Klipsch RF-82 II $199 w/ Free Ship at Frys

smata67

Klipsch RF-82 II $199 w/ Free Ship at Frys
« on: 26 Jan 2017, 01:44 am »
These are second only to the flagship RF-7 speaker, tremendous value, normally sell for about $359 each.  You will need a promo code to get the price (sign up at Frys and you will get it via email).  It is now 8:43pm EST and I was able to order a set, jump on this deal, it probably will not last through the night, the deal is that hot.

The RC-62 II center is also available for a ridiculous $134, but those are not shipping anymore (but could again at any time), would need to find local stock at a Frys.

OzarkTom

Re: Klipsch RF-82 II $199 w/ Free Ship at Frys
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2017, 04:36 am »
These are second only to the flagship RF-7 speaker, tremendous value, normally sell for about $359 each.  You will need a promo code to get the price (sign up at Frys and you will get it via email).  It is now 8:43pm EST and I was able to order a set, jump on this deal, it probably will not last through the night, the deal is that hot.

The RC-62 II center is also available for a ridiculous $134, but those are not shipping anymore (but could again at any time), would need to find local stock at a Frys.

Half price sale at Klipsch?

https://slickdeals.net/f/9545392-50-off-klipsch-home-audio-fs-promedia-2-1-64-50-r-10b-soundbar-174-50-rf-82-ii-floorstanding-speakers-179-50?page=17

Zero

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2017, 06:00 am »
$400 for a pair of RF-82 II's with free shipping is a redonkulous deal. 

I know Klipsch doesn't get a whole lot of love in the audiophile ramparts, but my experience is that if you dial them in just right (its more about positioning than gear matching) and you can achieve wonderful sound for the buck!

Heck, if I didn't own so many speakers already, I'd be all over the Fry's deal!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2017, 12:27 pm »

The Top of the Line was the RF-83(three 8'' woofers), I dont know why the RF-7II yet on the market and the RF-83 was removed. The RF-7II low xover and hi price made this speaker more suited to HT than classical music imo.

Zero

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2017, 12:29 pm »
Have had both speakers in the homestead.  The RF-7 II's are absolutely a step above - even on classical.  :D

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2017, 12:40 pm »
It was due the bigger woofers or the horn drive?

smata67

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2017, 01:23 pm »
This setup will not be displacing my Thiels for two channel listening, but if the performance of the simple KB-15 recently obtained for similar discontinued pricing gives any indication of what these might deliver for home theater, I might be burning up  a bit of sick leave soon to catch up on neglected movie viewing.

randytsuch

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2017, 03:59 pm »
What day's email was this in?

I don't see it in today's Fry's email, one thing about Fry's is you get a lot of email deals lol

srb

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jan 2017, 04:11 pm »
What day's email was this in?
I don't see it in today's Fry's email, one thing about Fry's is you get a lot of email deals lol

Sometimes you can enter the promo code into the shopping cart even if the item isn't listed in the day's email (the 1/25/17 promo code still works but the 1/26/17 promo code doesn't) - but it might be a moot point depending on your location as the listing now says "Not Available Online for Shipping" and "Available In-Store Only".

http://www.frys.com/product/6680264

Steve

randytsuch

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jan 2017, 04:19 pm »
Sometimes you can enter the promo code into the shopping cart even if the item isn't listed in the day's email (the 1/25/17 promo code still works but the 1/26/17 promo code doesn't) - but it might be a moot point depending on your location as the listing now says "Not Available Online for Shipping" and "Available In-Store Only".

http://www.frys.com/product/6680264

Steve

Thanks, it's actually available at my local store, but I can't come home with a new pair of speakers if I want a place to sleep tonight  :nono:   :lol: :lol:

Was curious though.

OzarkTom

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jan 2017, 04:24 pm »
You might call the San Antonio Fry store. They will usually ship.

smata67

« Reply #11 on: 3 Feb 2017, 02:34 am »
I have to say, the RF-82 II for $400 was a tremendous deal.  Trade reviews had this as a great buy at $1200 when premiered a few years ago.  Clarity and power are excellent.  No harshness whatsoever.  Just fills the room with magical sound, for both theater and music.  Glad I jumped on these.

OzarkTom

« Reply #12 on: 3 Feb 2017, 03:01 am »
Klipsch is celebrating 70 years in business this year.  One of the oldest, if not the oldest here in the states.

smata67

« Reply #13 on: 5 Feb 2017, 08:06 pm »
I have never met a Klipsch speaker I didn't like.  Right now I have an older SB-1 that I recapped with polypropylene caps bypassed by foil and new  electrolytic on the woofer.  They are driven by a modified sureelectronics tamp (the diyaudio mods when these first came out) and they sound fantastic.  The clarity and fullness of sound rival speakers in the $300 range.  You can get these for $70 or so shipped from the Bay.  They replaced the Andrew Jones Pioneer SB22s that sound muddy by comparison.  These will get the Dennis Murphy treatment when I find the time, but even then, will probably not match the Klipsch in overall satisfaction.  Pretty amazing, though, how they get that 4" woofer on the Pioneers to go so deep.

smata67

« Reply #14 on: 5 Feb 2017, 08:11 pm »
By the way, a number of Klipsch speakers, apparently being discontinued, are popping up for really good prices on Newegg and Amazon.  The RB-10s are $72 shipped, as are the smaller reference surrounds.  I picked up a pair of KB-15 a couple of months ago for $99.  If you put a tickler on slickdeals for them, they will let you know, as many of these sales are shortlived.

nhpm510

• Trading refs: A'gon, Emo boards same user name
« Reply #16 on: 10 Mar 2017, 04:32 am »
You might call the San Antonio Fry store. They will usually ship.

Hmm, you indicated the San Ant Fry's might ship.  I didn't see one in San Ant, but Plano might be the closest on to San Ant.  Can you let me know which one you've had luck with? (pm works)

(Stinks to move to the other coast (Virginia) and miss all the crazy Klipsch/Denon deals!)

Regards,
PM

s20000

« Reply #17 on: 14 Sep 2017, 09:07 pm »
Is this offer still active?

srb

« Reply #18 on: 14 Sep 2017, 11:47 pm »
Is this offer still active?

No, the current discounted price for the discontinued RF-82 II (replaced by the RP-280F) is $359 each or $718 pair.  It's possible the deal could come up again before stocks run out, but there's no way of knowing.

smata67

« Reply #19 on: 21 Sep 2017, 07:26 pm »
You can put a tickler on slickdeals and you will get notified when the deal comes back.  And if it happens, you will need to jump on them immediately.