Wall Mounting a front ported Song Center

Kruz

Wall Mounting a front ported Song Center
« on: 17 Feb 2014, 02:09 am »
Hello,

I was hoping to get some suggestions for wall mounting a front ported Song Center.  The longish depth (10.5") is posing me some problems finding mounts I can use.  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks

Will2

Re: Wall Mounting a front ported Song Center
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2014, 02:42 am »
You may want to get in touch with this member who seems to have found a solution ...... http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=123782.msg1304521;topicseen#new

R Swerdlow

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2014, 03:57 am »
I know of another guy who made a wall mount for his SongCenter.  He built an in-wall equipment rack and used computer keyboard tray hardware to make a sliding platform for the center speaker.  I'm not sure why he wanted to make the platform retractable, but it looks cool.

Ask Alex2507 at Audioholics for more info about what he did.  He has lots more photos of the job while it was in progress.

« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2014, 02:24 pm by R Swerdlow »

CMYKjill

« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2014, 10:28 pm »
Oh yeah, I see why you were asking. I was looking for some sort of cabinet or stand to put the center channel into or on. Jim suggested having it free floating with a French cleat attaching it to the wall. I had installers do all the work in the attic and run the wires down the wall. They did an amazing job with the installation.