Protractor

dchang81

Protractor
« on: 4 Dec 2016, 08:34 am »
Got a second hand Amadeus gta and was wondering how to get a protractor to set up the table.

Erocka2000

Re: Protractor
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2016, 02:15 pm »
There is no protractor.  The headshell is at a fixed angle.  There is no aligning it.  Just make sure VTF and VTA are correct and you're ready to go.  And remember, when putting the golf ball in the goop, less is more. 

Kimiimacman

« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2016, 03:02 pm »
Bear in mind too that although the headshell is 'fixed' heavy handling can alter the angle and then the cart will mistral.
Its critical that the headshell is at precisely 19 degrees and there is a page in the manual with a template to help realign

If buying used best to check before use as you won't be able to easily alter it with the arm mounted. Oh and don't over tighten the screw. The only design issue I have with this is that Bill could/should have used 2 screws.

As suggested, less is indeed more when it comes to the damping. Start with just enough silicone to give minimal resistance when pushing the arm back and forth. Looking around the bottom of the golf ball you should see the minimum of silicone in contact. Then if you want add a small amount more but leave for a period for it to settle before the push pull test and then listen. To remove the silicone use a cotton bud and wind some on the tip a bit at a time, keep it spinning to prevent mess.

Don't forget the Twist in the suspending thread done such the the arm wants to Unspin  and return to the rest NOT head for the label

Don't even look at using any protractor,  Bill's geometry is unique! ! Good luck

Simon

mick wolfe

« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2016, 04:00 pm »
I  couldn't agree more on the "2 screws". In fact, I wish the arm and headshell were incorporated into a monolithic fixed design. No screws at all. Other than that, solid suggestions by both you and Erocka 2000.

dchang81

« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2016, 06:49 pm »
thanks for the replies, makes it much easier.  yeah if you can't move it at all i don't get why it wouldn't just be one piece.