Picture Food Needed

bjski

Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #1580 on: 15 May 2014, 10:14 pm »
An interesting ceiling treatment  :thumb:

Be well...
The ceiling is Auralex sound diffusers. The problem exists from my previous speaker's the Infinity IRS Epsilon's. The ceiling is to low, 7feet 4inches. I had a standing wave that I could not get rid of. The Auralex diffusers fit right into each space of the drop ceiling. They along with the GIK Acoustic traps help tamed the room. The Infinity Epsilon's had an outboard servo control unit which also helped.

My 2 channel system got moved to the basement when I broke my toe twice on my JBL 250TI. I have a hometheater in another basement room. My main home theater is in an upstairs living room. These rooms were more the kids play rooms. The WAF moved the 2 channel rig downstairs to this room. If I knew this is where my 2 channel rig was going the rooms would have been done much differently. My wife and I are starting to look for a new home and when that time comes I hope to have a nicer dedicated sound room like what you built. :D

PRELUDE

« Reply #1581 on: 15 May 2014, 11:32 pm »
I want this bed but cannot get it. :(

spinner

« Reply #1582 on: 1 Jun 2014, 10:38 pm »

spinner

« Reply #1583 on: 15 Jun 2014, 06:38 pm »
  Les  Paul and  Mary Ford......
[img]http://www.audiocircle.com/image.php?id=101030[/
sorry  pix won't work ............

spinner

« Reply #1584 on: 15 Jun 2014, 06:42 pm »
  Pix of  Les  Paul :duh:

SFOX

« Reply #1585 on: 16 Jun 2014, 02:50 am »

spinner

« Reply #1586 on: 20 Jun 2014, 06:55 am »

:shake: sound proof rooms  1955  London.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #1587 on: 25 Jul 2014, 06:56 pm »
A touch of nostalgia while CD searching at our local Goodwill store today. A cassette tape still sealed and all for 50 cents, somehow I could not resist bringing it home.

Be well...

dgarratt

« Reply #1588 on: 4 Aug 2014, 05:57 am »
Have you guys seen the Greek Audiophile video on youtube (20mins long)? Well worth setting aside some time to watch...only thing it lacks is Bryston gear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1aUws0Lrs

Laundrew

« Reply #1589 on: 16 Oct 2014, 08:02 pm »

The journey, albeit a slow process, to the world of vinyl has now started in earnest with the addition of the BP 1.5 to my most humble Xanadu. It can be a very time consuming process starting from scratch when adding a new media format to ones interests. As the vinyl collection was started last year, the next item to purchase is a record cleaner followed by the turntable.

Found myself with a question or two with respect to the BP 1.5 this morning and decided to give Bryston a quick call - a pleasure to find James on the other end of the phone with all the answers. Also a huge thanks to Ron and Rob for their awesome service and advice. My goodness what a journey thus far, taking in an audio show now and then with crowds of people, mainstream music, a vinyl format - what's next, a better camera on the horizon? Only heaven knows  :lol:

Be well...

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #1590 on: 16 Oct 2014, 11:19 pm »
Congratulations, Laundrew. I'm sure you'll enjoy spinning vinyl on your fine system. What are your thoughts for a turntable and cartridge?

Happy listening,

Rich

Laundrew

« Reply #1591 on: 17 Oct 2014, 12:32 am »
Congratulations, Laundrew. I'm sure you'll enjoy spinning vinyl on your fine system. What are your thoughts for a turntable and cartridge?

Happy listening,

Rich

Thanks for your kind words Rich  :D

Heavily leaning towards VPI for the turntable at this stage and patiently waiting for VPI to complete their on-line site reconstruction. They released a couple of new TTs this year the Prime and Avenger (?). The other two models are the Aries 3 and the HR-X while the cartridge selection is still on going  :wink:

The Prime is an awesome looking table, and have heard that it is priced in around the mid $3K range and mid $4K with the SDS option. As for the Avenger (?), have not heard very much about it.

Aries 3

HR-X

Just so many options out there  :duh:

Be well...

Laundrew

« Reply #1592 on: 19 Oct 2014, 02:40 pm »

Now you see it, now you don't.

Unfortunately we hear all too much with respect to industry leaving Ontario in search of higher profits and it does not really "sink in" until you actually experience it beyond a radio or news broadcast. Lady Laundrew has worked for this company for a little over 10 years and it employed around 500 people. I feel truly awful for the couples that both worked in this factory and are now both out of work. It is hard to believe that Ontario has lost over 300,000 manufacturing jobs over the last 10 years and I can not help but wonder how Ontario's debt can be serviced with more people unemployed or making minimum wage.

Be well...

Samurai7595

« Reply #1593 on: 19 Oct 2014, 03:21 pm »
Heavily leaning towards VPI for the turntable at this stage and patiently waiting for VPI to complete their on-line site reconstruction. They released a couple of new TTs this year the Prime and Avenger (?). The other two models are the Aries 3 and the HR-X while the cartridge selection is still on going  :wink:

Be well...

Hi Laundrew,

Make sure to take some time to "play" with the VPI turntables before you buy, especially their tonearms.

I use to own a fully-loaded VPI Scoutmaster and could never really get used to the VPI wobbly unipivot tonearm.  I actually hated the feeling so much that I sold it and waited a while before investing in another turntable.  For a few months, I played with a friend's Rega RP6 and really liked it but then came across a killer deal on a Brinkmann Bardo turntable and jumped on the deal (after a few hours of auditioning one at the dealer).

Just my 2 cents...

Laundrew

« Reply #1594 on: 19 Oct 2014, 04:03 pm »
Hi Laundrew,

Make sure to take some time to "play" with the VPI turntables before you buy, especially their tonearms.

I use to own a fully-loaded VPI Scoutmaster and could never really get used to the VPI wobbly unipivot tonearm.  I actually hated the feeling so much that I sold it and waited a while before investing in another turntable.  For a few months, I played with a friend's Rega RP6 and really liked it but then came across a killer deal on a Brinkmann Bardo turntable and jumped on the deal (after a few hours of auditioning one at the dealer).

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks for the advice and will certainly look into this - just so many variables to consider when looking at turntables  :duh:

Be well...

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #1595 on: 20 Oct 2014, 10:29 pm »

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #1596 on: 21 Oct 2014, 01:22 am »

Now you see it, now you don't.

Unfortunately we hear all too much with respect to industry leaving Ontario in search of higher profits and it does not really "sink in" until you actually experience it beyond a radio or news broadcast. Lady Laundrew has worked for this company for a little over 10 years and it employed around 500 people. I feel truly awful for the couples that both worked in this factory and are now both out of work. It is hard to believe that Ontario has lost over 300,000 manufacturing jobs over the last 10 years and I can not help but wonder how Ontario's debt can be serviced with more people unemployed or making minimum wage.

Be well...

Very sorry to hear about this, Laundrew, and especially the impact on you and Lady Laundrew. Debatably, we seem to be in a second age of the Robber Barons, with more tightly consolidated business interests trumping social and quality of life issues. Clearly, there are complex and controversial issues affecting such matters, but there are companies that seem to be doing just fine by honoring local craftsmanship.

Rich

PRELUDE

« Reply #1597 on: 21 Oct 2014, 03:55 am »

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #1598 on: 21 Oct 2014, 04:59 am »
Cut the red wire, or the blue wire? :)

redbook

• the music is the blood...........