Re: 2015 Capitol Audio Fest attendance thread:
« Reply #40 on: 28 Aug 2015, 12:02 am »
See you guys on Sunday

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #41 on: 28 Aug 2015, 01:09 am »
Anyone still looking to get together Saturday for dinner? 

I cannot make it Friday, so everyone have fun that evening!

Yes Rich, a few of us are still planning a Saturday dinner.  Steve is going, I think Phil might, don't know.  Bigjpop wants in, bside123 is a maybe, perhaps a couple of others.  I figure six would be a good number for reservations.  Unless somebody vetoes it I'll see if we can get into La Brass around 7ish.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #42 on: 28 Aug 2015, 03:35 am »
Yes Rich, a few of us are still planning a Saturday dinner.  Steve is going, I think Phil might, don't know.  Bigjpop wants in, bside123 is a maybe, perhaps a couple of others.  I figure six would be a good number for reservations.  Unless somebody vetoes it I'll see if we can get into La Brass around 7ish.

Vetoed.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #43 on: 28 Aug 2015, 10:44 am »
I forgot to add, you have to offer a meaningful alternative or your veto doesn't count.  I found you a place that serves a nice steak, what's the problem?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #44 on: 28 Aug 2015, 03:49 pm »
Odyssey, Modwright, Daedalus and Salk from AC will be at the table.  It will be a hoot.  I will get them to share stories about some naughty customers.  You know who you are. 8)  We will shoot the breeze reminiscing the old days and old members, especially those who are no longer with us.  TCG and Gordy come to mind.  Lonewolf  too as he is going through a tough time.   We will toast to them all.  :wine:

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #45 on: 28 Aug 2015, 03:53 pm »
Odyssey, Modwright, Daedalus and Salk from AC will be at the table.  It will be a hoot.  I will get them to share stories about some naughty customers.  You know who you are. 8)  We will shoot the breeze reminiscing the old days and old members, especially those who are no longer with us.  TCG and Gordy comes to mind.  Lonewolf  too as he is going through a tough time.   We will toast to them all.  :wine:

Sounds like a great time to be had! Please take pics and if possible take video if Klaus starts telling stories.... :D

Phil A

« Reply #46 on: 28 Aug 2015, 03:54 pm »
You forgot Scott is at the table too

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #47 on: 28 Aug 2015, 03:58 pm »
You forgot Scott is at the table too

Scott is a great friend but not a manufacturer on AC.

Phil A

« Reply #48 on: 28 Aug 2015, 04:00 pm »
He manufactures things just not audio products :green:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #49 on: 28 Aug 2015, 05:38 pm »
Odyssey, Modwright, Daedalus and Salk from AC will be at the table.  It will be a hoot.  I will get them to share stories about some naughty customers.  You know who you are. 8)  We will shoot the breeze reminiscing the old days and old members, especially those who are no longer with us.  TCG and Gordy come to mind.  Lonewolf  too as he is going through a tough time.   We will toast to them all.  :wine:
That sounds like a very entertaining dinner. Hopefully, you will be in a room where you can actually hear each other. Some of the restaurants I've been in lately....... Seems like the ability to hold a conversation has not been a priority.

Take photos to share (eventually). I, for one, would love to be in on that conversation, but alas, that is definitely the wrong side of the Continent for me.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #50 on: 28 Aug 2015, 05:56 pm »
I talked to the manager.

We are getting a private room.  Klaus can dance on the table if he chooses -- they wouldn't let him at Shanahan's.

I have requested for at least 4 (off the menu) 36oz cowboy cuts. 

Let the good times roll! :beer: :wine: :drool: :rock:

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #51 on: 29 Aug 2015, 12:38 am »
Hope you guys are having a great time.  La Brasa doesn't take reservations, but they will have a six person table set up around 7.  So if there are other suggestions speak now, and probably right now considering the imminent shut down.

Phil A

« Reply #52 on: 1 Sep 2015, 02:15 pm »

The food fight did get slightly out of hand though:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #53 on: 1 Sep 2015, 02:49 pm »

vinyl_lady

« Reply #54 on: 1 Sep 2015, 05:08 pm »
That is an impressive gathering. Where are the dancing on the table pics?  :lol:

Phil A

« Reply #55 on: 1 Sep 2015, 06:39 pm »
That is an impressive gathering. Where are the dancing on the table pics?  :lol:

Those pics were a little racy for this site but here's one of Scott dancing at Rim's a couple of years back - he's quite a dancer:

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #56 on: 1 Sep 2015, 06:46 pm »
Sorry I missed the dinners - seems like a great time was had by all!  Thanks for all who stopped by our room though to say hello! 

Scottdazzle

« Reply #57 on: 2 Sep 2015, 02:09 pm »
Those pics were a little racy for this site but here's one of Scott dancing at Rim's a couple of years back - he's quite a dancer:

That photo must have been taken after a few glasses of adult beverages.  My reading glasses are strategically placed on top of my head.  The dog is Woodsyi's sweet Beauregard.

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #58 on: 2 Sep 2015, 02:56 pm »
We had a super time this past weekend at CAF...and was nice to meet the Mid-Atlantic "audiophile mafia" (some for the first time) :thumb: Dinner Friday night was a show by itself...great time, talk and food!

Thanks to everyone that attended, visited and spend some time with us at the Odyssey room. We had a ball... :thumb: :thumb:

Alex

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #59 on: 2 Sep 2015, 03:15 pm »

[img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll73/woodsyi/DSC00855.jpg[/imjg]
[/quote]

For those of us who have yet to have the pleasure, would someone put names to faces here, please? I recognize Klaus, Jim, Mary, Dennis, Scott , Phil A ... but the rest are a mystery and half of them look like convicts. Well, so does Phil A but that's besides the point.

Cheers,
KP