New Improved Audio by Van Alstine web site www.avahifi.com

avahifi

Same name, avahifi.com but all new design.

www.avahifi.com

Please check us out.

Error checking and reported appreciated.

Frank

gab

Re: New Improved Audio by Van Alstine web site www.avahifi.com
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2018, 05:11 pm »
deleted

Factorz

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2018, 05:20 pm »
Looks great.

lakeallen

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2018, 05:21 pm »
Site looks great. I've been debating a 400R for a while as my "summer" amp (less heat than my Music Reference tube unit I assume) so focused on the 400R drop down menus. One question I have is can it be purchased with XLR inputs only, rather that either RCA or switchable XLR/RCA. If so a third choice could be XLR input only. Again, really like the site and think the online purchase options will be a hit.

Doublej

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jan 2018, 05:33 pm »
I would make the sort by boxes bigger so that the text is not cut off as much.

richidoo

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jan 2018, 05:51 pm »
The new site looks great!
I will miss the old one, good bye old friend... :)

The new Fet Valve CFR preamp is not on there yet?

Lefty052347

• AVA Associate
« Reply #6 on: 8 Jan 2018, 05:59 pm »
Now called Fet Valve SLR.

Regards,
Dean

avahifi

« Reply #7 on: 8 Jan 2018, 07:14 pm »
Some indecision regarding new preamp name here.

It is supposed to be Fet Valve CFR  (Cathode Follower Remote)

Now fixed at new web site.

It is an astonishing performer.

Frank

rlee8394

« Reply #8 on: 8 Jan 2018, 10:38 pm »
On initial look, the only issue I have is all of the whitespace to the left of the page when an items is chosen. All of the text is shoved to a small frame under the "Quantity/Price" section. I would put all of the text in the width of the page instead of the frame. Cut the frame short under the bold description and follow with the rest of the description across the page. Using the Vision Q Phono Preamplifier page for my comments. Haven't looked at the rest of the pages yet.
Ron

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jan 2018, 05:54 am »
Have you considered including: the audio signal output frequency range (20 to 20 kHz at 8 ohms), standard minimum speaker load specs (2 ohms or 4 ohms?), distortion (max. ?% THD), the input tube type, the number of double-die lateral mos-fet output transformers, for the DVA 850 in the Audio Circuits section of the web page? The Absolute Sound review states the input tubes are 12AT7.

https://avahifi.com/collections/hybrid-power-amplifiers/products/dva-850-mono-block-amplifier

The FET Valve amplifier web pages continue to state that they represent "our highest expression of hybrid design" which may conflict with "Our very best amp, the high power mono block DVA 850." Some revision of the text may help to clarify these statements.

The Synergy 450 amplifier web page states:  "The Synergy 450 is our most powerful solid state amplifier" which may conflict with those of the DVA 4/2 and DVA 700 amplifiers.

You may want to revise the text on the AVA Upgrades web page, since many of the old products can no longer be upgraded to the latest designs, to not give an incorrect impression. For example, the text could refer to the below four available preamp and power amp upgrades, since older DACs can't be upgraded.

mav52

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jan 2018, 02:16 pm »
On initial look, the only issue I have is all of the whitespace to the left of the page when an items is chosen. All of the text is shoved to a small frame under the "Quantity/Price" section. I would put all of the text in the width of the page instead of the frame. Cut the frame short under the bold description and follow with the rest of the description across the page. Using the Vision Q Phono Preamplifier page for my comments. Haven't looked at the rest of the pages yet.
Ron
Agree I was wondering the same thing, the width of the frame would be more pleasant from a readers standpoint.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #11 on: 15 Jan 2018, 02:36 pm »
Would prefer just seeing front, rear, and inside images and making them larger (without width taken up with smaller ones to choose from).

Would like rear images of all products (DAC, ultravalve amp, synergy 200 amp).

Would like to see images of all products in silver and black faces, as available.

Would like to have full specifications listed (not just described which can confuse).

Would like to know if XLR output option amps are balanced designs.

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #12 on: 19 Jan 2018, 03:18 am »
I'm quite certain that the formatting of the newest website was implemented to conform with mobile device screen limitations. The text follows below the images in either a portrait or landscape orientation.

Ron