Bryston Bdp-1 has no internet connection

Vittorio

Bryston Bdp-1 has no internet connection
« on: 24 Jul 2016, 07:28 am »
I have a problem with my BDP 1, after installing the first release of manic moose me the message appears: BDP has not internet connection.
I am days that I try to solve the problem but I can not, can someone help me.
Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2016, 03:08 pm by Vittorio »

vonnie123

Re: Bryston Bdp-1 has not internet connection
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2016, 11:48 pm »
Boot up the BDP-1, and identify the local IP address displayed on the front screen.  Can you connect to the BDP-1 via your home LAN (IP address)?  If so, Try to re-install the firmware via your PC/MAC.

Vittorio

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2016, 08:08 am »
Hello vonnie123,

If I go into the modem settings on bdp - 1 appears among the devices connected to the network , I also tried to reinstall the firmware but the situation does not change .

Marius

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2016, 08:16 am »
Hello vonnie123,

If I go into the modem settings on bdp - 1 appears among the devices connected to the network , I also tried to reinstall the firmware but the situation does not change .

This message "no internet connection' also shows while updating the database. Did your Bryston BDP finish updating the Database? You have to let the BDP finish and settle before everything works as it should.

Can you reach your BDP via the web browser and address bryston-bdp-1.local ?

On the frontpanel of the BDP you can use the up/down buttons to find the IP address of the BDP. What is showing?

Cheers,
Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2016, 07:15 pm »
I have a problem with my BDP 1, after installing the first release of manic moose me the message appears: BDP has not internet connection.
I am days that I try to solve the problem but I can not, can someone help me.
Thank you in advance

which version of the firmware is currently installed?

Vittorio

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2016, 07:29 pm »

This message "no internet connection' also shows while updating the database. Did your Bryston BDP finish updating the Database? You have to let the BDP finish and settle before everything works as it should.

Can you reach your BDP via the web browser and address bryston-bdp-1.local ?

On the frontpanel of the BDP you can use the up/down buttons to find the IP address of the BDP. What is showing?

Cheers,
Marius

Hello Marius ,
the missing connection message remains even after the database update , I can reach the bdp by entering the IP address which displays the bdp awfull with the buttons up and down, I would like to update the bdp for ROON.

Cheers,
Vittorio

Vittorio

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2016, 07:33 pm »
which version of the firmware is currently installed?

The installed firmware is  S2.05 07/11/2014

vonnie123

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jul 2016, 09:25 pm »
Current version is S2.28 / 6-28-2016

I would contact Bryston, and/or work with unincognito (Chris) to update your device.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2016, 10:38 pm »
The installed firmware is  S2.05 07/11/2014

That version should be new enough to update without intervention, but if you find your unable to update you should place the BDP into service mode and email me the service id.

http://www.bryston.com/PDF/Manuals/BDP-2_MM_Manual.pdf

Marius

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jul 2016, 07:44 am »
Hello Marius ,
the missing connection message remains even after the database update , I can reach the bdp by entering the IP address which displays the bdp awfull with the buttons up and down, I would like to update the bdp for ROON.

Cheers,
Vittorio

Seems your BDP does have its correct ip address. I recognize the message being somewhat mystifying now and then, while the network is working as it should. Most of the time some patience makes all the difference. Not to worry, it will work out fine.

Do as Chris suggests, enable service mode, and have Chris fiddle with your BDP ;) he'll get it online and updating in no time .

Cheers,
Marius

Vittorio

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jul 2016, 03:07 pm »
That version should be new enough to update without intervention, but if you find your unable to update you should place the BDP into service mode and email me the service id.

The bdp not even enter into the service mode , you get a message that tells me that it is impossible to connect to the client .  :banghead:

Vittorio

« Reply #11 on: 26 Jul 2016, 03:08 pm »

Seems your BDP does have its correct ip address. I recognize the message being somewhat mystifying now and then, while the network is working as it should. Most of the time some patience makes all the difference. Not to worry, it will work out fine.

Do as Chris suggests, enable service mode, and have Chris fiddle with your BDP ;) he'll get it online and updating in no time .

Cheers,
Marius

the bdp not even enter into the service mode , you get a message that tells me that it is impossible to connect to the client .  :banghead:

vonnie123

Re: Bryston Bdp-1 has no internet connection
« Reply #12 on: 26 Jul 2016, 06:12 pm »
Looks like Chris (unincognito) is on vacation for a week.  CALL BRYSTON, and ask them for assistance.  If they can get you in contact with Gary Dayton, he is pretty good with the BDP-1. 

Vittorio

« Reply #13 on: 27 Jul 2016, 07:35 am »
Looks like Chris (unincognito) is on vacation for a week.  CALL BRYSTON, and ask them for assistance.  If they can get you in contact with Gary Dayton, he is pretty good with the BDP-1.

Thanks for the suggestions , how do I contact Gary Dayton?

Cheers,
Vittorio

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #14 on: 27 Jul 2016, 12:02 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions , how do I contact Gary Dayton?

Cheers,
Vittorio

gdayton@bryston.com

james

Vittorio

« Reply #15 on: 27 Jul 2016, 02:19 pm »
gdayton@bryston.com

james

Thank you

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #16 on: 27 Jul 2016, 06:45 pm »
Vittorio,

Have u tried this yet --

Go into MPAD on your mobile control device. Open it up. BDP-1 powered up. Wireless router on.

Go to Settings at the top -- the bulls-eye symbol.

Try directly typing in the IP address e.g. 102.72.0.103.  Find out what the IP address is for your router -- easily done from your desktop.

I've had to do this a few times way back when, and I have no more issues (I use Loony Loon).

Good luck,
Pete

Vittorio

« Reply #17 on: 29 Jul 2016, 11:29 am »
Problem solved! I contacted Gary Dayton, after making a screen sharing pointed out to me that the problem had to be in the modem which was blocking access to the Internet. I contacted my fixed-line operator that re-established the internet connection of the BDP-1.

Thank you all for your contributions and suggestions!

Cheers,
Vittorio

vonnie123

« Reply #18 on: 30 Jul 2016, 06:59 pm »
Awesome.  :D