Any Issues Hooking up REL subwoofer to D200's?

tnewell

« on: 15 Jun 2006, 04:51 am »
Hi,

I was wondering if there any problems hooking up a REL Stadium III to the D 200's?

I assuming you would just hook up the positive & negative wires to one D200 and the other positive to other D200?

Thanks

Tom

CIAudio

« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2006, 05:14 am »
I was wondering if there any problems hooking up a REL Stadium III to the D 200's?

I assuming you would just hook up the positive & negative wires to one D200 and the other positive to other D200

There should be no problem, the amplifiers are common ground and do not have floating DC on their outputs. Just connect them as the REL manual suggests.

Robert57

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2006, 02:08 pm »
I am also interested in a REL-type sub connection and was assuming I could easily do some sort of a parrallel speaker post connection. Some amps make this easy by allowing both a bare wire (or spade) connection in addition to a banana plug connetion in the ends. From the photo on the CI website, I think I see a banana plug connection,  but I don't see the spade or bare wire screw .  

Dusty, could you elaborate a bit on how one would wire a parrallel sub connection on your posts. Do you offer any alternate posts which allow both bare wire (or spades) and banana plugs? I would rather not have to twist the bare wire and connect both sub and L-R speakers to one plug, just to maintain the best connections and flexibility in swapping cables.

Thanks.

Rob

CIAudio

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2006, 02:23 pm »
Dusty, could you elaborate a bit on how one would wire a parrallel sub connection on your posts. Do you offer any alternate posts which allow both bare wire (or spades) and banana plugs? I would rather not have to twist the bare wire and connect both sub and L-R speakers to one plug, just to maintain the best connections and flexibility in swapping cables

Our posts can accept spades(or bare wires) and also have banana jacks.