Free daily (i.e every day a new one!!) DSD stereo and multichannel track to DL

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
I am so proud to be part of NativeDSD.com (volunteer position but I love it), and even more proud to be able to combine that with this wonderful HiRez Circle and announce:

NativeDSD.com is providing everyone a free daily DSD (64FS) stereo AND multichannel track from our growing catalog.  Did I mention they were free?  :)  And a new one every day?  :)

https://justlisten.nativedsd.com/

Keep in mind that Native is located in the Netherlands, so midnight is 6pm Eastern time.  That is when a new track appears and yesterday's disappears.  Go for it!

JohnR

itc_spy

This is really wonderful! Thanks so much!  :D

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Thanks Ted.

I went to register and got back the message that my email was already taken.  Guess I forgot that I had registered in the past.  :lol:

I am sure that many of us appreciate your sharing and caring in regards to everything that is HiRez/DSD.  :thumb:

Regards,

Randy

tonyptony

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com

firedog

Listening to the Brahms Sonata for piano and cello that was available a day or two ago.

What I like about these recordings is that they sound like you are in the audience listening to the performance, and not like you are on stage or inside the piano.

Very good natural sound.

PeteG

Thanks Ted, awesome.

audio.bill

I haven't seen anyone mention that they also have a sampler album available for free download titled "Just Listen 1". There are some excellent tracks there, and many are offered in your choice of DSD resolutions and some even in DXD.  :thumb:

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
I haven't seen anyone mention that they also have a sampler album available for free download titled "Just Listen 1". There are some excellent tracks there, and many are offered in your choice of DSD resolutions and some even in DXD.  :thumb:

Yes, I posted a thread about it (and made it a sticky) almost two months ago. 

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=126475.0

Enjoy.

audio.bill

Sorry that I missed that thread. Thanks very much, Ted!

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
I just got the last several tracks loaded onto my Sony HAP-Z1ES and they are great! Thanks for sharing!

Definitely a good way to get traffic to justlisten, I will be visiting every day.  :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Hello.

I may still be a bit confused about DSD. Correct me if I am wrong: If I lack a DSD player, I can still play DSD, but it will play as Redbook CD quality. [Yes? No?]

My main system is my Mac Mini =>DacMagic Plus DAC => Amplifier => speakers. I also have an Oppo103 that is not currently connected. Will this allow me to hear DSD quality?

TIA

Michael

srb

It will depend on your player's downsampling features, but JRiver allows me to downsample DSD files to PCM to match the capability of my DAC.  I have a 24/96 DAC, so my sample rate settings are:

Input                 Output
352,800 Hz        96,000 Hz
384,000 Hz        96,000 Hz
> 384,000 Hz     96,000 Hz

Therefore, my DAC receives 24/96 PCM files.  Because your DAC has up to 24/192 capability, depending on your software player you may be able to convert the DSD files to 24/176.4 or 24/192 PCM, which would be higher resolution than standard Redbook 16/44.1.

My DAC doesn't do 88.2 KHz, otherwise I would have chosen that as the downsampled output for an exact multiple with DSD @ 352.8 KHz or DSD X 2 @ 705.6 KHz files.  In my case although there is some interpolation fudging, I still perceive these files to be better sounding than my Redbook library, although to be fair I do not have the same songs also in 16/44.1 for direct comparison.

Steve

mresseguie

"It will depend on your player's downsampling features,".... "my DAC receives 24/96 PCM files.  Because your DAC has up to 24/192 capability, depending on your software player you may be able to convert the DSD files to 24/176.4 or 24/192 PCM, which would be higher resolution than standard Redbook 16/44.1."

Steve,

Thank you. I do believe this is the first time I've seen reference to downsampling.  :) My DAC is capable of 88.2 khz. I will try emailing Cambridge Audio support to see what they have to say about this.

I've had my Mini for fewer than 2 months, so I'm just using iTunes at the moment, but previously, I had decided that Audivirna is what I want to upgrade to.

Thanks again!

Michael

srb

iTunes playback engine doesn't support playback of DSD either natively or by conversion to PCM, but Audirvana does.  Here is a topic at Computer Audiophile, Audirvana Conversion of DSD to PCM that ted_b has contributed to.

The DacMagic Plus can accept an 88.2 KHz sampling rate over all inputs and can also accept a 176.4 KHz sampling rate, but only on Digital Inputs 1 & 2 (Coax or Toslink Optical), not over the USB input.  (Also note that when it does receive 176.4 KHz over Digital Inputs 1 & 2 there is no actual 176.4 KHz indicator light.)

Steve
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2014, 12:58 am by srb »

mresseguie

Steve,

Thank you once again. I will read up on that thread in CA.

Wouldn't you know it? The Mini to DAC connection is USB. The PC that the Mini replaced used to connect via Toslink Optical. I'm loathe to return to my PC as it sounds quite like a freight train chugging up an incline. I'd bought it primarily as a gaming machine, so it's not exactly a subtle machine. Hmm. I wonder if it would quiet down if I replaced the 2 double height graphics cards with an older single height card. It may hurt... :bawl:

Michael