Anything new with DAC and Cherry amps?

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: MINT Maraschino Kickstarter
« Reply #60 on: 18 Mar 2015, 06:07 pm »
Please take a look:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/mint-maraschino-amp-for-use-with-high-res-players
By popular demand.....

We've added two new rewards:

$1300 - 48V In-Line Maraschino PAIR (5 available)
$2200 - KING 60V In-Line Maraschino PAIR (5 available)

These are full production units.  Add $100 and get two pair of locking banana speaker wires.  These can be used to hang the In-Line Maraschino from your speakers.  Output is up to 800Wpc (KING version)!

Some have said the Maraschino is the "best sounding amp in the world".  Hopefully, the MINT Maraschino project will get the word out.

As always, THANK YOU, BACKERS!

p.s. We also added a features list in the text.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Re: Anything new with DAC and Cherry amps?
« Reply #61 on: 3 Apr 2015, 01:39 am »
New video (of me):
http://kck.st/1EKKHSt

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #62 on: 8 Apr 2015, 02:16 am »
If you own 48V Maraschinos, check out the DUAL 60V upgrade deal here:

Check out the "rewards" section.

A little more than 3 days left on the project, so get in before it's too late.  Orders from the Kickstarter will be shipped before orders outside the program.

By the way, there's a sweet deal on a pair of demo desktop Maraschinos in there.  Only one pair available!

Thanks to Seth for adding the cable deal (see http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=133137.msg1418883#msg1418883)!

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Less than 70 hrs to go !!!!
« Reply #63 on: 9 Apr 2015, 10:28 pm »
Only 67 hours for our project!

Please PLEDGE and support the truth:

Lots of super deals as rewards for your support.  Thank you!

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #64 on: 9 Apr 2015, 11:55 pm »
Hello, everyone!  With less than 70 hours to go, this is getting extra exciting....

We just corrected the reward listing for the KING 60V MINT Maraschino ($1200).  It now INCLUDES the DC_SNAKE cable.

The DC_SNAKE is a super-low-impedance 5-way braided black/red cable (see photo in the storyboard) for connecting our 60V 1kW power supply to a Maraschino amplifier (any Maraschino amplifier, actually).  These have 0.2 ohm round-trip resistance.  To give you an idea of how much this matters, the standard DC cable that comes with the "non-KING" 60V Maraschino is 1.2 ohms round-trip.  The normal price on a DC_SNAKE cable is $150, by the way.

Oh, one more thing....  We added Maraschino performance plots in the storyboard.  These show Frequency Response, THD+N versus Frequency at that all-important "first watt" (1Wout), and THD+N versus power into 4 and 8 ohms.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
DAC DAC Kickstarter
« Reply #65 on: 23 Dec 2015, 09:10 pm »
We may have set the record for fasted funded Sound Project to date.  Check it out:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/dac-dac-ultra-high-performance-d-a-converter

We reached our goal less than 9 hours after launch!

Plenty of rewards left. If you'd like Cherry Amps as your reward for supporting this project, just let us know at Support@DigitalAmp.com.

We plan to add amp and DAC/amp combo rewards soon, based on availability.  If you already pledged and want to add amps, no problem, we can do that!

Welcoming $1 pledges just to say "I support you".  Backers find out first when new rewards are added, regardless of the pledge amount.  Thanks.

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
new DEMO page on CherryAmp.com
« Reply #66 on: 12 Jun 2016, 06:29 pm »
Our new demos page:
http://www.cherryamp.com/#!demos/c18b0

Any thoughts?

Thanks for taking a look!

-Tommy O
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2016, 11:21 pm by AmpDesigner333 »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
the wait for Stereo Maraschino Cherry is OVER !
« Reply #67 on: 12 Jul 2016, 10:37 pm »
$200 off STM (pre-buy "reviewer special") and 30% off pretty much everything else (Maraschinos, DAC DACs)!

Send a PM if interested.

Hope you're having a great summer.

Thanks.

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #68 on: 2 May 2017, 02:43 am »
Maraschino Video Series Kickstarter!  Only until May 13th morning (Eastern time).  A great selection of rewards including:

Stereo Maraschino
    Classic Cherry Motherboard Upgrade (Maraschino Sonics with Much Power)
    External Linear Toroidal Power Supply for Maraschino
    USB to SPDIF converter
    DAC DAC (both HS and TL types)
    Golden Cherry
    "Megaschino" - Classic Cherry on the outside, Maraschino on the inside
    Some surprises you can add later!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/maraschino-video-series

jseipp

« Reply #69 on: 2 May 2017, 06:25 pm »
To anyone thinking about your next amp or DAC:

When I had been looking for awhile to step up to something better in an amp, the Maraschino Kickstarter went live.  I had read and read, like so many of us, about what was already out there and had been considering options for a long time.  Why, then, did I jump on something brand new?

Kickstarter can be a gamble and I, like others, have seen a new venture go under, taking my pledge with it.  But coming from a company with a successful product line in production for years, a designer with decades of experience, and a well thought out and clearly communicated plan for expanding into the new offerings, the Maraschino campaign had my attention.  The information was direct and actually informative.  And the price of entry was a fraction of what I had expected to pay to get the results I was after.

With their fourth Kickstarter now live, Digital Audio Company has demonstrated the commitment and ability to deliver.  You don't pay for glossy ads or retail markup.  You get decades of experience focused on creating the best sounding product that does exactly what it is designed to do.  You also get great service that has stood by me and by others who've shared their stories here.

I have communicated with someone who tried the original version of the Maraschino's and found that in his system and for his tastes he preferred to keep his beloved tube amp in which he has put a great deal of personal sweat equity.  He kindly shared that this was only when using a pair of driver tubes that alone cost a good deal more than I paid for the pair of Maraschinos.  He has a terrific system that I think most anyone would thoroughly enjoy.  The joy of it is, so do I.  And reading the professional reviews that are catching up with the products, so do others who have experienced way more equipment than have I and have joined the Digital Audio Company fold.

I highly recommend reading the reviews and especially the interview with Tommy for a refreshingly honest and straightforward discussion of the aims and the means of creating the products he has to offer.  If you are interested, contact him.  There is a full range of options now available and he will share all of that experience in recommending the best fit for what you are after.  This campaign means a great price for you and the means by which Digital Audio Company can expand its range and its reach without the markups.  And that is what Audio Circle is all about, bringing together the best fit of business model for the designers to deliver the best fit of products for us.

Best wishes for your listening --

John     

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #70 on: 2 May 2017, 10:29 pm »
To anyone thinking about your next amp or DAC:

When I had been looking for awhile to step up to something better in an amp, the Maraschino Kickstarter went live.  I had read and read, like so many of us, about what was already out there and had been considering options for a long time.  Why, then, did I jump on something brand new?

Kickstarter can be a gamble and I, like others, have seen a new venture go under, taking my pledge with it.  But coming from a company with a successful product line in production for years, a designer with decades of experience, and a well thought out and clearly communicated plan for expanding into the new offerings, the Maraschino campaign had my attention.  The information was direct and actually informative.  And the price of entry was a fraction of what I had expected to pay to get the results I was after.

With their fourth Kickstarter now live, Digital Audio Company has demonstrated the commitment and ability to deliver.  You don't pay for glossy ads or retail markup.  You get decades of experience focused on creating the best sounding product that does exactly what it is designed to do.  You also get great service that has stood by me and by others who've shared their stories here.

I have communicated with someone who tried the original version of the Maraschino's and found that in his system and for his tastes he preferred to keep his beloved tube amp in which he has put a great deal of personal sweat equity.  He kindly shared that this was only when using a pair of driver tubes that alone cost a good deal more than I paid for the pair of Maraschinos.  He has a terrific system that I think most anyone would thoroughly enjoy.  The joy of it is, so do I.  And reading the professional reviews that are catching up with the products, so do others who have experienced way more equipment than have I and have joined the Digital Audio Company fold.

I highly recommend reading the reviews and especially the interview with Tommy for a refreshingly honest and straightforward discussion of the aims and the means of creating the products he has to offer.  If you are interested, contact him.  There is a full range of options now available and he will share all of that experience in recommending the best fit for what you are after.  This campaign means a great price for you and the means by which Digital Audio Company can expand its range and its reach without the markups.  And that is what Audio Circle is all about, bringing together the best fit of business model for the designers to deliver the best fit of products for us.

Best wishes for your listening --

John     

John,

Can't thank you enough for your kind post!  It's support from friends like you that make it all possible (:

-Tommy

OzarkTom

« Reply #71 on: 2 May 2017, 10:57 pm »
If Tommy could get by with this, he could sell 10x or more amps. Stick a large dummy tube on top of his mono cherry amps and have them glow like those little red lights do. They sound as good as any tube amp I know of. And they would look so cool.   

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #72 on: 2 May 2017, 11:16 pm »
If Tommy could get by with this, he could sell 10x or more amps. Stick a large dummy tube on top of his mono cherry amps and have them glow like those little red lights do. They sound as good as any tube amp I know of. And they would look so cool.
Good one!  Don't know about 10x the amps, though (:

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
What's REALLY NEW
« Reply #73 on: 2 May 2017, 11:17 pm »
So, what's REALLY new?  The MEGAschino!  Here's some info:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=149935.0

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #74 on: 12 May 2017, 02:27 pm »

We'll soon be down to 24 hours left....

As rewards, we have amazing deals on:
    - Linear Power Supplies for Maraschino amps (new product)
    - DAC DAC (TL or HS)
    - KING Stereo Maraschino
    - MEGAschino and Classic-to-MEGAschino upgrades (new product)
    - Golden Cherry (top of the line Maraschino) and Golden Cherry Upgrade (for KING Maraschino owners)
    - Maraschino Module Development Kit (new product for OEMs and DIY)
    - USB to SPDIF Converter (new product)
    - Dual 60V 1kW Maraschino power supply upgrade
    - INSIDER White Paper (only $4)
    - In-Line Maraschino ("hanging" Cherry)
    - KING In-Line Maraschino ("hanging" Cherry)

Here's the link again:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/maraschino-video-series

DON'T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY !  Thanks for your support.

-Tommy O