Vapor RMAF 2015

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Vapor RMAF 2015
« on: 29 Sep 2015, 03:57 pm »
As many of you know, we pulled the covers off our long awaited Perfect Storm project at Axpona this year.  Overall it went as well, and they sounded as good, as they could having just received some of the never before seen and totally custom Accuton drivers the Monday before the show.  The Storm Whites at Axpona were a bit rough on Friday, but by Saturday were really singing. 

However it was also obvious that they had more in the tank.  Especially when we got them back home, into a room I'm familiar with, and it became obvious that they just weren't disappearing into the room like I want.  Pete and I knew the crossover needed a fresh start in order to extract all that's possible from the design. 

That said, what you'll hear at RMAF IS representative of the Perfect Storm design perfected.  Now there's loads more refinement top to bottom, soundstage focuses and dances around you much better than before.  There's more resolution, yet more ease at the same time.  And the bass seems to keep pace/timing better than before.  In short, everything is better than before.  And to be completely honest, they are now the best speakers I've ever heard at any price.  They have it all, and do it completely effortlessly and naturally.  They're a speaker that can do anything you want at any volume level, and never complain. 

I don't expect to sell many to AC members, so my pitch isn't for that purpose.  What I hope is that AC members come by Room 2024 at RMAF and give them a serious listen.  And afterward, please take the time to share your thoughts with us. 

... the rest of the system isn't too shabby either!  The pairing with LampizatOr is sublime.  I'm finally sold, and have some Lampi gear coming soon to live in my home. 

You all know me not to hype things excessively.  But this year, hearing what I'm hearing now, I feel like this is the year that if the Big reviewers give us a fair shake, that we'll take home some serious Best of Show accolades.  These speakers, and this system is just transcendental. 

Tomy2Tone

Re: Vapor RMAF 2015
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2015, 04:28 pm »
I'll be stopping by for a serious listen as my intent of going to RMAF was primarily to hear your speakers. I've chatted with a few AC members here who own Vapor speakers and they all speak very highly of them. I'm a little disappointed that some of your more affordable type offerings (relatively speaking) like the Cirrus/Aurora aren't in the mix anymore for shows but I know the PS has taken a considerable amount of time for you to perfect so l look forward to hearing them.

I'll give my two cents worth of opinions after the weekend.

MDolphin

« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2015, 04:44 pm »
VAPOR's continuous R&D, refinement and uncompromising attention to detail in speaker design be it components, top quality materials, setup or paint techniques, just to name a few, features audio reproduction that you must experience in person to fully appreciate.   The VAPOR room at past shows never failed to WOW.  Looking forward to the newly refined PS at RMAF.

Tantalize us with c/o upgrades and any revision to c/o points that you refer to above...........

dpatters

« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2015, 05:00 pm »
Have a great show Ryan!! I'm sure the Perfect Storms will be an even bigger hit than my Joule Blacks were last year.
Coming up on one year of ownership and I couldn't be happier with my Vapors :thumb:

Don P.

branislav

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2015, 10:51 pm »
Man, I wish I could go....Lampizator was the best dac Ive ever own and Perfect Storm must be awesome. That should be a system for Italian Job.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2015, 02:22 am »
Thanks for the encouragement all.  We're excited about this show!  This time we show without a doubt that we can compete with (and beat) anything out there ... unless we hit a deer in Central KS  :duh:

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #6 on: 4 Oct 2015, 12:10 pm »
How's the show going?

bajaed

« Reply #7 on: 4 Oct 2015, 07:07 pm »
Sounds like Vapor is knocking it out of the park with the Perfect Storms. Tyson and Pez were really over the top impressed!

branislav

« Reply #8 on: 4 Oct 2015, 07:46 pm »
I've heard from people comment about overblown image. Was that true? Of course I take big image over too small any day...

bajaed

« Reply #9 on: 4 Oct 2015, 07:50 pm »
Enjoythemusic VERY positive write up as well.

branislav

« Reply #10 on: 4 Oct 2015, 07:56 pm »
According to enjoythemusic, the perfect storm jumped up in price by almost 20k...

OzarkTom

« Reply #11 on: 4 Oct 2015, 08:12 pm »
enjoythemusic said they are using $42K worth of  room treatments.

branislav

« Reply #12 on: 4 Oct 2015, 08:25 pm »
I guess this is what Im referring to... -"Vapor Audio's release of the production version of the Perfect Storm White ($45,000)"

Folsom

« Reply #13 on: 4 Oct 2015, 09:38 pm »
I've heard from people comment about overblown image. Was that true? Of course I take big image over too small any day...

Larger than life translates to overblown? :roll:

standub

« Reply #14 on: 4 Oct 2015, 09:56 pm »
According to enjoythemusic, the perfect storm jumped up in price by almost 20k...

Given the market they play in, Vapor is going to sell the PS through dealers rather than online.  Thus the change in price.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #15 on: 5 Oct 2015, 11:22 pm »
Great show, great crew ... really great crew!  More than any other show of the past, I loved working with this crew and the bromance all around.  Love seeing all my single serving friends, and making new ones.

standub

« Reply #16 on: 6 Oct 2015, 12:03 am »
Is Pete intentionally standing in your way Ryan  :lol:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #17 on: 6 Oct 2015, 12:34 am »
Is Pete intentionally standing in your way Ryan  :lol:

Yes, and believe me he'll be called into my office first thing tomorrow morning. 

Pete's daughter Jessica was missing from the picture unfortunately.  She was our resident domestic goddess who had the kitchen humming like a well-oiled machine.  Everyone who partook of our fresh baked snacks and cookies has her to thank! 

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #18 on: 6 Oct 2015, 12:36 am »
My favorite coverage of the show, a bit of a guilty pleasure.  My only annoyance is that we didn't earn the moniker "Dick Hammer".

http://noaudiophile.com/RMAF_2015_Day_3/

dex67

« Reply #19 on: 6 Oct 2015, 01:39 am »
oh, you guys had a pair of Nimbus at the show??? cool!