Gregg Straley's Reality Cables

arthurs

Re: Gregg Straley's Reality Cables
« Reply #40 on: 17 Jun 2008, 02:51 am »
The arrow should point towards your speaker....

low.pfile

« Reply #41 on: 17 Jun 2008, 06:59 am »
KBUZZ

The arrow on cable is direction of signal flow. from amp toward speaker.

kyrill

« Reply #42 on: 17 Jun 2008, 08:57 am »
--
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2008, 10:07 am by kyrill »

Toka

« Reply #43 on: 18 Jun 2008, 02:37 am »
Any relation between the RC's and THHN wire?

low.pfile

« Reply #44 on: 18 Jun 2008, 03:55 am »
Any relation between the RC's and THHN wire?

that would be interesting, since PVC is the anathema of audiophilia.

sanlanman

« Reply #45 on: 16 Oct 2008, 06:49 pm »
Any update. Are all of you still using the Reality speaker cables?

mcullinan

« Reply #46 on: 16 Oct 2008, 06:51 pm »
yup really real stuff.
Mike

bluemike

« Reply #47 on: 16 Oct 2008, 07:22 pm »
Greg's cables are da bomb  :drool:
Bi wired they're even better

groovybassist

« Reply #48 on: 16 Oct 2008, 08:27 pm »
I use 'em between a Nait5i and SP Tech Mini's - great cables.

-Mike

vett93

« Reply #49 on: 3 Dec 2008, 01:52 am »
What's the difference between their SS and tube ICs? Has anyone compared the two versions?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 3 Dec 2008, 04:40 am by vett93 »

rydenfan

« Reply #50 on: 12 Dec 2008, 03:45 am »

My speakers are KEF Reference speakers are tri-wired and my new Plinius amp has two sets of speaker terminals per channel in order to double the current if you wish. So I had Gregg build my a single run which I will run from one of the terminals directly to the woofer input of my speaker. He also built me a bi-wired set that will run from the other amp terminal to the mid and tweeter inputs of my speaker. That is a whole bunch of Reality Cable  :thumb: My amp also has 100A peak current per channel. The cables are due to arrive tomorrow so I am pretty exited to hear how this will sound  :D

arthurs

« Reply #51 on: 12 Dec 2008, 03:48 am »

My speakers are KEF Reference speakers are tri-wired and my new Plinius amp has two sets of speaker terminals per channel in order to double the current if you wish. So I had Gregg build my a single run which I will run from one of the terminals directly to the woofer input of my speaker. He also built me a bi-wired set that will run from the other amp terminal to the mid and tweeter inputs of my speaker. That is a whole bunch of Reality Cable  :thumb: My amp also has 100A peak current per channel. The cables are due to arrive tomorrow so I am pretty exited to hear how this will sound  :D

Now that's a man gearing up for some time off and serious listening chair duty... :thumb:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #52 on: 12 Dec 2008, 03:55 am »

Now that's a man gearing up for some time off and serious listening chair duty... :thumb:

He certainly is!  :thumb:

So Ryden, what song are you going to play first?

Just curious, & have fun,
Jerry

bluemike

« Reply #53 on: 12 Dec 2008, 04:03 am »

Let us know how they sound

kyrill

« Reply #54 on: 12 Dec 2008, 06:45 am »
you will be content
but they need some break in time

rydenfan

« Reply #55 on: 12 Dec 2008, 01:44 pm »

YUP  :thumb: one more week of work and then two weeks off.

rydenfan

« Reply #56 on: 12 Dec 2008, 01:53 pm »

He certainly is!  :thumb:

So Ryden, what song are you going to play first?

Just curious, & have fun,
Jerry

It is hard to say what the exact first song will be after I run the Isotek system enhancer disc for a bit (lame I know, but it really helps). The first couple songs will be:

1. Just like a Star by Corinne Bailey Rae used to check vocal reproduction and bass depth and weight.
2. Miami Gato by Medeski, Martin, & Wood used primarily for piano and drum reproduction as well as spacing and attack of instruments.
3. Another Brick in the Wall Pt.2 by Pink Floyd used to check guitar reproduction but also when the chorus kicks in and both Roger Waters is singing and the group of kids there is an incredible spacing and 3-D soundstage and image that can be created.
4. The Island-Come & See/The Landlord’s Daughter/You’ll Not Feel The Drowning  by the Decemberists this is a very tough track because it contains a full band with tons of ambient sounds as well as just Collin and an acoustic guitar so it runs a full range of a system.

Hope that gives you an Ok idea.

kenl

« Reply #57 on: 28 Dec 2008, 02:45 pm »
Does anybody know if Greg had a limited edition of his speaker cable?

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #58 on: 28 Dec 2008, 02:56 pm »
he does have another cable but i was told by gregg that he does not advertise it because it seems to work with some amps and some it doesn't.  so not being sure which amps it will work with it's hard to push.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #59 on: 28 Dec 2008, 03:46 pm »
I'm by no means an authority on Gregg's magic cables, but I'll relate my experience.

In building my system, I accumulated several pairs of Gregg's standard (to me) red XLR IC's and speakers cables. On his own, he said he would ship me a pair of WHITE speaker cables with which other owners had reported favorably on with their Spectron digital amps.

These white speaker cables were bigger and stiffer than the red ones and I readily adopted them for use with my Spectron amp and SP Tech mini's.

Gene