JVC QL-Y5F help with connector

shinnichi

JVC QL-Y5F help with connector
« on: 19 Oct 2017, 10:44 pm »
I'm trying to remove the motor connection from the circuit board but it doesn't want to come off.  This is the one:

I can only see the two clips shown in this image, but I've tried loosening those while pulling and it doesn't seem to move.  Can someone please advise if the connector should just pull straight up while opening these clips?  And do you have any technique for opening both clips while pulling :scratch:  I wouldn't want to damage anything.

Thanks

orthobiz

Re: JVC QL-Y5F help with connector
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2017, 01:53 pm »
Go to
www.vinylengine.com

Register

Go to Database
Download the repair manual

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/jvc/ql-y5f.shtml

From the picture of the motor connection, it looks like you should be able to stick something under the tabs shown in your photo and pull straight up (or wiggle slowly side to side). Maybe two small screwdrivers, one on each side.

You can also post your question there, should be a knowledgable bunch that can weigh in with their own experience.

Even if the tabs break off, it should reconnect and stay put because the TT will just be sitting on a shelf.

Good luck.

Paul

shinnichi

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2017, 01:12 pm »
Hi Paul

Sorry for the late reply.  I was checking regularly but after a few days I didn't think a reply was coming.  I did eventually get it off.  Just a matter of getting a good grip with needle nosed pliers and carefully pulling up slightly at each end.  I don't know if I had already loosened the clips at each end but I didn't even have to open them up while pulling, it just came off.

I do have the service manual downloaded but although it has a few good tips, it doesn't really give any directions for disassembly.

Cheers

Stan

orthobiz

« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2017, 11:42 am »
Show us a pic when it's back together. Good luck...

Paul