• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #2000 on: 9 Mar 2015, 11:37 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: 2015 CES Report

March 2015

Been a while since I posted here but just thought I'd share my experience, as I was able to go to the 2015 CES this year

A real shocker (closer to the realm of reality as far as price goes) was the Bryston Mini-T speaker.

These speakers are stand mount, IIRC they're 22" tall.

The sound radiating from these was absolutely stunning and very full range for a more compact loudspeaker, I believe they're about $3200 the pair.

Mattsk8

ED: - System on demo was:

Bryston 7B SST2 Mono Amplifiers
Bryston BP26 Preamp
Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player
Bryston BDA-2 DAC
Bryston Mini T Loudspeakers

gene9p

« Reply #2001 on: 10 Mar 2015, 01:16 pm »
SUBJECT: 2015 CES Report

March 2015

Been a while since I posted here but just thought I'd share my experience, as I was able to go to the 2015 CES this year

A real shocker (closer to the realm of reality as far as price goes) was the Bryston Mini-T speaker.

These speakers are stand mount, IIRC they're 22" tall.

The sound radiating from these was absolutely stunning and very full range for a more compact loudspeaker, I believe they're about $3200 the pair.

Mattsk8

ED: - System on demo was:

Bryston 7B SST2 Mono Amplifiers
Bryston BP26 Preamp
Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player
Bryston BDA-2 DAC
Bryston Mini T Loudspeakers

I would love to hear them.....especially now with the great experience I am having with the Mini A's..gotta get someone in NY to showcase them. I went to Lyric Hi Fi the other day. They are biggest audio store still around with 2 locations. When I spoke to the manager of the White Plains store who is a friend for many years, He had no clue Bryston was making speakers. James, you should contact them, even for a one day demonstration.  :green:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2002 on: 10 Mar 2015, 02:27 pm »
Hi Gene

They are not a Bryston dealer so as you say they would not be aware of our speakers but thanks for the endorsement !!!!!  :thumb:

james

gene9p

« Reply #2003 on: 12 Mar 2015, 01:06 pm »
Last night I removed the jumpers and Bi-wired the speakers. I would be hard pressed to say I heard any significant difference as the Mini A's are so detailed to begin with. There is a more noticeable difference when I did this with my 805 sig's. Since this is my normal set up , the wiring will stay this way. I can tell you that I am preferring the detailed sound of the Mini A 's over the smooth sound of the 805's. Maybe I have been listening to them too much..LOL.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2004 on: 12 Mar 2015, 01:09 pm »
Hi gene

Yes I bi-wire mine at home as well as my cables are set up that way also.

By the way did you purchase that pair or a new pair?

james

gene9p

« Reply #2005 on: 12 Mar 2015, 01:36 pm »
Still have the original pair.....Hard to decide since I got them at a great price because of the cabinet damage to the one speaker and they sound so great. I will be in touch with AA this week as it's about the time to return them or sell them privately. If you know of anyone who would be interested in them at 800 shipped via Fed Ex here in USA let me know. I will gladly show any and all photos of what the one speaker looked like and how it looks now after touch up. I assure you it sounds perfect or I would not consider selling them and just do a return. But I would like to give someone here a chance to own them and pass the savings along.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #2006 on: 15 Mar 2015, 10:43 am »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2007 on: 15 Mar 2015, 11:00 am »
http://www.hifi.nl/artikel/23105//Bryston-kondigt-Mini-A-luidspreker-aan.html

(Google translate is your friend)

Hi Anonamemouse

Thanks you for posting this - what price is $12,000 translated to USA funds please?

james

Marius

« Reply #2008 on: 15 Mar 2015, 11:30 am »
Must be a wrong quote James, MIniA are listed in this article for 12K american dollars.

Only proves Bryston needs to check its sales channel in the Netherlands, Ive already mailed Mafico several times to audition the ModelT, without any response whatsoever...
No mentioning of the speakers on their website either, nor in their pricelist.

Hope it gets better ...
Marius

Hi Anonamemouse

Thanks you for posting this - what price is $12,000 translated to USA funds please?

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2009 on: 15 Mar 2015, 12:00 pm »
Must be a wrong quote James, MIniA are listed in this article for 12K american dollars.

Only proves Bryston needs to check its sales channel in the Netherlands, Ive already mailed Mafico several times to audition the ModelT, without any response whatsoever...
No mentioning of the speakers on their website either, nor in their pricelist.

Hope it gets better ...
Marius

Thanks Marius

Yes talk about a WRONG price - Gee's

Should say $1200 a pair US.

james

« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2015, 02:10 pm by James Tanner »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2010 on: 17 Mar 2015, 01:58 am »
SUBJECT: Bryston SUBS

March 2015

Review of Bryston Model T Subs
3/16/15

I’ve seen lots of reviews and comments on Bryston’s fabulous loudspeaker line, however little on their subwoofers.

I was fortunate enough to acquire a full surround set of the Model T loudspeakers and a pair of model T subs all at once. The demo of the Middle T at CES 2014 just blew me away to the point that I just had to have the best Bryston had to offer. The subs in my system are driven by a Bryston SP3 processor with the crossover set at 80Hz. Connection is made with Wireworld Eclipse Series 7 balanced cables.

The Model T subwoofer is an amazing product that outperforms any other subwoofer I have heard as well as integrates perfectly with the speakers. The subs never stick out sonically. The DSP controlled built in amplifier provides what seems like limitless power without any hint of clipping. Yes, absolutely no clipping. It sits in the room looking and sounding very relaxed as it fills in the bottom end of any content. It will also rock your house with the most challenging movie.

Like the Bryston loudspeakers, they are comfortable playing at all volume levels while always seeming to ask for more. The transient response is quick and clean. The long sustained rumbles are handled gracefully. The only thing that is in question is if I should call a structural engineer to inspect the house someday.

If there are any ground loops in your system, there is a single screw that can be removed from the rear panel of the sub to disconnect the signal path from earth ground while maintaining the amplifier’s safety ground. This works perfectly, no hum is audible.

As I mentioned last year, the Bryston model T series exhibits everything that one might expect in fine loudspeakers:

•   Outstanding clarity, imaging, musicality, and sound staging
•   Ability to “disappear”; project sonic images far beyond the enclosures
•   Hear details that you have not heard before, even from source material you have     owned for decades (!)
•   Sound great at all volume levels
•   At ease with subtle content as well as those with large dynamics
•   Visually pleasing

If you are in the market for a fine subwoofer, you owe it to yourself to audition these.

Respectfully,
Marc Richman
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2015, 09:00 am by James Tanner »

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #2011 on: 17 Mar 2015, 09:51 pm »
James, congratulations on the very positive review above and on the accolades your speakers have received. I'm very interested in the Model Ts and subs. I'm using two Velodyne DD15s now, and the built-in EQ has been quite useful in my room. What are your recommendations on EQ for the Model T subs?

Cheerio,

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2012 on: 17 Mar 2015, 10:20 pm »
James, congratulations on the very positive review above and on the accolades your speakers have received. I'm very interested in the Model Ts and subs. I'm using two Velodyne DD15s now, and the built-in EQ has been quite useful in my room. What are your recommendations on EQ for the Model T subs?

Cheerio,

Rich

The means — Bryston SP3 | Bryston 6B-SST(C) - L/C/R; 4B-SST(C) - surrounds; 4B-SST(C) - rears | Bryston BDP-2 Digital Player; BDA-2 D/A Converter; Oppo BDP-105 | Paradigm Reference Signature S8 fronts; C5 center; ADP surrounds; S4 rears; two Velodyne DD15 subs | APC S20 | Pioneer Elite PRO-1130

Hi Rich

I am not a fan of EQ unless it is a final option given serious room issues - (many will disagree). 

IMO - Using multiple subs is a much better solution than EQ-ing a single sub.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2013 on: 18 Mar 2015, 10:55 am »
Hi Rich

Here's an example of how the frequency response evens out as you add more subs.

2 Subs

Bottom purple line is 1 Sub

3 Subs

Notice as you add Subs the dip in the frequency response fills in.

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #2014 on: 18 Mar 2015, 06:04 pm »
Thanks for the helpful info, James. I use two subs now, and the second made a huge difference. Can't wait to hear the Mr. T's.

Rich

gene9p

« Reply #2015 on: 19 Mar 2015, 12:52 pm »
 A little more experimenting with the Mini A's.Watched the Hunger Games Mocking Jay Part 1 with the Mini A's as the fronts and they were great. I then shut down all the other speakers including the sub, down mixed the soundtrack to stereo in my Oppo 103, set the fronts to large and used the Mini A's as 2 channel stereo playback of the movie. I used the FL and FR outputs of the Oppo directly into the JC2.The result was incredible. The sound and detail jumped out the speakers. Dialogue was perfect and never got lost considering all the other sounds coming from the speakers. It was so good and so much fun that I played more movies and each one was exciting. I had done this in the past with my 805's but they never sounded like this. I lastly put on Planes:Fire and Rescue that I just purchased for the grand kids and I could not turn it off. It was so good that it had me thinking what do I need all these other speakers for.LOL. The bass was so punchy that it was impossible to tell the sub was off. Every day these speakers continue to amaze me.  :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2016 on: 24 Mar 2015, 05:29 pm »
Hi Folks,

With all the positive reviews on the Bryston Middle T speakers I thought I would post these measurements as they represent what I feel is an excellent representation of our design philosophy on all our speakers.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/floor-standing-speakers/floor-standing-speakers-reviews/bryston-middle-t-floor-standing-speakers-review/page-4-on-the-bench.html

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2017 on: 28 Mar 2015, 07:15 am »
Hi James

You must be at the show , Bryston Mini A's  came in last night I just quickly set them up in my great room , before my wife came in ,,,

I m speechless ,,, !! The sound stage in these little speakers are amazing ,, I m only playing vocals now ,,, I will burn them more over weekend and move them ,,, will let u know very soon !! Here's is the picture.

Some how my kitchen cabinets and the speakers are identical in color ,,, they look really good ...

Ram

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2018 on: 29 Mar 2015, 11:46 am »
Bryston Mini-T sound = Holy shizzle, these are GREAT.

I received my Mini-T's last week. I set them up yesterday with my new Mc MC75's. I listened to them for 6 hours…..

All I can say is WOW. These speakers are awesome. The build quality is insane and the built in speaker pads and included spikes are just a bonus.

I'm shocked at how much bass these "little" speakers put out. Actually, I'm also shocked at the size. These are no bookshelf speakers. They feel as solid/dense as a rock. Magnetic grills are very cool (not sure why 2 for each speaker?).

I'm SO glad I choose these over the Klipsch. 

Huge problem….I want a pair of full size Model T's now! 

JWJW
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2015, 09:37 am by James Tanner »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2019 on: 31 Mar 2015, 08:40 am »
SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Speaker – First Impressions

March 2015

“Hi James:

A week of daily use with the Bryston Mini T's and I have some early observations.

First, they are among the lowest distortion, artefact free stand mount speakers I have ever used. Period.

(Driving them with a 130 WPC Sidaudio 760A Amp).  They are so precise, nimble, and dynamic, way beyond their price points. I usually hear these qualities with far more expensive products.

I feel the Mini Ts are bringing the music to me, just as live musicians would, with speed and clarity. The bass, as Jeff said, is just outrageously good.

This will be a very pleasurable review period.”

Andre Marc