For Sale: A Near Perfect Pair of JBL L-200 speakers

macrojack

• Restricted
For Sale: A Near Perfect Pair of JBL L-200 speakers
« on: 31 Jul 2014, 12:29 pm »
I bought these as the second owner over 25 years ago. They are all original with the exception of the grills. When new, this model came with a sculpted foam grill which has long since disintegrated. Instead I had professional looking cloth grills created by an artist who used to live next door to me in wallstreet. That is supposed to be one word and not capitalized. It's the name of a tiny ghost town area in Four Mile Canyon, 9 miles west of Boulder in the Rocky Mountains.

My L-200s are without chips, stains or scratches and all componentry is original. You would be hard pressed to find a superior pair anywhere outside of a museum.

My asking price is $2750 for the pair with all transportation and payment fees falling on the buyer. The ones I've been able to find on line are priced between $2500 and $3000 and always have cosmetic abnormalities or replacement parts or both.

Vintage JBLs from this era have been increasing in value over the last few years, and why not? Modern products built to this standard cost multiples of my price. And don't forget, these re quite efficient and sound great too.

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: For Sale: A Near Perfect Pair of JBL L-200 speakers
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2014, 12:38 pm »
I forgot to mention that I am located in Fruita, Colorado, 81521. That's right on I-70 about 19 miles east of the Utah border. I can arrange to deliver safely to Denver or Salt Lake and anywhere in between for a negotiable fee. Naturally, I never had the original boxes and crating would surely be expensive. But if you are willing to pay for the service, I have a carpenter on standby. Truck shipping on pallets would probably not be too expensive but I don't really know that.

My delivery offer is weather dependent. I don't want to take my 2 wheel drive Tacoma over Vail Pass or Soldier's Summit in icy conditions. Please take that into account.