TOTAL REKALL - WOW!

John Casler

TOTAL REKALL - WOW!
« on: 17 Feb 2013, 07:39 pm »
While I have been avoiding this film because I thought it looked like a simple "reshoot" of the original with updated special effects, I am glad I got a chance to screen it the other night.

I use a service called VUDU and each day they have a 99 cent movie, and the other day it turned out to be Total Rekall with Colin instead of Arnold and Kate instead of Sharon.

Actually this worked OK for the Movie, but what really got me lathered up with this film is the BASS!!!!!

I have 6 subwoofers in my HT system.  4 are VMPS LARGER subs with the New VMPS PBS (powered bass system) and 1 15" Velodyne, and one 14" JBL PS1400.

So I am well SUBED.

I recently also upgraded the VMPS LARGER subs to use the "replacement" PR which I guess we'll name the ULTRA-PR.  It has seemed to be not only a viable replacement/"sub"stitute for the older VMPS PRs, but it seems to dig a lot deeper than before.

The other change is to have a pair of the new PBS Brian and I were working on.  It comes in a couple different versions, but mine is the PBS-525 (525wpc x 2) which I run to each LARGER.

So I load up the VUDU box with the HDX (like bluray) version of Total Rekall, turn on all the subs (all 6) crank the sub volumes a bit and hit play.  Freakin all Hell breaks loose :lol: :lol:

The room becomes like a swimming pool of bass waves shaking my listening couch, all the air in the room is shaking, and all the dishes in my kitchen are rattling. :nono: :nono:

So, I shut down ALL but two of the Largers, and turn down the gain. 

Still I have Room Shaking Bass, and far deeper than I have heard from any movie previous to employing these PBS amps and Ultra-PRs.

Am I impressed? You Betcha.  Am I a Happy Camper, OH YEAH  :thumb:

I am looking for the time my upstairs neighbors go on vacation so I can run War of the Worlds and see how that one fairs.

All I can say is WOW!

If you have some great subs, and like to feel the energy contribute to a film, you could do worse than TOTAL REKALL.

TOTAL REKALL

Hemy

Re: TOTAL REKALL - WOW!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2013, 03:13 pm »
Just stumbled upon this today and I am REALLY impressed with your amount of subs!!! You also are making me want to just go out and buy the new Total Recall for reference material!!!!  :thumb:

this_is_vv

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2013, 03:43 pm »
Yes watched yesterday and this movie have some serious BASS...i felt the bass.....

V

John Casler

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2013, 01:31 am »
Yeah, this movie was good enough for me to pick it up on Bluray for a demo disc.

Like $9 on Amazon for Directors Cut :thumb:

Hemy

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2013, 05:48 pm »
I love using Saving Private Ryans's opening 20 minutes for showing off a system too!