My Detailed Skylan Stand Review

rebbi

My Detailed Skylan Stand Review
« on: 25 Nov 2015, 02:09 am »
Hi, Gang,

I've finally posted my review of the Skylan four-post stands that I bought for use with my Super Alnico monitors. The review features detailed unboxing and assembly photos.

Enjoy!

jonbee

Re: My Detailed Skylan Stand Review
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2015, 04:05 am »
I got a pair when I bought my latest speakers. They are well made, made of some synthetic material, not metal or wood. The 4 post design is a great feature. They are pretty stiff, not as stiff as all welded steel, but they are pretty inert as well. I'm pleased with them. Given the price of all welded 4 post stands, which I prefer, I think these are a pretty reasonable alternative.

rebbi

« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2015, 02:53 pm »
I got a pair when I bought my latest speakers. They are well made, made of some synthetic material, not metal or wood. The 4 post design is a great feature. They are pretty stiff, not as stiff as all welded steel, but they are pretty inert as well. I'm pleased with them. Given the price of all welded 4 post stands, which I prefer, I think these are a pretty reasonable alternative.

Does anyone even make four-post, all welded metal stands anymore?

johzel

« Reply #3 on: 25 Nov 2015, 03:06 pm »
I have a pair of Skylan 4-post stands (with Q-Bricks) sitting by me waiting for their new monitors to arrive sometime today.  I've owned any number of stands and can say for the price these are extremely worthwhile stands - mass loaded mine with "rice".  Still have about 30 pounds left if anyone is hungry  :thumb:  Noel was great to work with - the stands arrived with impressive packaging and easy to follow directions.