Kismet monos

Tomy2Tone

Kismet monos
« on: 22 May 2015, 02:41 am »
Anybody know what the gain is on the Kismet mono block amps?

Tomy2Tone

Re: Kismet monos
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2015, 03:05 pm »
Any Stratos mono owners know the gain on their amps?

GentleBender

« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2015, 03:34 pm »
I pulled this from a 2010 6moons audio review. "The overall gain is about 30dB with an input impedance of 22kΩ and input sensitivity of 1V RMS."
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/odyssey2/1.html

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2015, 03:54 pm »
I pulled this from a 2010 6moons audio review. "The overall gain is about 30dB with an input impedance of 22kΩ and input sensitivity of 1V RMS."
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/odyssey2/1.html

Thanks! I remember that review now. I've always read Klaus's amps play well with a tubed pre so I was just checking. The Odyssey website says the Candela has a gain of 14db so I'm hoping a pre with 12db gain will be a good match as well.

GentleBender

« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2015, 04:03 pm »
I couldn't find anything on the Stratos. If you talk to Klaus, he will sort it out for you. In fact he gathers a list of your equipment and sets the amp for your setup. He is awesome, doesn't spend much time here, but if you call him you will not be sorry.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2015, 04:07 pm »
I couldn't find anything on the Stratos. If you talk to Klaus, he will sort it out for you. In fact he gathers a list of your equipment and sets the amp for your setup. He is awesome, doesn't spend much time here, but if you call him you will not be sorry.

Yeah, I figured he has his nose buried in about 40 amps right now so I thought I could find some help here. I sent him a couple of emails lately with no response so I know he's got a lot going on. I hope to see him next week at Newport.

GentleBender

« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2015, 04:15 pm »
You are in the same boat as me then. :lol: My stuff isn't time sensitive so I can wait, figured I would call him after his beach gig. So jelly of all the audio shows up north.  :green:

Arcticdeth

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jun 2015, 01:30 am »
I want a pair so bad, I can taste it, but need more time to save cash.  Even then, with the 5 large saved, I may go in a different diresction, as if I have 5 large, I may just save for another 4 years and get the carver tube amps, if he is still in business. :)

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2015, 01:36 am »
I want a pair so bad, I can taste it, but need more time to save cash.  Even then, with the 5 large saved, I may go in a different diresction, as if I have 5 large, I may just save for another 4 years and get the carver tube amps, if he is still in business. :)

There's a pair of Stratos for sale on Audiogon for $1500. I think it's the same pair that's for sale here in the trading post. Not Kismets but I'm sure they're close.

Arcticdeth

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2015, 01:46 am »
I have talked to the guy, very good dude, but u, I'm a perfectionist, so only kismets amped up will do.  In time, or maybe the carvers.  But I'm more of a solid state guy, tubes are a pain in the ass

PMAT

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jun 2015, 05:30 am »
Probably not the place to discuss Carver tube amps but apparently they are not a pain in the azz with the new circuits. Big $$ though.

Arcticdeth

« Reply #11 on: 17 Jun 2015, 03:51 pm »
Probably not the place to discuss Carver tube amps but apparently they are not a pain in the azz with the new circuits. Big $$ though.

When i get the 5k saved. I may just wait another 2 years, save another 3k and pop for the  crimson 350's.
Not sure yet.   What do you guys think. I have never owned tube amps, andnif i did these 350w tube amps would be the way to go.

Arcticdeth

« Reply #12 on: 29 Jun 2015, 03:05 pm »
Mind set on kismet monos' 

Klaus, sorry its tsking so many years to buy them, saving on our income is not much.
Soon enough i will call you with my order. 

martinr

« Reply #13 on: 30 Jun 2015, 01:39 am »
There's a pair of Stratos Monos (SE's I believe)  for sale in the FS section of Audiocircle:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=134626.0

you could purchase them now and have Klaus upgrade them to Kismets later.  Klaus upgraded my SE's upgraded to Kismets in a Stratos case a couple of years ago....these are truly great amps....

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #14 on: 30 Jun 2015, 02:07 am »
you could purchase them now and have Klaus upgrade them to Kismets later.  Klaus upgraded my SE's upgraded to Kismets in a Stratos case a couple of years ago....these are truly great amps....

That's what I'm doing. Except I've yet to hear them as Klaus is waiting on caps to come in so I'm anxious to know what they're all about.

What other non Odyssey amps have you heard in comparison to the Kismets?

martinr

« Reply #15 on: 2 Jul 2015, 10:21 pm »
I've compared the kismets and Klaus's system to the other systems at the RMAF...too many vendors to name.  As you may have read, the Kismets sound better than many systems at RMAF.

SoundSound

« Reply #16 on: 28 Jul 2015, 06:53 pm »
Could somebody please give me an estimate as to how much I should budget for  :) a pair of Kismet Monos (top specs) in Stratos enclosures and  :D how much more would be a pair of Kismet Monos (top specs) in Kismet enclosures?