..the woods is somewhat full of 'em

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
..the woods is somewhat full of 'em
« on: 6 Jul 2017, 06:10 pm »

..pardon me whilst I go somewhat negative in saying that unfortunately our hobby has its share of...shall we say arseholes.  None was ever more evident than when I posted the above photo on some audiophile FB page and the only feedback I got were several posts laughing about my rug.  Oh well like I said...arseholes..  :duh:

Audiophile

Re: ..the woods is somewhat full of 'em
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2017, 07:33 pm »

..pardon me whilst I go somewhat negative in saying that unfortunately our hobby has its share of...shall we say arseholes.  None was ever more evident than when I posted the above photo on some audiophile FB page and the only feedback I got were several posts laughing about my rug.  Oh well like I said...arseholes..  :duh:

What rug?  :lol: With all that beauty behind it I didn't even notice the rug. Especially little Nipper!  :green:

SundayNiagara

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jul 2017, 09:00 pm »
Don't post on Fb.

Brettio

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jul 2017, 09:06 pm »
 As the dude would say...'That rug really ties the room together...'

SFDude

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jul 2017, 09:29 pm »
As the dude would say...'That rug really ties the room together...'

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not that I personally like your decorative choices, but I also wouldn't criticize since every individual's home is extremely personal to each. You may not like the general "starkness" of my listening room either and the crap of boxes I've got stacked in the corner behind my speakers.

Arseholes exist solely to test your patience. Enjoy your system, which looks to be absolutely killer BTW.  :thumb:

JakeJ

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jul 2017, 11:05 pm »
I agree with our members, each to his own when it comes to decor.  Everybody doesn't shoot for Better Homes & Gardens so-called perfection.  Your system and the room it is in looks awesome!

And what the heck are "rug-o-philes" doing in an audiophile group?  Snobbing and snubbing, that's what.

This also confirms my conviction to stay the hell off all social media sites.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #6 on: 6 Jul 2017, 11:20 pm »
I noticed speakers, guitars and then amps.
Why would anyone care about a rug?

Brettio

« Reply #7 on: 6 Jul 2017, 11:45 pm »
The other thing I notice about this room is that es347 is so commited to McIntosh that even his lamp emits a McIntosh blue hue.   :o  Either that or he's hiding a piece of McIntosh equipment from his significant other in there!

dburna

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jul 2017, 11:48 pm »
The heck with the rug, those guitars don't "work" in that room at all.  You need to send them to me and I will dispose of them properly.   :lol:

RE: Facebook or any other social platform.  Privacy was the first to die, followed by civility.  Try not share things with a hostile populace -- they don't deserve it.

-dB

Delacroix

« Reply #9 on: 7 Jul 2017, 12:58 am »
Facebook....what else do you need to know?

Nice system by the way!

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #10 on: 7 Jul 2017, 01:12 am »
Well the problem is that rug is 2 inches in diameter too small! :lol:
Actually, it's very nice!
Always somebody that will complain.
Enjoy that great room!
Time to quit FB.

WGH

« Reply #11 on: 7 Jul 2017, 01:34 am »
Yeah, yeah, another 2" would be perfect

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #12 on: 14 Aug 2017, 08:44 pm »
Well, I've given your problem about a year's worth of considerable thought and I've come to the conclusion that the rug and the guitars are not the problem at all, it's those gosh darn McIntosh MC601 monoblocks and the VR5 Anniversaries. How garish! No need to continue to fret and worry though. Give me a pm and I'll be over by the end of the week to clear them out of your house. No need to thank me,  I'm always more than happy to help a fellow ACer reclaim some peace of mind.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #13 on: 14 Aug 2017, 09:18 pm »
Pretty garish night lights if you ask me.... :wink:

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #14 on: 14 Aug 2017, 09:37 pm »
The first thing I noticed was that floor standing lamp is in the way of that motion detector, I doubt it even works. :lol:

Seriously thou, that is obviously a very nice rug and who the hell cares what you have in YOUR room anyway.

I think the room is really cool, not my taste as I like modern minimalist. You would probably really dislike it and think it was cold but hey, to each his own.

You did a great job in that room and I totally get it, just a bunch of idiots if you ask me.

Take Care,

Greg

nc42acc

« Reply #15 on: 14 Aug 2017, 10:21 pm »
VR-5 MKII and Guitars......Nothing more needs to be said. Stay away from Facebook.

JakeJ

« Reply #16 on: 15 Aug 2017, 01:25 am »
VR-5 MKII and Guitars......Nothing more needs to be said. Stay away from Facebook.

Best advice of the entire thread.