clarity are three attributes that come to mind when trying to find areas the amps excel in (whether you like Von Karajan or Led Zeppelin, they perform). I couldn't be happier.
By the way, for those of you who think the Whispers lack a powerfull bass, listen to the XD's.

Mike,

Thanks for the feedback.  Do you have another amp to compare against?  I wonder if the Cherry is helping with the bass since many of our customers have said that the bass really comes out with the Cherry.  Glad you're enjoying your monoblocks!   Thanks again.

-Tommy

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #23 on: 18 Nov 2010, 06:56 am »
MIKED...

From Magnepan 20.1 to Legacy Whisper XD's....sure is a difference... 8)

Enjoy the Cherries... :thumb:

MIKED

« Reply #24 on: 18 Nov 2010, 06:18 pm »
In response. I did hook up my AVA 550 power amp. While the AVA is a really great amp, I felt that it didn't quite match the dynamics of the Cherries. The Cherries just sounded more alive (if that makes sense).
In terms of the bass, I don't really know what the Cherries are capable of. The XD's come with a PAIR of 500 watt ice amps in EACH speaker (probably why the bass is so strong), so the Cherries only power the speakers from 300 hz and up (but do so beautifully and with supreme control).

mfsoa

« Reply #25 on: 18 Nov 2010, 06:52 pm »
Yes, the Cherry amps have a vitality to them (more alive as you say) that is just intoxicating.

-Mike

Donald

« Reply #26 on: 23 Nov 2010, 04:02 pm »
My Whisper XD's are due to arrive next week.  :D Early Christmas present from my wife. :roll: Just haven't told her yet. :icon_lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #27 on: 23 Nov 2010, 04:25 pm »
My Whisper XD's are due to arrive next week.  :D Early Christmas present from my wife. :roll: Just haven't told her yet. :icon_lol:

Do you have the Cherry Monoblocks's to power these monsters? The extra power would surely come in handy with these 20K babies.  :thumb:  Don't let the NY AUDIO RAVE guys find out about these or they'll be wanting you to hold a RAVE gathering which Tommy always attends with his latest Cherry design.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

Donald

« Reply #28 on: 23 Nov 2010, 04:29 pm »
Going in my HTR. Using a Sunfire 400 X 7. Should make these puppies dance, to say the least. :icon_lol: