Diablo~500 Info: Price, Features, Specs and Pictures

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
Re: Diablo~500 Info: Price, Features, Specs and Pictures
« Reply #20 on: 28 Dec 2013, 01:26 am »
One black Diablo~500 remains!

Stupid good deal at $1,200 shipped!!

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: 29 Dec 2013, 08:41 pm »
Price reduced to $1,000 on the last Diablo~500.

Making room for new stuff :) :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 31 Dec 2013, 06:28 am »
Here is a write up from Scott over at Audio Aficionado. His MC252 is now for sale  :thumb:

Well, here's my long-overdue praise for the Diablo 500. I purchased one of the few remaining pieces in November. When I first read about the Diablo I was captivated by the clean look, the attention to detail in the design and execution of the casework, and slim size of this amplifier. So often I have read posts here from people who made a change to their system in the interest of trying something new, and I suddenly found myself in the same position- here was an amplifier that captured my attention! I never thought I would be interested in moving along from my McIntosh MC252, but "never say never!" (PS- look for a great deal on used Mac here soon).

All of the above was exacerbated when I emailed Matt, and he told me they had built one unit with a burgundy red finish, naturally I requested a photo. Matt quickly responded with a series of photos (see below). Not only had the Aluminati produced a sweet piece of kit, they had made a one-off piece, how could I resist?

One last piece to the puzzle- my system uses subwoofers with built-in electronic crossover's, so my amplifier is not reproducing the lowest octaves of the musical spectrum. One of the defining characteristics of McIntosh amplifiers is their ability to reproduce deep and musical bass while controlling the woofers on a full-range speaker system, and I was not utilizing that capability of the MC252 in my system. I felt the Diablo 500 would drive my monitors well, and that I would not be sacrificing anything in the deep bass by making this change.

When the Diablo 500 arrived I was immediately struck by the solidity of the amp/casework- I know it's machined out of a solid aluminum block, but it still feels like a solid piece of metal. I can imagine that the rigidity of the chassis adds to the sonic character of the amp. The finish is smooth as silk, the fit of the top is of high tolerance, and the red color of my unit is stunning.

As for the sound, I gave the Diablo 500 a couple of weeks to break-in, and then began to listen with a critical ear. The sonic presentation is clear, dimensional, detailed and musical, with a sense of transparency that I love. Most telling to me, is that shortly after these qualities became apparent to me, I purchased a new digital coax cable from a fellow AA member, because I knew that with the Diablo in my system I would benefit greatly from a better cable between my Oppo and Gungnir. I have had to wait another couple of weeks for the cable to settle in, and the net effect in my system is a quality of musical presentation that leaves me entering 2014 a very happy listener!

All of this to say, the Aluminati Diablo 500 is a sweet amp, as well-built as anything you'll ever own, and a limited-edition piece worth owning.

The very last Diablo~500 in black is still available!!

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 8 Feb 2014, 10:08 pm »
All 5 Diablo~500's have been sold.

We are currently testing and listening to a new class D board (non Ice Power).

Best,
Matt and Jas