IsoTek System CD Enhancer

djbnh

Re: IsoTek System CD Enhancer
« Reply #20 on: 25 Dec 2007, 02:15 pm »
I guess this question is for anyone, so, how often are tracks one and two to be used?.I get it about using track three as a warmup once a week before listening, but not sure if tracks 1 and 2 are used just the once to burn-in and demagnetize and that's it or when a new piece of gear is added? Thanks, Huck
For my home speakered gear: If I haven't used my audio for three or so days, I'll play track 2 once. If I've been using it more frequently, I'll sometimes just use track 3 before doing some listening. Then again, my CDP is tubed and sounds better after 30 minutes of use, so sometimes I'll just run track 2 for its 30 minute duration and then get to the serious listening. At other times I let the IsoTek disc run for part of a day to see if it would  make any additional change with the Grover SC ICs, but I wasn't hearing any additional improvement so I stopped doing that.

Regarding my headphone gear at work: I walk an hour each morning before work starts, so I almost always throw in the IsoTek disc and let track 2 repeat on my Senn HD650s and other kit items for the duration of my walk. I note I repeat track 2 - this track is recommended for large speakers; however, I find it does a better job exercising the Senns than track 1.

YMMV. And Merry Christmas to all!

Huck

« Reply #21 on: 25 Dec 2007, 02:27 pm »
Thanks! I usually warm my gear up for an hour or so anyways with a regular disc,so I will just play all three tracks through....shouldn't hurt to play regularly?. Huck

martinr

« Reply #22 on: 6 Jan 2008, 08:57 pm »
I guess this question is for anyone, so, how often are tracks one and two to be used?.I get it about using track three as a warmup once a week before listening, but not sure if tracks 1 and 2 are used just the once to burn-in and demagnetize and that's it or when a new piece of gear is added? Thanks, Huck
For my home speakered gear: If I haven't used my audio for three or so days, I'll play track 2 once. If I've been using it more frequently, I'll sometimes just use track 3 before doing some listening. Then again, my CDP is tubed and sounds better after 30 minutes of use, so sometimes I'll just run track 2 for its 30 minute duration and then get to the serious listening. At other times I let the IsoTek disc run for part of a day to see if it would  make any additional change with the Grover SC ICs, but I wasn't hearing any additional improvement so I stopped doing that.

Regarding my headphone gear at work: I walk an hour each morning before work starts, so I almost always throw in the IsoTek disc and let track 2 repeat on my Senn HD650s and other kit items for the duration of my walk. I note I repeat track 2 - this track is recommended for large speakers; however, I find it does a better job exercising the Senns than track 1.

YMMV. And Merry Christmas to all!
I just purchased a pair of the Grover SC IC's and they sounded very good out of the box.....am burning them in using the ISOTEK enhancer, can't wait to do some serious listening.

- Martin