BDP-2 Digital Player

Pundamilia

Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #1960 on: 13 Jan 2018, 04:00 am »
FWIW, I have found that sometimes if I turn on the BDP before the DAC and start playing something, there is not sound until the BDP "finds" the connection to the DAC. At first, I thought it was a problem and I would go to the Dashboard/Devices to "turn on" the DAC connection, but if I just wait a few seconds, the connection gets made.

shpritz

« Reply #1961 on: 13 Jan 2018, 04:16 am »
Zoom25; I got so excited the fix worked and had no idea how to screenshot on Windows, hahahaha

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1962 on: 15 Jan 2018, 03:00 pm »
FWIW, I have found that sometimes if I turn on the BDP before the DAC and start playing something, there is not sound until the BDP "finds" the connection to the DAC. At first, I thought it was a problem and I would go to the Dashboard/Devices to "turn on" the DAC connection, but if I just wait a few seconds, the connection gets made.

I'm assuming your using USB between your DAC and BDP?  The BDP when it powers up it'll configuring its internal audio device and any USB devices, if your USB DAC isn't plugged in, turned on, USB input selected then it may not be detected upon startup.  You can always check the audio device pages to see if your DAC is currently seen by the BDP and if its configured to be used.

http://support.bryston.com/downloads/BDP/Manic%20Moose%20Manual.pdf

Page 15, Audio Devices.

Chris

MoPac

« Reply #1963 on: 28 Jan 2018, 05:59 pm »
BDP-2 with sound card

Chris:
 Back on 07/25/2014 I posted about skipping when playing MP3 tracks ( they are 256 or 320 ).  Is this still the case?  I have a number of free sample tracks from our local Chicago label Cedille and would like to include them in the library.

Thanks. Rich

XMAN

« Reply #1964 on: 30 Jan 2018, 03:09 pm »
Has anyone had issues with accessing the BDP on a windows 10 network?  Mine seems very flaky.  I only access the drive on the network when i upload new music so i'm not sure when it disappeared.  MM can still be accessed via the PC and it works ok but no luck seeing the drive on the network.  Once last night it seemed to be there but when i clicked on the icon the password screen didn't pop up just a message stating something like the name might not be matching.  I have an internal drive so this is a real pita.  Very frustrating to the point i might be looking for a new player or taking the internal drive out and use an external.  This used to be a relaxing pastime where have we gone.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #1965 on: 30 Jan 2018, 04:33 pm »
This probably has more to do with your network than the BDP. If you haven't already, go into your router and set it up to assign the same IP address to your BDP every time. That seems to solve most networking errors.

Any chance you installed/updated a software firewall or made any changes to your network (new users, changes in file sharing, etc)?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1966 on: 30 Jan 2018, 11:55 pm »
You can try connecting to the bdp directly by entering

\\<BDP’s IP address>

It doesn’t sound like samba v1 has been uninstalled, but this is something else you can check

XMAN

« Reply #1967 on: 31 Jan 2018, 01:27 am »
I get this message

Update i went to Windows features and check off all features under "SMB" file sharing and that worked.  It must have been a windows update that shut it off.  This might be enough for me to remove my internal drive what a PITA

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #1968 on: 31 Jan 2018, 03:46 am »
Microsoft is getting ready to remove the Homegroup feature. Not sure if that is what caused them to change settings in SMB, but it tinkered with other stuff on my network too. Everything has been stable for me for years. This really is an unusual set of circumstances, not something with which you'd normally have to contend.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #1969 on: 31 Jan 2018, 03:58 am »
^^  Microsoft sucks.

XMAN

« Reply #1970 on: 31 Jan 2018, 04:38 am »
Microsoft is getting ready to remove the Homegroup feature. Not sure if that is what caused them to change settings in SMB, but it tinkered with other stuff on my network too. Everything has been stable for me for years. This really is an unusual set of circumstances, not something with which you'd normally have to contend.

Ya and the next time i need do it will forget how or they will move it

Larry Dickman

• Restricted
« Reply #1971 on: 4 Feb 2018, 02:25 am »

Update i went to Windows features and check off all features under "SMB" file sharing and that worked.  It must have been a windows update that shut it off.  This might be enough for me to remove my internal drive what a PITA

THANK YOU!!

It's been a while since I needed to copy music from my desktop to the external drive connected to my BDP-pi. So imagine my surprise when the BDP wasn't showing in my network even though MPD was working fine on the PC. So per your advice I went to Control Panel>Programs>Turn Windows Features On or Off>and checked the box SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support. After re-booting the computer, I have Bryston in the Network again!

However I found this: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-smb1-windows
Is this a concern?

XMAN

« Reply #1972 on: 4 Feb 2018, 03:09 am »
I am alway concerned when i make network file sharing setting adjustments on my machine and maybe Chris can pipe in on this one.  I just read that SMB 1.0 is disabled because it is only needed for running older versions of Samba which i guess the BDP 2 is running this setting can apparently put your computer at risk.  I would appreciate some clarification on this from someone more in the know than me.    https://www.howtogeek.com/321072/how-to-disable-smbv1-and-protect-your-windows-pc-from-attack/

Larry Dickman

• Restricted
« Reply #1973 on: 4 Feb 2018, 03:39 am »
Since I only need BDP-pi in my network to copy files (everything else works fine when it's not in my network), until I learn otherwise I will disable SMB 1.0 and re-enable it as needed to copy new music files to external hard drive, then disable it again.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1974 on: 4 Feb 2018, 04:40 am »
Unless your pc is in a corporate environment there’s no reason to disable it and if the only reason for having it enabled is strictly for the bdp then It’s the only system that can be compromised and could be compromised regardless.

Larry Dickman

• Restricted
« Reply #1975 on: 4 Feb 2018, 06:34 am »
Disable the SMB in our BDPs NOW!

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1976 on: 5 Feb 2018, 02:07 am »
Disable the SMB in our BDPs NOW!

I'm not sure if your being serious or not

Larry Dickman

• Restricted
« Reply #1977 on: 5 Feb 2018, 02:12 am »
I'm not sure if your being serious or not
It's a joke, I later changed my mind but don't see how to delete a post.

XMAN

« Reply #1978 on: 5 Feb 2018, 02:57 pm »
All you would have to do is uncheck samba lol

gbaby

« Reply #1979 on: 5 Feb 2018, 07:16 pm »
It's a joke, I later changed my mind but don't see how to delete a post.

Some things are not funny and cause unnecessary concern and panic.