« on: 9 Jun 2017, 12:48 pm »
Hello,

I am looking for a Gradient crossover.

Best regards,

Horacio

apple2k

Re: WTB: Gradient crossover
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2017, 09:55 pm »
in the absence of an actual Gradient crossover you can use a MiniDSP box and program the Xover slope exactly as it exists in the Gradient hardware, I have this to control the signal going into an amp that controls my Gradient Revolution's woofer towers, this also allows me to put in a PEQ @ 32Hz to have in room, flat bass response to 23 Hz. The control the amps have on the woofers in this set up, compared to the passive version which drop off at 50 Hz, is significant. Worth looking at for around $100 USD. Madisound sells them I believe.
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2017, 11:15 pm by apple2k »

f575m

Re: WTB: Gradient crossover
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2017, 10:42 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for the info regarding the MiniDSP box. :D

Several others also suggested a MiniDSP 2x4, a friend of mine in the UK, who has a Gradient W-63 set-up, said that if he had to start again he would go with a MiniDSP.

I am more comfortable rotating the knobs of a crossover rather than programming an audio processor, I am not familiar with those devices and I will have a hard time setting band's frequency, gain, etc.

I am building a pair of dipole woofers in an H frame configuration, using Gradient plans with similar Peerless drivers, but these subs need a 6dB/octave boost because they are dipoles and most off-the-shelf crossover solutions don't offer this. That's why I have been looking for a crossover, either a Gradient or an Audio Design XO-2001.

I am driving my QUADS with an Electrocompaniet - 125W/Ch. I also have a recently upgraded 405-2. I always had full range speakers - Tannoys HPD385, Red, Silver, IMF TLS80, Aerial 10T... - and did not really need a sub.

How are you driving your system?

Best regards,

Horacio