..the next 3 months are bound to be the longest 3 months of my life

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2014, 04:58 pm by es347 »

es347

• Facilitator
Buddy, I suggest you bring 'em in through the back and not through the stairs. They are a LOT larger and heavier than they look  :thumb:

I plan to hire some guys that our local dealer uses to move the big stuff.  I'm going to have them come out and take my 5s to the dealer and when the 9s come in, have them moved...very carefully, to the lower level.  We have an attached carriage house/garage with a breezeway with outdoor stairs leading to the lower level.  The big fellas will not be going down the inside stairway.  Good point Jack...thanks for the feedback, something I always value!

es347

• Facilitator
Gavin, more congrats on the 9's !  With my 100's, I found that the key to a successful installation, as far as getting them into the room and uncrating, is to use pros who know what they're doing.  I hired a piano moving company used by orchestras as well as by Steinway.  Now it's my turn to ask for photos.

Thanks Bob!  I have a local dealer who has agreed to come out to the hinterlands and pick them up.  He will be showing them in one of his rooms.  My dealer has recommended hiring a local piano mover that he uses to get the 9s down to our lower level....woo hoo!

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
Congratulations with your purchase of the VR9's! :D
3 months waiting is indeed a long time, but what the hell... As soon as you have them it doesn't matter anymore.

Best regards,

Jean

es347

• Facilitator
Congratulations with your purchase of the VR9's! :D
3 months waiting is indeed a long time, but what the hell... As soon as you have them it doesn't matter anymore.

Best regards,

Jeanx

You betcha!  Thanks..

stereo5

• Current System
Congratulations on your purchase.  3 months is a long time and I doubt I could wait that long because I am a very impatient person.  Best of luck and be sure to post pictures once you get them.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
G, congratulations on your purchase, I'm jazzed for you!!  What color did you decide on?  I'm sure they'll just disappear in your room!  It was love at first site when I first heard the 9's with the Dartzeel's at CES, several years ago.  Jack

es347

• Facilitator
Hey Jack...Albert says the silver color that we prefer is actually a Lexus paint with clear coat.  Although we still like piano black, we are ready to go with something different hence the silver.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Its going to be beautiful G!  Hang in!

JackD201

Without giving away too much, Rodney is out west right beside a PGA Tour Stadium Course  :wink: The man has a great wine collection to go with his great music collection  :thumb:

es347

• Facilitator
..and me in a midwest flyover state...sigh  :cry:

Holli82

Where is out this way Rodney?

I'm sorry….I'm in Las Vegas.  Jack knows the way.

JackD201

I know the fastest way to and fro: Ride with Rodney!  :icon_twisted:

es347

• Facilitator
I know the fastest way to and fro: Ride with Rodney!  :icon_twisted:

..ok I'll bite, what does sir Rodney drive?  :scratch:  By the way, my favorite Lexus silver for the 9s is no more.  Pam has said in no uncertain terms that the piano black like we have on our 5s is the color...no ifs ands or buts!...oh darn piano black VR9SE MKIIs  :duh: :lol:
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2014, 06:08 pm by es347 »

es347

• Facilitator
I’ve gotten a few PM’s wanting to know what I paid for the custom VR-9SE MK2s I just ordered.  Nowadays VSA has a local dealer who does the actual sale so Albert hooked me up with him.  I ended up getting a discount...maybe not what I had hoped for but...c'est la vie.  Yes we all know about the pair that's on the market...and for less $$...blah blah blah..whatever.  However...I wouldn't have gotten exactly what I wanted.  Since I intend to die with these bad boys I want the proper color...some different capacitors...made by Deulund...drool.  If you're going to drop this kind of coin on anything ya best stretch the extra mile and get exactly what ya want...right?

gammajo

Been on the road in Vegas and missed your news. I am delighted for you - know they have been a dream for you for a long time. Bet they be be even better than expected in terms of life long satisfaction. Going to sell your subs? :icon_lol:

Big Red Machine

Congratulations on a wonderful purchase!  Many of us will live vicariously through you and your upcoming audio journey.

:wave:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
What's MSRP on these?

es347

• Facilitator
MSRP I think is $90 or $100K?  Not sure really...anyone care to jump in here?

JackD201

When people ask me what I spent I always answer "I forgot".  I learned that from someone very close and dear. It keeps me safe from someone even closer and dearer!  :lol: :lol: :lol: