Welcome to the Vinnie Rossi Forum!

Vinnie R.

Welcome to the Vinnie Rossi Forum!
« on: 25 Oct 2014, 04:12 pm »

Hello!

Welcome to the new Vinnie Rossi forum!

I requested a dedicated forum here on Audiocircle to offer a high level of interaction with our customers and those interested in the new Vinnie Rossi brand and what we are working on: www.vinnierossi.com

I believe that our upcoming LIO system will become a true game-changer for our customers - and one that will be very inviting for those who would like to join community of users who deeply enjoy learning from each other, sharing their experiences, discussing what they would like to see next (e.g. new LIO modules, enclosure finishes), etc.  This level of customer interaction is important to me  because I get to learn more about what YOU want from our offerings, as well as obtain direct feedback from you. 

Your impressions / feedback / reviews of our product is greatly appreciated!

No matter what your age is, what genres of music you like, if you prefer vinyl or digital, or headphones / speakers - you will know that you are in the right place if you are here to have fun and enjoy this hobby, and most importantly, acquire a deeper connection to your music in the process.

If you are a 'newbie' (or feel like one), please do NOT let that keep you from posting questions and joining in.  We are here to learn from each other. 

I do ask that everyone follow some basic rules:

1)  Let's keep a friendly and inviting atmosphere. 
2)  Please try to keep the topics related to Vinnie Rossi products.  There are other circles here on audiocircle to discuss other topics, so check them out!  If discussion on a thread gets off topic, I will do my best to clean it up (remove the posts that derail the discussion).
3)  Disagreements happen, but let's try to avoid the back-n-forth bickering and just agree to disagree and move on. 
4)  For Technical Support, please email me directly: vinnie@vinnierossi.com (e.g. "I have no sound to my speakers - help!" - I prefer to
work directly with customers privately regarding their particular situation instead of having Tech Support threads here on the forum).  If I find a question continues to come up, I'll be sure to post on our FAQ page: http://vinnierossi.com/frequently-asked-questions/
5)  No bashing other people or vendors here.
6) Other manufacturers/vendors are not permitted to post about their products here (for obvious reasons)

I'm sure a few more rules will pop up at some point, but overall things have been great with the Red Wine Audio forum here on Audiocircle, and I know we'll continue on that path!  :thumb:

NOTE: The Red Wine Audio forum is still part of Audiocircle and located here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=78

Thank you for being a part of this - and for your participation!   :beer:

Have fun and happy listening,

Vinnie

« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2015, 10:58 pm by Vinnie R. »

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: Welcome to the Vinnie Rossi Forum!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2014, 04:41 pm »
Congrats on both the LIO and new forum! 

The LIO was one of the coolest, most innovative things I saw at RMAF and it was nice to meet you too.

Good Luck!  :thumb:

Captainhemo

« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2014, 05:33 pm »
Good to see the new  forum Vinnie
Best of luck with the new line, hope to give one a  shot down the road

-jay

Vinnie R.

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2014, 04:39 pm »
Thanks, guys!    :wave:

Vinnie

virtue

• Industry Participant
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2014, 05:04 pm »
Bravo, Vinnie!  Modular is the way to go and I'm so excited to see you executing with such clarity and capability!  Let's stop wasting that gorgeous metal on single-purpose systems!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2014, 09:57 pm »
Bravo, Vinnie!  Modular is the way to go and I'm so excited to see you executing with such clarity and capability!  Let's stop wasting that gorgeous metal on single-purpose systems!

Thanks, Seth!

Hope you are doing well and hope to see you at one of the audio shows in 2015!

finsup

« Reply #6 on: 2 Dec 2014, 01:08 am »
Vinnie,

I have not looked at your web site yet. I'm not sure I can handle an impulsive reaction to buy something without having thought things through. 

From a consumer point of view, what am I to think of Red Wine Audio vs. the Vinnie Rossi LIO brand?

When I think of RWA, I think of cool, innovative products and custom mods.  Vinnie Rossi LIO is what?  Cool innovative modular products or one product with future generations to come?  I can't image Vinnie Rossi LIO just having one product offering but other than having a modular design (and a different approach to power for the moment), what else will distinguish LIO vs. RWA?

Will RWA continue?  If it eventually comes to a close, will one still be able to order mods to equipment such as the Sony HAP-Z1ES?

brh

« Reply #7 on: 2 Dec 2014, 03:43 pm »
From a consumer point of view, what am I to think of Red Wine Audio vs. the Vinnie Rossi LIO brand?

When I think of RWA, I think of cool, innovative products and custom mods.  Vinnie Rossi LIO is what?  Cool innovative modular products or one product with future generations to come?  I can't image Vinnie Rossi LIO just having one product offering but other than having a modular design (and a different approach to power for the moment), what else will distinguish LIO vs. RWA?

I can't speak for Vinnie, but I can say from a consumer perspective why I'm so excited about LIO, and why I ordered one as soon as orders opened up... I don't think the power aspect is to be taken lightly, for one thing. I have always been in places with pretty noisy power, and often struggled with band-aid approaches of power filtering, etc. RWA's battery powered solution killed all that, but batteries are not ideal - even the best battery tech has a fairly limited lifespan, power output is limited, etc. Yet, without a bit of a revolution, a LiPo-powered amp really seemed like the best solution for an utterly black background. From a consumer standpoint, capacitors are like batteries on crack. Their longevity pushes them out of the 'consumables' department, and out of the realm of compromises for clean power. Likewise, greater power output means the box can simply do more. Finally, using two banks and constantly charging one while the other is in use makes the entire process transparent for the consumer - with RWA, you have to make the decision to run off pure battery or charge, and if you're running off of battery, you have to catch it and switch over when the light starts blinking... you also have to try to avoid what I've done far too many times, forgetting to turn it off and coming home to a drained battery. Now, I haven't actually used LIO yet, but it sure seems like it's going to eliminate all the compromises and inconveniences that previously came with the noise-free experience of a pure DC power source.

As to only selling one product... well, Vinnie did say there's going to be a more powerful power amp option that will be a separate box, but let's put that aside for a second. Audio manufacturers have always wanted customers to 'stay in the family,' and a lot of people do - matching separate components from one company, all stacked up in a cabinet or rack. LIO is 'just' a smart, sexy rack with its own awesome power taps for its components. Or, the Vinnie Rossi modules are 'just' traditional components, but instead of a cabinet, they go into a purpose-built box which handles everything. Consumers like the simplicity of integrateds - LIO is an integrated wherein you only pay for what you need (excepting, of course, the remote and line outs), and one that grows with you.

Finally, having thought ahead for myself, if I eventually want to spread my equipment around to multiple rooms, I'll ultimately have less cost as I can 'break apart' this LIO and slap some modules into a second one, if that's a path I choose to take.

I've mentioned this elsewhere - I really didn't see myself replacing my RWA this soon (unless for a Sig 8, RIP :wink:). But LIO really feels like a game-changer to me.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #8 on: 2 Dec 2014, 07:35 pm »

Hi Finsup,

Thank you for your post.

I have not looked at your web site yet.

You should - what are you waiting for??  :green:

Will RWA continue?  If it eventually comes to a close, will one still be able to order mods to equipment such as the Sony HAP-Z1ES?

Yes - RWA will continue offering modification services (http://redwineaudio.com/mods) and product support.  RWA is NOT going away.

Vinnie Rossi LIO is what?  Cool innovative modular products or one product with future generations to come?

It is BOTH, actually.  :wink:

With LIO, there will be many more modules developed in the future.  This is only the tip of the iceberg!  :)

Under the Vinnie Rossi brand, there will also come other innovative products in time that use our ultracapacitor power supply technology.

I can't image Vinnie Rossi LIO just having one product offering but other than having a modular design (and a different approach to power for the moment), what else will distinguish LIO vs. RWA?

The main features of LIO that distinguish it from RWA are:

- Modular system
- Ultracpacitor Power Supply
- Superior sounding and build quality
- Factory-direct sales model gives much higher value (LIO pricing would at least double if we were to sell via distributors/dealers)

I could write quite a lot about each of these main features and how they are superior to RWA's offerings (and how I believe they are superior in many ways to the offerings from others).  But for now, I recommend you read up about LIO on our website, as this is the best starting point: www.vinnierossi.com

I plan to post more detailed videos about LIO in the new year, as well as new photos and whatever else I can find time for to showcase what LIO is all about.  Later this year, LIO will also be submitted to a handful of reviewers who will be testing it out.

Hi brh,

From a consumer standpoint, capacitors are like batteries on crack.

I like that!

Now, I haven't actually used LIO yet, but it sure seems like it's going to eliminate all the compromises and inconveniences that previously came with the noise-free experience of a pure DC power source.

Yes - this is my promise, and everyone who tries LIO can listen for themselves with a 30-day money back guarantee.  LIO customers also get a 10 year product warranty. 

As to only selling one product... well, Vinnie did say there's going to be a more powerful power amp option that will be a separate box

Correct!

Finally, having thought ahead for myself, if I eventually want to spread my equipment around to multiple rooms, I'll ultimately have less cost as I can 'break apart' this LIO and slap some modules into a second one, if that's a path I choose to take.

Absolutely - and it is an easy enough thing to do.

Thanks for your posts - and enthusiasm!

Vinnie

finsup

« Reply #9 on: 4 Dec 2014, 01:10 am »
I can't speak for Vinnie, but I can say from a consumer perspective why I'm so excited about LIO, and why I ordered one as soon as orders opened up...

Thanks for your posts - and enthusiasm!

Vinnie

Agreed!  Thanks BRH for the enthusiasm and comments. 

Consumers like the simplicity of integrateds

Yes, I see myself moving in this direction over the next couple of years.  I am tired of the rats' nest of cables and trying to match up components hoping to get the best from them and am looking for something a little more simple to manage.  So the idea has a certain amount of attraction for me.

Yeah, I had not thought in those terms but that definitely seems an approach worth considering.  I am just going to have to begin re-thinking my speakers all around for something like this to work for me.

I do hope this modular approach works out as you hope, Vinnie.  I know other manufactures have tried, and mostly failed.  NAD seemed to have the right idea early but I have not seen them introduce anything really new for their receivers in some time.  Of course, seeing how you  almost literally create new ideas for your products and mods as you post suggests to me that LIO will be an exciting brand to watch unfold.

TimF

« Reply #10 on: 2 Jan 2015, 03:33 pm »
While I have yet to buy any of the LIO products, or for that matter, the RWA gear either, I watch this space with a great admiration for the possibilities of Vinnies new products here.

While NAD also caught my eye quite awhile back with the modular cards on offer for some of their products, it seems like the overall enthusiasm or ability to create more customized type of modules for the end user just wouldn't happen or come from a company as large as NAD. Not knocking their appraoch or what they make, just Vinnie seems to be in a very good position to move his setup along much better. I would also add that his approach to his customers appear to be a very personalized one, something no big conglomerate could ever approach. Do we all care about this, maybe not, but I do suspect those that are here and post/look probably appreciate that a lot.

Sorry to ramble on, will be watching this space though, and also, congrats to Vinnie and Co. in what looks to be a real interesting piece of gear!

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #11 on: 31 Jan 2015, 09:42 pm »
This looks like a very well thought out, and targeted offering.  Can't wait to hear more (pun intended!).

Vinnie R.

« Reply #12 on: 3 Feb 2015, 10:15 pm »
This looks like a very well thought out, and targeted offering.  Can't wait to hear more (pun intended!).

Thank you, TimF, catastrofe, and EVERYONE!  :beer:

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #13 on: 3 May 2015, 02:15 am »
Vinny, it was nice to meet you and your wife at Axpona.  I was there with a friend and visited your room a few times.  It was one of my 3 favorite rooms.  I talked to you about tubes and your DAC section in the Lio.  Do you have any reviews coming out on the DAC section by itself?

Thanks,

Larry

Vinnie R.

« Reply #14 on: 4 May 2015, 03:51 pm »
Vinny, it was nice to meet you and your wife at Axpona.  I was there with a friend and visited your room a few times.  It was one of my 3 favorite rooms.  I talked to you about tubes and your DAC section in the Lio.  Do you have any reviews coming out on the DAC section by itself?

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry,

Great to meet you - and thanks for your post and for visiting us at AXPONA!

We have a lot of LIO reviews in the works, but none solely configured as a LIO Dac.  But if any of the reviewers take the fixed-level outputs and feed another preamp / integrated (when using any of LIO's digital inputs), they could get a good handle on what a LIO configured as only a dac would sound like. 

You can also easily configure LIO as a tube dac by adding the Tubestage module, which follows the dac (with volume controlled RCA outputs optional as well via the RVC module).

All the best,

Vinnie

PAULO HORTA

« Reply #15 on: 5 Nov 2015, 05:53 pm »
Hi Vinnie,
I have some issues about black-lightning battery. I sent you emails talking about it. Could you answer to paulosergiohorta@bol.com.br ??
Thank you
PAULO H.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #16 on: 8 Nov 2015, 03:31 am »
Hi Vinnie,
I have some issues about black-lightning battery. I sent you emails talking about it. Could you answer to paulosergiohorta@bol.com.br ??
Thank you
PAULO H.

Hi Paulo,

I'm not sure why I'm not getting your emails at my RWA email address, but since I PM'd you yesterday with my Vinnie Rossi email address - I did receive your emails and will get back to you ASAP.

I'll be back from the NY Audio Show on Monday.    No need to reply to this post.

Thank you

Vinnie