Need some input...

jrebman

Need some input...
« on: 16 Feb 2017, 03:45 pm »
Hi Folks,

When I get to putting the finishing touches on my main system, therre are 3 possible iFi pieces that I'm considering and would like some input from folks who have used these -- either alone or in combination.

The system is pretty simple: Auralic Aries Mini with on-board Samsung 1tb SSD / Shunyata Venom USB cable / Metrum Musette DAC / Finale Audio SE EL-84 amp. / Orcas and Baby Benthics.

The pieces are:

1) The iPurifier2

2) the Micro USB2 (?)

3) and the iTube 2.

I probably won't be getting any of these soon, and when I do, it will be one piece at a time. If a single piece would suffice, that would be good, but whatever it takes to maximize the sound.

Any help and advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Need some input...
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2017, 04:23 pm »
IMO the iTube followed by the iUSB

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2017, 04:34 pm »
I'm with Tyson; the iTube (original) was a killer product and apparently the new one is a magnitude better.  Money well spent I think.

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2017, 09:27 pm »
I spoke with Jim a bit about this via email, but I think this info might be useful for all:

In the case of what you are trying to do the iPurifier and the Micro iUSB3.0 they are of the same family of USB reclock/regen/rebalance and would be redundant when used together. If all you want to do is go from the Metrum then the iPurifier2 will do the trick, but if you want sort out the USB from the SSD as well as the metrum then the iUSB3.0 is a no brainer. The iTube2 in combination of the iUSB3.0 is a great one two punch combo imo.

Pez

« Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2017, 09:31 pm »
Here's a nice little illustration on some of the possibilities with iUSB3.0.  :thumb:

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/iusb3-0-2/