SqeezePad / Squeezebox connectivity problems

Jazzman53

• Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
    • Jazzman's Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
SqeezePad / Squeezebox connectivity problems
« on: 29 Jun 2011, 09:43 am »
I'm using a SB Touch with SqueezePad and Squeezebox Server, all wireless.  Everything was working fine until I replaced my laptop PC.  I downloaded Squeezebox Server to the new laptop and now SqueezePad cant find SB Server and Touch can't connect to PC.  I've reloaded SB Server and rebooted the router and Touch to no avail.  Any advice is appreciated!
Jazzman 

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: SqeezePad / Squeezebox connectivity problems
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2011, 11:20 am »
I use a similar setup, Duet wired from Router that my laptop serves and is controlled by ipeng software via wifi from an ipod touch. So some little box somewhere on the new laptop is checked off when it shouldn't be or the other way around....I feel your pain!!  ...OK check the forums if there are any for your specific app on the ipod. Ask the same question over at the forums logitech/squeezebox support has...I'll dig up the link for ya.

Does Squeezepad have a settings menu you can access from the ipod touch?? If yes, look in there for anything that may present a clue, opening a specific "port" etc... and tell us what you can about things in that that can be changed....gotta start somewhere.

Have you rerun the install or setup part of the SB Touch?? I would think something in there would help you out.......looking for the forum link....

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2011, 12:59 pm »
This is logitech's:
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Squeezebox-Players/bd-p/squeezeboxplayers

I'm still looking for slim devices or the server forums...anybody else have it??

lcrim

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2011, 01:18 pm »
If the laptop has internet connectivity then it and the router are connected. 
If the foregoing is true then you can hold the power button in on the Touch until it displays the message  that it is returning to factory specs.  Then when it restarts, answer the setup questions and by opening "My Music" it should connect to Squeeze Box Server.
Is SBS and the music database on the new laptop?  I am allergic to Apple devices but there should be a way for Ipeng to find your wireless network and then it will look for SBS and the music database. 

Larry

lcrim

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2011, 01:31 pm »
I just saw Ed's post above, and the forum is @ http://forums.slimdevices.com/
They will probly want to know your network addresses to help troubleshoot. 
You can find leased address that your WiFi card has by clicking on the laptop's start Icon and asking for the Command Prompt at All Programs down at the bottom.  This will open a DOS box and if you type ipconfig there it will tell you the IP address of the laptop on your home network.  The lowest number on that network should be your router's internal address.
Larry

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2011, 05:43 pm »
Larry...thanks, thats good for me to know as some day I'll have a touch, and Jazzman just sustitute your app Squeezepad for Larry's reference to ipeng and see where all that great info takes you...let us know......  :thumb:

wilbert-vanbakel

• Photoshopped Smile
    • On Facebook
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jun 2011, 12:02 am »
Did you configure a static IP address?

Jazzman53

• Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
    • Jazzman's Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jun 2011, 01:33 am »
Yes, the IP address was the problem.  I've got everything working now,