Picture Food Needed

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #120 on: 4 Jun 2010, 07:41 am »
Mmmmm, I see what you mean, I guess I must have done something wrong  :oops:

You can actually upload them to the forum. The images will get resized to an acceptable size, and won't vanish after a few months, because photobucket removes them after a while, or changes the path so that they cannot be found anymore.
Click on the little picture button (below the B for bold button, and above the :D) and a window will pop up.

Vipers

« Reply #121 on: 4 Jun 2010, 05:59 pm »
Thanks for the tip, now amended to a far more respectable size  :)

Vipers

« Reply #122 on: 4 Jun 2010, 06:01 pm »
Awesome, great gear and rack!
what cart is that, I can't make it out? It's too small :lol: :thumb:

The cart is an Ortofon Rondo Red, reasonably cheap but it sounds lovely  :)

Vipers

« Reply #123 on: 4 Jun 2010, 06:03 pm »
Vipers out of curiosity how is your TT plugged.

Let us know

Regards Robert

Hi Robert, sorry, but When you say 'Plugged' do you mean via RCA's into the BP26MC?

Robert D

« Reply #124 on: 6 Jun 2010, 10:56 am »
Vipers I did not realize that your BP26 was the MC version  :thumb:
I was looking for the BP1.5 Phono Stage

Robert

Gustavo

« Reply #125 on: 7 Jun 2010, 02:24 am »
This is my picture food. Bryston and others.

Ryanz

« Reply #126 on: 7 Jun 2010, 02:32 am »
Very nice Gustavo! :drool:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #127 on: 7 Jun 2010, 05:28 am »
I agree. Awesome system.

Robert D

« Reply #128 on: 7 Jun 2010, 11:32 am »
Very Nice   :drool: :thumb: :eyebrows:

Robert

BrysTony

« Reply #129 on: 7 Jun 2010, 01:01 pm »
Very nice -- What is the brand of the component rack you are using?
Tony

Gustavo

« Reply #130 on: 7 Jun 2010, 02:11 pm »
Very nice -- What is the brand of the component rack you are using?
Tony

The rack it is a Sound Organization, I have been told by the local dealer that the brand no longer exist, but I can`t confirm that. The rack and the entire system survived the recent big earthquake in Chile, so I really trust in the solidity of the rack.

Thanks to all for the congratulations.

The next component should be BDP-1 :D
« Last Edit: 7 Jun 2010, 04:46 pm by Gustavo »

vegasdave

« Reply #131 on: 7 Jun 2010, 08:12 pm »
You're welcome. Sounds good.

Vipers

« Reply #132 on: 7 Jun 2010, 09:56 pm »
Lovely looking setup Gustavo, those Tannoys really do look gorgeous  :D

vegasdave

« Reply #133 on: 7 Jun 2010, 11:05 pm »
I second that.

Viajero5000

« Reply #134 on: 8 Jun 2010, 11:43 am »
Hola Gustavo, que sistema muy chulo!

I have been half thinking of getting a pair of Tannoys paired with some Manley Neo-Classic 250 amps.  It's quite interesting to see that you have them set up with Bryston amplification.  Can you tell us a bit about how the speakers and amp synergise? What is the sound like (strengths and weaknesses?) If you've driven the speakers with any tube gear, a comparison would be quite useful, thank you.

Gustavo

« Reply #135 on: 8 Jun 2010, 02:23 pm »
Hola Gustavo, que sistema muy chulo!

I have been half thinking of getting a pair of Tannoys paired with some Manley Neo-Classic 250 amps.  It's quite interesting to see that you have them set up with Bryston amplification.  Can you tell us a bit about how the speakers and amp synergise? What is the sound like (strengths and weaknesses?) If you've driven the speakers with any tube gear, a comparison would be quite useful, thank you.

Gracias por tus felicitaciones. Thank you all for the congratulations, probably my photo camera is not that bad  :D :D

And yes I have been testing the tannoys with tubes, Sonic Frontiers Power 2 was the one, I have it for more than a year using it with this tannoys and other smaller speakers (Tannoy DC3 and Sonus Faber Concertino domus), but recently it was sold, very good amplifier.

The push pull SF Power 2 give a very good sound in the middle range, glorious and full bodied vocals, with very good bass and silky treble, just perfect  for jazz and some pop (music with few instruments), but the problem was classical music, big orchestras compositions (Bethoveen for example) are one of my favorite and the Power 2 or any other tube setup I have been listening to is able to give the necessary dynamic, drama, instruments separations and overall fidelity in the timbre of instruments, sometimes tubes are just not sounding right to me when I hear classical music, all the rest is ok. Every time I listen orchestral music with tubes I just want to sleep, as you can figure out I`m more music orientated than only audiophile. The best tubes I have listen to are some SETs (2A3, 6C33CB, stay away from only mid range 300B), but they need unrealistic speaker sensitivity for today market, I can`t have a pair of big horns in my living room, I have wife  :D :nono:

The sound using bryston with tannoy is it just outstanding for classical music, with the appropriate warming time the Brystons can give me the dynamic, soundstage and drama of a big orchestra with the entertaining I was looking for, and also giving me the full silky fidelity of the instruments, I can distinguish a violin from a viola, no other similar priced SS or tube amplifier I have tested can give me that, so the choice was clear. Also the tannoy with their Dual concentric can give a very accurate phase, something very important for acoustic instruments.

Of course the sound I have is not only due to bryston gear, I extensively used many brands of cables IC, speaker and power that gives me the sound I want.

I use XLR only silver cables for the Interconnections (Kimber select, Audioquest Niagara), power cables are acrolink with furutech rodium and iego gold connectors for the Cd player, Iego and same connectors for the preamplifier, Shunyata Coperhead for the 4B and a PS audio Quintet, all power cables are not as expensive as most think, the first two were assembled by myself saving some money.  Speaker cables are the next upgrade (thinking in Plus analysis Oval 8 biwire) but for the moment I have Audioquest Gibraltar with good results. The analog part of the chain it is still in matching process.

The only weaknesses I found in the sound are some thickness in some vocals of some recordings due to Dual concentric design and some forwardness in middle high due to Gibraltar cable (I tested other cables without this problem). Also the bass is not as good as I can have due to some space limitations, after all is it not an acoustically conditioned room, just my living room.

Hope this can give my own answer to your question.
« Last Edit: 8 Jun 2010, 08:08 pm by Gustavo »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #136 on: 8 Jun 2010, 09:35 pm »
GREAT COMMENTS Gustavo :thumb:

james

Viajero5000

« Reply #137 on: 9 Jun 2010, 05:35 pm »
Hi Gustavo, that's a great write up, very informative indeed, and your experiences are broadly similar to mine.  It's quite interesting to see the results of your cabling experiments; did the power cables make a material difference in your experience?

Hififreak

• www.brystonheritage.com
    • www.hififreaks.nl
« Reply #138 on: 9 Jun 2010, 09:39 pm »

Adam Audio Tensor Gamma.   :drool:

Viajero5000

« Reply #139 on: 9 Jun 2010, 10:02 pm »
that is a serious pair of speakers Hififreak :thumb:  have you purchased them or are they in for a demo?

Is that the fully active or the partially active version?