Ah, another Custom DIY Project Plinth!

Sonny

Re: Ah, another Custom DIY Project Plinth!
« Reply #20 on: 5 Nov 2014, 02:59 pm »
One arm is the Stainless steel 10.5i the other is the12.7i arm.  Would love to have or try the 3-D arm.

Would love to have access and no how to a machine shop.
A local shop did a great job and designed a on cad by a friend and assisted/inspired by me.

BobM

« Reply #21 on: 5 Nov 2014, 04:51 pm »
The 3D arms are definitely a step up. No doubt about it at all. Plus they will look cool against that plinth.

If you ever need help spending your money you can be sure to find plenty of advice here.
 :thumb:

Sonny

« Reply #22 on: 5 Nov 2014, 07:52 pm »
The 3D arms are definitely a step up. No doubt about it at all. Plus they will look cool against that plinth.

If you ever need help spending your money you can be sure to find plenty of advice here.
 :thumb:

Thanks Bob...I can always count on our members for $pending $$$. :thumb:

Grbluen

« Reply #23 on: 28 Nov 2014, 11:44 pm »
Unfreakinbelievable! That table is drop dead gorgeous!  I own a VPI,  and they should be embarrassed!
Simply outstanding!

Sonny

« Reply #24 on: 29 Nov 2014, 03:57 am »
Unfreakinbelievable! That table is drop dead gorgeous!  I own a VPI,  and they should be embarrassed!
Simply outstanding!

Thank you!

It was a design that I had in my head and the CAD guy actually made it happen with his interpretation of it.

It's darn nice and I am very happy with the results!  I just need some time to listen..having a 3.5 and 1.5 year olds in the house, it's very difficult to find the time...especially in a 1500 sqft home.

T

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #25 on: 29 Nov 2014, 03:59 pm »
I don't care what VPI is doing. That is simply killer and very original  :thumb:

Agreed. The VPI is crap compared to your rendition. My plinth is a large 6061 aluminum, it makes a difference. Dead silent backgrounds. Great work, simply stunning!

Best,
Anand.

Sonny

« Reply #26 on: 29 Nov 2014, 10:02 pm »
Agreed. The VPI is crap compared to your rendition. My plinth is a large 6061 aluminum, it makes a difference. Dead silent backgrounds. Great work, simply stunning!

Best,
Anand.

Yes, this is 6061 aluminum as well, it's about 75lbs being 3.5" thick at the thickess and 23" wide and 16" deep...
T

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #27 on: 30 Nov 2014, 05:13 pm »
Simply awesome Sonny - you must be very proud  :thumb:

Be well...

Sonny

« Reply #28 on: 5 Feb 2015, 03:48 am »
Simply awesome Sonny - you must be very proud  :thumb:

Be well...

Thank you!  I am very happy with it.  Makes beautiful music and to me, looks stunning!

It was a lot of hard work and thanks to a couple of people that were both instrumental and able to help!

Tuan