New San Francisco Jazz Festival Center and Season 1

watercourse

New San Francisco Jazz Festival Center and Season 1
« on: 22 Nov 2012, 05:36 pm »
I got my tickets to see a couple of Dave Holland shows, with Kenny Barron and with his Prism band. The first time I saw Dave Holland was with Kevin Eubanks on the "Extensions" tour, at Koncepts when it was still active. Also going to see Afro-Cuban All Stars, the SF Jazz Collective, and a Brad Mehldau trio date.

Anyone else excited about checking out the new Festival Center? Maybe even attending the grand opening event? Although to be honest, passing by the site a few weeks back and seeing the progress to date, I'm wondering whether construction and fine tuning will be done in time for the first shows.  :o

jimdgoulding

Re: New San Francisco Jazz Festival Center and Season 1
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2012, 06:52 pm »
Man, good players those two.  Love to hear their groups.  New Festival Center?  Sounds like a fine addition to me.  Lived there in the decade of enlightenment and some years later.  Attended the first Chet Helms Family Dog produced concert way before Bill Graham.  The Dog resided in a house near the Japanese district.  This most eccentric weed dealer lived in a large closet with a window.  He had an antigue box in which he kept drawers of snuff imported from England.  He'd visit the Japnese optomotrists in the area and get these little cotton que tips from Japan.  They were very fine things nothing like what we have here.  Looked like a Dandelion thing-a-me-bob.  That's how he would pass around his collection of snuff for sampling.  Eccentric and aesthetic times.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2012, 05:10 pm by jimdgoulding »