Gregg Straley's Reality Cables

herrydp

Re: Gregg Straley's Reality Cables
« Reply #60 on: 9 Jan 2009, 01:30 am »
Pls advise on how to order Gregg Speaker Cables because I have sent the inquiry to his email but until now there is no response from him.

Or maybe there is other email addres than what it showed in his website?

Thanks.

Herry

wilsynet

« Reply #61 on: 9 Jan 2009, 02:05 am »
He's been pretty good about responding to me in the past, although I haven't exchanged email with him in about 3 months.  You might want to send him another email or giving him a call.

TJHUB

« Reply #62 on: 28 May 2010, 10:18 pm »
I just received a pair of Reality Cable speaker wires.  I've been bouncing through some speaker cables trying to find the right ones.  It seems that most cables do something good that makes you want that sound, but then they do something bad that makes you move on.

Until today, my favorite overall speaker cables are the ones I made using Belden 10awg wire terminated with locking bananas.  I've only been listening to the RC's for just over and hour now and they really sound fantastic.  The more tracks I listen to, the more I realize just what these cables are doing. 

They sound very balanced across the entire audio spectrum, not increasing or decreasing the treble, midrange, or bass.  They are very clear sounding which has increased the transparency of my setup.  The imaging is much more precise and there is more separation.  One thing that I really notice is that I don't have to strain to hear even the smallest details and they throw nothing in my face.  Amazing...

It took a long time for me to pull the trigger on what I thought would be my dream cables.  When I got them last week, they just didn't work at all.  They did some things better that made me want to continue my search.  I decided after reading this thread that I should give Reality Cables a try.  I contacted Gregg, who is a very cool guy and great to deal with.  Right now, I think that's the best thing I've done in while. 

drphoto

« Reply #63 on: 28 May 2010, 10:54 pm »
Gregg is a great guy. I not only own and love his cables, but he has taken a lot of his time to advise me on many things audio. He hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Hope I can meet him in person down the road.

TJHUB

« Reply #64 on: 28 May 2010, 10:56 pm »
Gregg is a great guy. I not only own and love his cables, but he has taken a lot of his time to advise me on many things audio. He hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Hope I can meet him in person down the road.

I too have had some great email communication with him.  I'm also only growing to appreciate these speaker cables.  They are truly VERY good!

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #65 on: 29 May 2010, 12:29 am »
Went through several speaker cables prior to Gregg's!  A friend (Rydenfan) told me over 2 years ago what to buy (Reality) and I didn't listen.

Glad I finally did, great cables, great information.

They do make the KEFs sing much better than any of the others I've tried.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #66 on: 29 May 2010, 12:45 am »
I just received a pair of Reality Cable speaker wires.  I've been bouncing through some speaker cables trying to find the right ones.  It seems that most cables do something good that makes you want that sound, but then they do something bad that makes you move on.

Until today, my favorite overall speaker cables are the ones I made using Belden 10awg wire terminated with locking bananas.  I've only been listening to the RC's for just over and hour now and they really sound fantastic.  The more tracks I listen to, the more I realize just what these cables are doing. 

They sound very balanced across the entire audio spectrum, not increasing or decreasing the treble, midrange, or bass.  They are very clear sounding which has increased the transparency of my setup.  The imaging is much more precise and there is more separation.  One thing that I really notice is that I don't have to strain to hear even the smallest details and they throw nothing in my face.  Amazing...

It took a long time for me to pull the trigger on what I thought would be my dream cables.  When I got them last week, they just didn't work at all.  They did some things better that made me want to continue my search.  I decided after reading this thread that I should give Reality Cables a try.  I contacted Gregg, who is a very cool guy and great to deal with.  Right now, I think that's the best thing I've done in while.

I've been using his speaker cables for 3 years straight now and just had a pair of jumpers made to go from my passive crossover boxes to the speaker. The internal wiring for the speaker is also Reality, it just takes a real hot soldering iron to make sure the connection is secure without cold joints.

Anand.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #67 on: 29 May 2010, 06:56 am »
Greg is also a member here....

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=profile;u=38328

You could send him a PM.... :thumb: