Super V

Shakeydeal

Super V
« on: 1 Aug 2014, 11:03 am »
I am looking at at that pair of Super Vs on Audiogon. The price, the original and the asking price, seems high to me. Would anyone care to comment on what a pair of these should be worth?

Original price listed is 7500.00

Asking price is 4500.00

Thanks,

Shakey

usp1

Re: Super V
« Reply #1 on: 1 Aug 2014, 12:13 pm »
Considering that the exact same pair sold recently for $3K, the price is somewhere in between that and $4.5k.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #2 on: 1 Aug 2014, 12:54 pm »
I really don't understand all of the attention this is getting, please help me understand.  You almost never get your asking price, people just don't feel like they are getting a good deal at asking price.  And there are other considerations as well.  I lost my ass on the CLS 9's and I can name many more pieces that cost me a lot of money.  It must be a full moon or something  :thumb: 

AKLegal

« Reply #3 on: 1 Aug 2014, 01:17 pm »
Keep in mind that the Super V is a kit so it never had a "completed" retail price.  Furthermore, if you are not so inclined you would have to pay someone to build it.  The kit by itself was $2,500, when you add in labor for woodworking and the cost of that snazzy metallic paint on the wings that "retail" price doesn't look out of the ordinary.  I am building a pair now and while they won't look as professional as these I certainly wouldn't sell them for less than $4K.  Its alot of work.

I really don't understand all of the attention this is getting, please help me understand.  You almost never get your asking price, people just don't feel like they are getting a good deal at asking price.  And there are other considerations as well.  I lost my ass on the CLS 9's and I can name many more pieces that cost me a lot of money.  It must be a full moon or something  :thumb: 

I don't either.  I am pretty sure that when Danny originally listed this pair it started at $4,500 and the seller kept dropping the asking price to get a bite.  Personally I think selling a pair for less than $4K is crazy.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #4 on: 1 Aug 2014, 02:01 pm »
My apologies for starting this thread, I didn't realize the speakers were already sold. Moderators please delete.

Shakey