LSAF...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
LSAF...
« on: 21 Mar 2012, 07:55 pm »
Just wanting to know who all will be at Lone Star Audio Fest this year.  May 4,5 and 6. 
http://lonestaraudiofest.com/ 

It is a fun time and very low pressure.  I'm looking forward to it and hope to see some of ya'll there.

Dave

The "Sucks to be me" edit:

I will not be there this weekend.  To say that I am bummed is an understatement.

The accident that I was in two weeks ago has screwed mightily with my plans and I just cannot justify going.  I am still restricted from driving and am on some pretty stiff meds, but the real reason is that the economics of the situation preclude me from spending the $$$ to go.

My recovery is going OK.  I start physical therapy next week.  I'm able to work, very slowly, but hey: that's not all that odd. :)  I just have to pace myself.  I am shipping product and the cable tour will ship late this week.  I'm very happy about this.

I'm just sad that I will not see many of you in Dallas this weekend... some for the first time.  God willing our time will come.

There will be some exciting things in Dallas this weekend.  I was looking forward to sharing in these.  That time will come.  Ther are some great things afoot, my friends.

See ya'll some other time.

<><

Dave
« Last Edit: 1 May 2012, 11:55 pm by dBe »

TrungT

Re: LSAF...
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2012, 08:30 pm »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2012, 10:45 pm »
Glad to see you're fully recovered. D.  Rock and roll!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2012, 10:46 pm »
I'll be there.  Dave, don't forget that you have a place to stay over in Abilene if you want to break up the trip from Albuquerque.

Scott

Audioclyde

« Reply #4 on: 21 Mar 2012, 11:13 pm »
I'm going to try and make it down from Tulsa!

Randy

FredT300B

« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2012, 10:10 am »
I'll be there with a fridge full of Texas-brewed adult beverages.  :thumb:

Brad

« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2012, 02:49 pm »
If anyone gets tired of Fred's herbal teas, I will have a fridge and cooler full of beer (mostly microbrews)..... :lol:

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2012, 06:10 am »
fred, i took it easy on you last year :thumb:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: 2 May 2012, 04:36 am »
If anyone gets tired of Fred's herbal teas, I will have a fridge and cooler full of beer (mostly microbrews)..... :lol:
Brad,  I'm gonna miss you.  I'll get together with you on the power cable in the next day or so.

I was really looking forward to hanging with the Texas Bunch - you guys are too much fun..

Dave

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #9 on: 2 May 2012, 04:43 am »
Sorry to hear that you won't make it Dallas this weekend, but after seeing a pic of those bruises of yours, I'm not surprised.  Just take it easy and we'll catch you at the next one.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #10 on: 2 May 2012, 05:07 pm »
Sorry to hear that you won't make it Dallas this weekend, but after seeing a pic of those bruises of yours, I'm not surprised.  Just take it easy and we'll catch you at the next one.
Ooooohhhhhh.  Sorry about the overshare on the picture.  Percoset made me do it!

The bruising is getting much better.  Slowly but surely everything is healing up.  The sternum is gonna be the tough one: broke it and tore all of the cartilage on one side.

I hope that you all have a great time.  Actually, I know that you will.  LSAF is a fun gig.  There is goning to be some cool nes gear there, I reckon.

Have a good time, Scott and tell 'em all "Hi" from the geezer.

Dave

morganc

« Reply #11 on: 7 May 2012, 01:47 am »
Hope you are feeling better Dave.    :thumb:

Brad

« Reply #12 on: 7 May 2012, 01:53 am »
Dave - based on the crowd all three days, "geezer" is not nearly specific enough  :lol:
Hope you are mending quickly - you were missed.