XDC•2S Now Available!

CIAudio

XDC•2S Now Available!
« on: 19 Mar 2007, 10:19 pm »
The new XDC•2S(Euro version) AC Enhancing Filter is now available!

denjo

Re: XDC•2S Now Available!
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2007, 10:25 am »
Hi Dusty
My unit has arrived but I was surprised to learn that the Euro version uses IEC out instead of Hubbels! It now means that I have to buy not one but TWO Black Sand cables with the specially terminated plugs to fit the Euro version. Could I request for the Hubbel out for the Euro versions as well? All my other line conditioners (Hydra-6 and Power Wedge) use the Hubbel out and I find this more suitable, especially when I am buying cables or simply wish to swop existing cables. Please help!!!

Best Regards
Dennis

CIAudio

« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2007, 01:36 pm »
My unit has arrived but I was surprised to learn that the Euro version uses IEC out instead of Hubbels! It now means that I have to buy not one but TWO Black Sand cables with the specially terminated plugs to fit the Euro version. Could I request for the Hubbel out for the Euro versions as well? All my other line conditioners (Hydra-6 and Power Wedge) use the Hubbel out and I find this more suitable, especially when I am buying cables or simply wish to swop existing cables. Please help!!!

The standard XDC•2 (Hubbell version) will also work with 240v but will not meet CE due to the 120v outlets. We have had good results using the Volex 17525 with XDC•2S.

http://volexpowercords.com/power_cords/powercord2.cgi?view=17525&catagory=3_conductor_plastic_detachable&area=other&mfgloc=&partnumber=&userid=

denjo

« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2007, 01:16 am »
Hi Dusty

Thanks for your quick reply despite the stress of moving premises. I really appreciate your stellar customer service!
I understand what you are saying, particularly the point about compliance with CE requirements. However, Singapore does not follow the CE certification but has its own standards. I believe that the Hubbells would conform with our laws and regulations. I have several audio components bought locally which have the Hubbell outputs.
Can I request to have the Hubbell outputs, please?  :D There is really no point having the European version. You might want to bear this mind for supplies to Singapore (and Malaysia).

Many thanks!

Best regards
Dennis

CIAudio

« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2007, 01:19 am »
The standard XDC•2 (Hubbell version) will also work with 240v but will not meet CE due to the 120v outlets. We have had good results using the Volex 17525 with XDC•2S.

Correction, we have been using the Volex 17625 (not 17525).
The 17625 is the shielded version of 17525.

http://volexpowercords.com/power_cords/powercord2.cgi?view=17625&catagory=3_conductor_plastic_detachable&area=other&mfgloc=&partnumber=&userid=

CIAudio

« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2007, 01:24 am »
Can I request to have the Hubbell outputs, please?   There is really no point having the European version. You might want to bear this mind for supplies to Singapore (and Malaysia).

Yes, if you are in a non-European 220-240v country, you can order the standard XDC•2.
Make sure to specify this when ordering from your dealer as we ship XDC•2S as standard policy to 220-240v countries unless specifically stated.

DSK

« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2007, 03:06 am »
Hi Dusty,
Could you please advise the cost of the standard (Hubbels) XDC-2, and S/H to Melbourne, Australia? Also, am I correct in assuming that there is no isolation between the 2 outlets on the XDC-2?

Sorry to ask here, but the info is not available on the website and there was no response to my e-mail.
Many Thanks, Darren.

CIAudio

« Reply #7 on: 18 Apr 2007, 04:29 am »
Could you please advise the cost of the standard (Hubbels) XDC-2, and S/H to Melbourne, Australia? Also, am I correct in assuming that there is no isolation between the 2 outlets on the XDC-2?

Sorry to ask here, but the info is not available on the website and there was no response to my e-mail.

The outlets each have their own circuit (isolated from each other).
By special order, we can also put them in parallel (non-isolated).

Hmmm...I don't see any emails from you...try again at dusty@ciaudio.com, info@ciaudio.com, or send a PM here on the forum for shipping costs, etc.

DSK

« Reply #8 on: 18 Apr 2007, 05:26 am »

The outlets each have their own circuit (isolated from each other).
By special order, we can also put them in parallel (non-isolated).

Hmmm...I don't see any emails from you...try again at dusty@ciaudio.com, info@ciaudio.com, or send a PM here on the forum for shipping costs, etc.
Thanks Dusty, have sent PM as suggested.

OK, so if we plug a CD player and a pre-amp into the XDC-2 outlets, any grunge from the digital CD player won't reach the pre-amp? If that is the case, you might want to state this on your website as it is an important feature.

CIAudio

« Reply #9 on: 18 Apr 2007, 02:58 pm »
They are not completely isolated as they share the same AC source, but are individually filtered to achieve what you describe.

Most marketing claims of isolation simply mean there are seperate filter circuits for the digital and analog outputs.

DSK

« Reply #10 on: 18 Apr 2007, 03:12 pm »
Thanks Dusty.