My VMPS Larger is for sale.

audiomagnate

My VMPS Larger is for sale.
« on: 15 Nov 2012, 12:19 am »
I recently acquired a set of big Infinities, RS 2.5s and after some mods and active biamping, feel I don't really need the sub any more. I upgraded the 15 in July to the megawoofer status, and it looks and sounds great.
The VMPS logo is missing.

skippersit

Re: My VMPS Larger is for sale.
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2012, 07:54 pm »
Hi,

I'm very interested in your vmps larger.

Though I have a AudioCircle login ("skippersit"), I've never been active here. However, I have a strong positive history
on the Audiogon site (also under the login "skippersit").

If you wish to speak directly, my name is Fenton & my email is "fent.chaney@gmail.com".

Thanks,

Fenton (aka skippersit)

audiomagnate

« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2012, 07:02 pm »
Where do you live? Shipping bids from uShip are ranging from $119 to $260

Rclark

« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2012, 09:35 pm »
That's not possible, I tried buying Pez's pair of Larger's and you can only ship them via freight because they are so heavy,  which was something like $900-$1000, some ridiculous amount, from Colorado to Washington state. Not terribly far. Regular shipping rates do not apply, has to be freight rate.

rbbert

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2012, 12:37 am »
I just bought new VMPS larger; they can ship UPS Freight, which while it is a little more expensive than regular UPS is nowhere near what you quote.  Bay Area to Reno (~250 mi) was just over $100 for  what turned out to be overnight delivery, and about $50 of that was "liftgate" which is the same regardless of distance.

audiomagnate

« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2012, 12:43 am »
I just bought new VMPS larger; they can ship UPS Freight, which while it is a little more expensive than regular UPS is nowhere near what you quote.  Bay Area to Reno (~250 mi) was just over $100 for  what turned out to be overnight delivery, and about $50 of that was "liftgate" which is the same regardless of distance.

Not only is it possible, it's real. I have 2 bids for around $120 to the Denver area, 250 miles from here. That is living room to living room "white glove" service, no packing required. They wrap it in blankets and round out incomplete moving loads. The estimate for New Jersey is $200 to $500

audiomagnate

« Reply #6 on: 2 Dec 2012, 01:04 pm »
SOLD. Shipping from Grand Junction to the Denver area (250 miles) was $134 via uship.

Rclark

« Reply #7 on: 6 Dec 2012, 06:30 am »
That actually pisses me off a little. If I'd know about that service I'd have two VMPS largers in my room right now.

tomytoons

« Reply #8 on: 6 Dec 2012, 12:20 pm »
My Usher cp6371 are 150lbs packed each and it was only $120 UPS inured freight 2 years ago, Wisconsin to NC. Yes longer distances are more but not that much. At $500 or more you might as well pick up.  Fed Ex does freight too.
« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2012, 02:56 pm by tomytoons »

wisnon

« Reply #9 on: 6 Dec 2012, 03:01 pm »
That actually pisses me off a little. If I'd know about that service I'd have two VMPS largers in my room right now.

Try some powered TBI subs...much smaller and very fast.

Rclark

« Reply #10 on: 6 Dec 2012, 08:52 pm »
No, I'm very happy with the sub I've chosen, although I don't doubt you about the TBI sub.