FS: Don Allen 1626 Darling Monoblocks

dkalsi

FS: Don Allen 1626 Darling Monoblocks
« on: 28 Jul 2015, 07:25 pm »
Have for sale my Don Allen 1626 Monoblocks.

I will say, you will have little luck finding much on these. If you are interested, and are locally within the MD/DC/VA area, you are
certainly welcome to audition.

These amps seem to be somewhat rare.

The are not the last word in audio - but when I spoke to local DIY hifi-audio community,  everyone recommended I seriously consider them because of the price/performance factor. I've only owned a handful of tube gears, but I enjoyed these more than I enjoyed my restored Eico, Scott, Fishers, Welborne 300B DRDs, and my Music Reference RM-9.

I only have one complaint about them (and the reason for the sale) - I wish they had a little more headroom. Don't get me wrong, the can get plenty lound on my 94db system, certainly louder than normal listening levels. However, if I am listening to one my my favorite songs, and wish to really crack it up - they eventually give up before my ears do.

Thus, it is with a heavy heart I have to let them go.  I would have sold something else instead, but decided to sell these as they would be better suited for someone with even higher efficiency than my system (i.e., north of 95db).

It would like $825+shipping for them.

Cheers,

dkalsi

Re: FS: Don Allen 1626 Darling Monoblocks
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2015, 05:29 pm »
Just wanted to add that I'm willing to consider partial trades for the following items:

- subwoofer drivers (pair required)
 - high power solid state amplifier for bass duty
 - Acoustic Elegance TD15H drivers (pair required)
 - and maybe, a preamp with dual outputs.

I may consider other items, but the above is really what I'm after

dkalsi

« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2015, 02:50 pm »
bump.

dkalsi

« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2015, 09:40 pm »
bump - will consider reasonable offers.

dkalsi