Floor stander with mids and highs that sound like a Sapphire XL

ajayrav

Hello folks,

I love my Sapphire XLs but am jonesing for a small footprint floor-stander.  What sounds like and images like a pair of Sapphire XLs, but offers added bass depth?  I already listen to my XLs paired with a REL sub, but am looking for a non-subwoofer solution...

Thanks,
Ajay

crazytasty

Try a Fritz Rev 7 if you can find one... they are discontinued but they have a 7 inch Scanspeak Revelator driver and similar tweeters to those in the XL. I have both the Sapphire XLs and the Rev 7s and they are both extraordinary speakers! It is a standmount speaker but is definitely full-range... no need for a sub.

Kishore

Call Rick from Selah..

Regards,
Kishore

Carl V

Call Rick from Selah..

Regards,
Kishore

+1
Look at a TRT  2 1/2way amongst others.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Fritz Rev 7s are still available. Go to the bottom of his home page. Click on 'Custom Finishes'. Scroll down to the bottom where you will see 'Legacy Models'. You'll find the Rev 7 there. I suspect it wouldn't be priced if it weren't available.

I just purchased his LS/5-R monitors. These will fit my needs in my new digs wonderfully. There isn't enough room (nor WAF) in my flat for the 7 inch models.

I expect my new speakers to arrive this Friday. I will be in music heaven.  :thumb:

walkern

The Odyssey Lorelei speakers use very similar drivers as the XLs, and are probably voiced very much the same.  If you have no luck with the Fritz speakers... give them a listen.

Neil

skifasterslc

I had the Sapphire III for a few years, they were very sweet, enjoyed them a lot!

srb

While the ScanSpeak 8545 paper/carbon fibre woofer digs a little deeper, I think the Scanspeak Revelator paper slit-cone will give you more of the great mids you have come to appreciate in your Sapphire XLs.

The Zaph ZRT combines the 7" Revelator with the sweet ScanSpeak AirCirc 6600 dome, and when combined with Lee Taylor cabinets (or other custom cabinets?) would be in the ~ $2K range.  You can step it up another notch with the Zaph ZRT 2.5 which adds a second 7" Revelator in a 2.5-way configuration and would be in the ~ $2.5K range.

Steve