VSA/Vortex Purchase and customer service

daveaux419

VSA/Vortex Purchase and customer service
« on: 16 Sep 2014, 09:58 pm »
I have to tell of an experience I recently had while buying my second pair of true audiophile grade speakers. I live in Louisiana where hifi could be confused with some crazy french word. There are little BM stores to speak of and really no one around to audition true audiophile grade components. My search went on for about a year before deciding on the VR-33's. I purchased the speakers with the biwire-option, internal wire upgrade and crossover upgrade. The customer service I experienced over the phone was focused on me and any question I might have, it was not rushed nor was it artificial. The cost of the upgrades added an additional. 2600 dollars to the overall cost of the speakers which in my mind (and hopefully my ears) will be a major and worth while upgrade.  I am looking forward to getting them in the next 3 weeks or so and enjoying years of listening.

Delacroix

Re: VSA/Vortex Purchase and customer service
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2014, 10:43 pm »
Daveaux419

Welcome to the club -- hope you enjoy them. Be sure to keep us posted and let us know what you are matching them with, gear-wise, and how you set them up. What made you choose the 33s?

Patrick

daveaux419

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2014, 10:55 pm »
I am putting together a HT/2-channel listening room, I am in the early stages and hope to have everything put together soon. I choose the 33's mainly because I have two other very expensive hobbies and I thought the 33's design principles fit what I was looking for. The final price 6400 is what I wanted to spend on mains so with all the upgrades the 33's fit perfect. My overall budget for gear is around 55k so finding a good 2 channel speaker for all of the audiophile stuff and fit well into HT was very important. I am in marketing and design with my company so I understand how the 33's can hit that price point and be such a good value. Looking forward to listening soon.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2014, 11:34 pm »
I have to tell of an experience I recently had while buying my second pair of true audiophile grade speakers. I live in Louisiana where hifi could be confused with some crazy french word. There are little BM stores to speak of and really no one around to audition true audiophile grade components. My search went on for about a year before deciding on the VR-33's. I purchased the speakers with the biwire-option, internal wire upgrade and crossover upgrade. The customer service I experienced over the phone was focused on me and any question I might have, it was not rushed nor was it artificial. The cost of the upgrades added an additional. 2600 dollars to the overall cost of the speakers which in my mind (and hopefully my ears) will be a major and worth while upgrade.  I am looking forward to getting them in the next 3 weeks or so and enjoying years of listening.
I had the very same experience with VSA when I bought my VR4-HSE speakers. Cost delivered to my door was $6,000.
 A few years ago I found out that these speakers could be upgraded by VSA  for $3,000. I had them upgraded and when I got them back they sounded  more like a $20,000 speaker. I'm a happy camper and my search for a better sounding speaker is over!

Cheers
                                           Charlie

ASMAN

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2014, 02:22 pm »
Good choice.
I am sure they explained the lengthy break in process.
VSA speakers sound good out of the box but change radically (for the good) as the hours accumulate.

My experience with VSA was similar. Few companies would take the time and care for a customer who bought their bottom of the line (VR-22) system like I did.

Marlin

Jumpin

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2014, 03:39 pm »
I also had a wonderful experience dealing with Von Schweikert.  When I was buying my VR -33's, Albert asked if I could send in a picture of my hardwood floor.  They build the wooden caps to match the floor!  Hard to beat that level of customer service.  I will always be a big fan.

Regards,
Mark

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2014, 06:03 pm »
VSA rocks....both soundwise and regarding their customer service.  My VR5 Annies really started to open up at circa 400 hours...killer speaker!  :thumb: 8)