Fully Upgraded Technics SP25 w/ Magnepan Unitrac Arm

jwr159

Asking $1250 for the table and arm + actually shipping costs.

This table and arm belonged to Jim Howard of Applied Fidelity. I purchased both from Jim and commissioned him to complete this project. All the work you see in the photos and described below (except for making the plinth) was completed by Jim.  Those familiar with Jim know that he is a perfectionist and he does beautiful  work.     

The table and arm include:   

1. A beautiful 4-layer Baltic birch plinth. The plinth comes with a removable arm board that has been drilled for the Unitrac, which is a 9 inch arm. If you chose, the arm board can be rotated and re-drilled for a 8 or 12 inch arm, or the arm board can be replaced.   

2. MCRU Linear Power Supply - A two-stage design, with an external main stage you plug into your wall outlet to remove noise and a separate second stage, internal to the table, for supplying power and current close to the motor of the table. (Retail cost, around $500) http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/power-supplies/380-technics-sl1200-1210-linear-power-supply.html   

3. Sapphire bearing by Jim Howard of Applied Fidelity (Retail cost $375)   

4. Applied Fidelity’s black Heavy Delrin mat. With this mat, the combined rotating mass is approximately doubled vs the stock platter. (Retail cost $279)   

5. Applied Fidelity custom made footers (Retail cost $250) 

6. Applied Fidelity clamp (Retail cost $199)   

7. KAB strobe disabler (Retail cost $49)   

8. The Magnepan Unitrac, which also has recently been rewired by Jim Howard, is an outstanding, carbon fiber, unipivot arm.     
For more info on the Applied Fidelity bearing, platter and clamp, see http://www.audioasylum.com/members/wall/messages/30.html   

The SP25 is an excellent table to begin with. The increased platter weight, improved bearing, and better power supply dramatically improve performance, elevating this table into another league.

Stock Technics Sl1200/1210 tables in nice used condition routinely sell for $500-600. Considering the plinth, tone arm and all the upgrades, not to mention the time to complete a project like this, I believe the table is attractively priced.     

I would be willing to sell the table or arm separately. Please make a reasonable offer. 

I am selling because I do not use the table and much prefer the convenience of digital.

« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2014, 01:04 am by jwr159 »

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
Re: Fully Upgraded Technics SP25 w/ Magnepan Unitrac Arm
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2014, 12:45 am »
" I believe the table is attractively priced."

You listed the retail prices of the components,,,, perhaps you could give us that attractive price...........     

jwr159

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2014, 01:05 am »
Bob - thanks for pointing out I neglected to include the selling price. The post has now been updated.

krikor

• Initiative comes to those who wait.
    • AudioSnoop.com
« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2014, 04:54 pm »
Location?

jwr159

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2014, 04:59 pm »
I am located in the SF Bay area. I have no objection to shipping. The table is securely boxed and ready to go.