Dave's Cables by DaveC113

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: Dave's Cables by DaveC113
« Reply #60 on: 11 Sep 2013, 05:52 am »
Has anybody done this?  Replace the stock wires in the amp or inside the preamp.  Superfluous?

Sure, also the wiring inside the speaker cabinet. It make as much difference as cabling, but the runs inside amps/pres tend to be very short so it won't have as much of an effect as the much longer IC cables.

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #61 on: 11 Sep 2013, 05:53 am »
So... Neotech's brand new OCC silver/gold alloy wire is ridiculously good. It's an easily audible upgrade over the D2 and about the same difference in performance as the D2 is over the D1. It's also significantly better than the same cable made with Neotech's UPOCC silver wire!

I'm breaking in a DD cable made with Duelund 2.0 silver/silk/oil wire... when that's further along I will compare the Neotech silver/gold cable to the Duelund silver cable.

This will be added to the catalog as the D3.  8)  Price is the same as the Duelund cable, $425 for 1 meter, $325 for .5 meters.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #62 on: 16 Sep 2013, 02:56 pm »
Dave break in those Duelunds for 500 hours. Mine are still changing with 150 hours. However the top end is so natural and pure.  Same character as the Duelund CAST caps. They took 750 hours to stop changing. Lots of dielectric to settle.
    The D2 is brighter than the Duelund but not Hi Fi sounding. I'm liking both very much in my system. The D2 from CDP to Pre and DD from QOL to Amps.
     The DD even though still changing is clearly a step in the right direction in my system. The d2 fits the warm character of the Plinius CDP as well as the Esoteric line of CDP.
     My personal Arion mono blocks with Duelund CAST output caps have a wonderful synergy with the duelund cables. When all is fully broken in will report my findings.
     Dave consider a Cable Cooker your customers will be glad you did.

charles

jonbee

« Reply #63 on: 2 Oct 2013, 02:54 am »
Has anyone heard Dave's speakers cables? Are they similar sounding to his ICs? Any comparisons would be welcome.

ZLS

« Reply #64 on: 2 Oct 2013, 04:29 am »
Has anyone heard Dave's speakers cables? Are they similar sounding to his ICs? Any comparisons would be welcome.

I have Dave's Speaker Cables.

Yes, there is a similarity (a house sound) to the IC's.

They present a very open, wide and deep sound. 

It is as if they have a wide dynamic range. 

I am very pleased with them. 

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #65 on: 2 Oct 2013, 04:48 am »
Hi jonbee,

Yes, the D1 IC, D2 IC, and all the speaker cables are made with Neotech EC-UPOCC copper wire in various gauges. The ICs are 22g, the speaker cables are 11, 14 and 20 gauge. This Neotech wire is the best copper wire I have ever used and is a great value. I can make a Duelund silver speaker cable but it will be very, very expensive.  :)

Hi rollo,

Thanks for your comments!  :thumb:   I agree the DD is a just a nice sounding cable, the Duelund wire is very unique (and very expensive at $30/ft).

I have a system set up to burn in cables now! I doubt folks want to wait for it but I will consider adding a burn in service as an (no-cost) option.

Hi ZLS,

Thanks for your comments, I agree dynamics are a strong point and a characteristic of UPOCC copper over regular copper. They are very fast, detailed and open without any harshness that can cause fatigue.

jonbee

« Reply #66 on: 2 Oct 2013, 03:23 pm »
    I have Dave's Speaker Cables.

Yes, there is a similarity (a house sound) to the IC's.

They present a very open, wide and deep sound. 

It is as if they have a wide dynamic range. 

I am very pleased with them.
Thanks. After I have my Daedalus speaker upgrades completed in the next month or so, I'll take a more serious look at them.

Bequerel

« Reply #67 on: 8 Nov 2016, 08:59 am »
Is the Neotech 26 gauge occ silver/gold alloy you are selling by the foot solid or stranded?

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #68 on: 8 Nov 2016, 04:12 pm »
Is the Neotech 26 gauge occ silver/gold alloy you are selling by the foot solid or stranded?

It's solid-core. Thanks for the question!

Bequerel

« Reply #69 on: 9 Nov 2016, 07:51 am »
It's solid-core. Thanks for the question!

That is good! Apart from usually sounding better, it is also much easier to work with than stranded stuff. :D

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #70 on: 9 Nov 2016, 04:48 pm »
That is good! Apart from usually sounding better, it is also much easier to work with than stranded stuff. :D

Just to be clear, it's not the wire in the pic in the post above... that's the standard wire offered by Neotech, which is stranded with soft clear PE insulation... good for headphone cables for sure, but with IC/SC you don't need so much flexibility so I have Neotech make me a solid-core / teflon version. My solid core version does sound a little better.  :green: