Does anyone have to power off/on the microrendu to get it to recognize the DAC?

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
Mine has done this since the get-go.  Jesus has been very helpful, as well as Vinnie Rossi.  Just taking a poll of the audience, or trying to figure out why it does this, and if there's anything to be done to prevent it.

Each time I power off my DAC, when I go to power it back on, the microrendu will not recognize the DAC unless I unplug it and then plug it back in.  This is confirmed by having the MR show up on my home network, going to the GUI, having it pop up with an appropriate IP address, then going to Apps and running DAC diagnostics.  No DAC is found the first time around, but if I power down and back the microrendu and run through this sequence for the second time, it typically will show my DAC when I run diagnostics. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  It is not an option for me to just leave the DAC on all the time.

Thx in advance.
Matthew

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Yes, this happens to me too but it is rare as I leave my dac on all the time for the most part.

Best,
Anand.

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
Might I point out that one shouldn't have to leave the DAC on, IMHO. 

Apropos of nothing, has anyone tried the Wyred for Sound power supply for MR?  Working well for me power and cooling wise.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Might I point out that one shouldn't have to leave the DAC on, IMHO....

Might I ask why? Is it because lightning will strike, surges will occur and fires can break out?

True. But I sleep easy using an EP-2050 for whole house protection. And fuses of course.

Best,
Anand.

jpm

I've not experienced the condition you describe with either Devialet Expert or Lio.

Which Dac are you using, and can you clarify what you do when you turn your dac off - do you use a remote control to set it to low power / standby type "off" or physically disconnect it from mains power?

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
I've not experienced the condition you describe with either Devialet Expert or Lio.

Which Dac are you using, and can you clarify what you do when you turn your dac off - do you use a remote control to set it to low power / standby type "off" or physically disconnect it from mains power?

I'm using the LIO DAC.  This happens when either I turn it on with button or remote. 

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
Might I ask why? Is it because lightning will strike, surges will occur and fires can break out?

True. But I sleep easy using an EP-2050 for whole house protection. And fuses of course.

Best,
Anand.

Probably irrationally, I just turn my gear off at the end of the listening session, thinking I'm saving some energy on my already astronomical electrical bill.  I know, it's drawing like nanowatts, but it makes me feel more environmentally friendly.  Like I said, maybe irrational.

jpm

trueaudiophile

Nope!  Just got mine and it runs smooth as
 silk...  :thumb:  Running it with JRiver, and Linn Kazoo, or Bubbleupnp server.  All work great!  OpenSource is great!

Thanks

Trueaudiophile

Big Red Machine

Mine has done this since the get-go.  Jesus has been very helpful, as well as Vinnie Rossi.  Just taking a poll of the audience, or trying to figure out why it does this, and if there's anything to be done to prevent it.

Each time I power off my DAC, when I go to power it back on, the microrendu will not recognize the DAC unless I unplug it and then plug it back in.  This is confirmed by having the MR show up on my home network, going to the GUI, having it pop up with an appropriate IP address, then going to Apps and running DAC diagnostics.  No DAC is found the first time around, but if I power down and back the microrendu and run through this sequence for the second time, it typically will show my DAC when I run diagnostics. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  It is not an option for me to just leave the DAC on all the time.

Thx in advance.
Matthew

If for some reason I have to cycle the power to my dac, it can take me 30 minutes of screwing around before the mr synchs back up to the system and JRiver. I leave my dac on 24/7 to prevent this. It's solid state so I am not concerned with its life. But yeah, it can be a pain to resynch.

guf

yeah, I'm having to on off somethings sometimes. Recently the reboot of the mR software is the easiest. I guess there is a lot going on..mR, hqplayer, core roon, roon player, dac, computer, power supply...its amazing it works when it does. :)

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
yeah, I'm having to on off somethings sometimes. Recently the reboot of the mR software is the easiest. I guess there is a lot going on..mR, hqplayer, core roon, roon player, dac, computer, power supply...its amazing it works when it does. :)

I'll try that, thanks.

Tubeburner

I have lost connection between my laptop and the mR a few times. I never loose connection to my dac, so I believe my issue is my network having a glitch. I ordered a network switch so I don't have to go through the router. The router has a lot going on with others on the Internet. I will have the switch in a few days and will report back. The network switch has a top priority VIP port the laptop/server will be on. I'll report my findings after it arrives.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2017, 11:33 pm by Tubeburner »

sts9fan

I have to do this with my SOse on a Teac DAC but have never had to do it with my uR on a Benchmark DAC2.  I have never switched things around to kniw if it is DAC dependent.  The OSse on the Teac needs to be rebooted if I change source. 

Tubeburner

My drops were definitely the network with the server and mR going through the router.  :duh: I purchased an ASUS GX-D1081 V3 with VIP port switch so this handles the server and mR. It is plug and play. I have not had any drops now. Thanks to Computer Audiophile for the suggestion on the switch for my network.  :D